Boston College 60 Michigan 85 - 62-58 Transposition Error!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Boston College 60 Michigan 85 - 62-58 Transposition Error!

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:26 am

Too much Wolverine speed, shooting and defense and BC gets spanked.

Paris is struggling with shooting and performance, and I see Southern getting banged around.

BC's interior defense is a soft as a snugglie.

Add your guesses.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Boston College 60 Michigan 85

Postby auggiebc on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 am

Without Sanders, we battle but probably come up short. Gonna be close.

A BC win WONT surprise me however. Michigan has struggled early. They are not the top-15 team everyone thought they were.
Plus, Al usually comes up with a WTF win every year.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby auggiebc on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 am

your 80-65 prediction has flaws. Roche is good for at least 40 tonight.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:45 am

This will be my first look at the team tonight.

Interested to see:

- Biko and Reggie running point
- Reggie in general (I know I'm not the only person who thinks this, but he's going to be/is emerging as a playmaker big time)
- Defense. All the players said they worked really hard at it this offseason and it was going to be our identity this year. But so
far, early reports are that it's been atrocious. Not a good sign.
-Elmore/Ravenel. Do they contribute this year?

A win over Michigan forces my Midwestern family to eat some crow, too. So that's always nice.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:74,

your 80-65 prediction has flaws. Roche is good for at least 40 tonight.

Tyler could hang half a hundred on the Pups if he got 40 minutes.

Tippiecupcanoe and Tyler Needs 40 Too!

I need to fill my Tippiecup with more tequila.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Chilltown on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:This will be my first look at the team tonight.

Interested to see:

- Biko and Reggie running point
- Reggie in general (I know I'm not the only person who thinks this, but he's going to be/is emerging as a playmaker big time)
- Defense. All the players said they worked really hard at it this offseason and it was going to be our identity this year. But so
far, early reports are that it's been atrocious. Not a good sign.
-Elmore/Ravenel. Do they contribute this year?

A win over Michigan forces my Midwestern family to eat some crow, too. So that's always nice.

About the defense: stats are better than reports. I know its early, but right now our D is ranked 206th in efficiency, just behind defensive stalwarts Arkansas Pine Bluff and Northern Arizona. We are giving up 102.5 points for every 100 possessions (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=AdjDE

Interestingly, our offense is extremely efficient, ranked 13th in the country. FWIW, Pomeroy's ratings predict us as 5-point winners, 78-73.
Chilltown
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:58 pm

I'll take 80 to 55 Michigan. Skinner has no clue against a zone.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby westwoodeagle on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree with the post above. BC has typically struggled agaist John Beilein coached teams with their 1-3-1. The times that BC had had success was when we had active big men who could find the soft spot in the zone. If Trapani really is a game time decision, we are going to struggle there because Josh and Cortney are not that type of player. We need to shoot 3's really well to stay in this game and as evidenced in the Providence game, that may be an issue at times this year.

BC 64
Michigan 78
westwoodeagle
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:28 pm

I say:

Boston College 68
Michigan 83

Raji-- 17, 10 REB
Jackson-- 13, 8 REB

Harris-- 25
Sims-- 20
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMcG on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:20 pm

What's with all the doom and gloom? Sure, BC hasn't played well thus far, but neither has Michigan. In fact, Michigan has been pretty terrible so far. If they aren't hitting from outside, they aren't going to win and, over the past few games, they haven't been shooting well at all. It is a problem that BC is undermanned. Aside from that, there would be no reason not to be confident heading into this game.

I understand that this season is not off to a good start and there are a lot of criticisms being thrown around. That's fine. I do have a problem, though, with criticisms that are misplaced. Examples:

- People like to complain about the flex and identify it as a shortcoming on offense, while it has been incredibly efficient at producing points (for several years now).
- I read how BC has struggled against Beilein-coached teams. I took a quick glance and it looks like Skinner is 4-2 head-to-head against Beilein.
- Southern, and BC's interior defense in general, is soft. You don't know how soft big men can be until you witness Michigan basketball under John Beilein.

BC's problems are simple. The defense is terrible and, to a lesser extent, they need to do a better job of taking care of the ball. It is too often overlooked, but basketball is a game of possessions. When they don't turn the ball over, BC does a remarkable job of producing points on their possessions. On defense, though, they allow their opponents to score way, way, way too frequently.

I'm heading off to Crisler shortly and hopefully there will be a BC win to celebrate afterward. Go Eagles!
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:24 pm

BC is going to win this game if Traps plays. They are simply a better basketball team, even without Sanders.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:37 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:What's with all the doom and gloom? Sure, BC hasn't played well thus far, but neither has Michigan. In fact, Michigan has been pretty terrible so far. If they aren't hitting from outside, they aren't going to win and, over the past few games, they haven't been shooting well at all. It is a problem that BC is undermanned. Aside from that, there would be no reason not to be confident heading into this game.

I understand that this season is not off to a good start and there are a lot of criticisms being thrown around. That's fine. I do have a problem, though, with criticisms that are misplaced. Examples:

- People like to complain about the flex and identify it as a shortcoming on offense, while it has been incredibly efficient at producing points (for several years now).
- I read how BC has struggled against Beilein-coached teams. I took a quick glance and it looks like Skinner is 4-2 head-to-head against Beilein.
- Southern, and BC's interior defense in general, is soft. You don't know how soft big men can be until you witness Michigan basketball under John Beilein.

BC's problems are simple. The defense is terrible and, to a lesser extent, they need to do a better job of taking care of the ball. It is too often overlooked, but basketball is a game of possessions. When they don't turn the ball over, BC does a remarkable job of producing points on their possessions. On defense, though, they allow their opponents to score way, way, way too frequently.

I'm heading off to Crisler shortly and hopefully there will be a BC win to celebrate afterward. Go Eagles!

Well, I don't mean to be an OJ/Chicken Little but:

-Its in Ann Arbor
-They have a lot of talent
-We have a lot of talent, but some of it will be in street clothes
-They lost to Northern Iowa and Saint Joe's (3-3)
-Michigan on the other hand, has lost to legit teams like Marquette, and Alabama by 2
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby auggiebc on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Is someone gonna start a game thread? tip is less than 2 hours away. Hopefully Trap plays, and hopefully Southern plays angry.

we can beat Michigan. They've looked horrilbe so far this year.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:09 pm

You guys are all ignoring the most important thing about tonight's game: it has to end on time. Steven Seagal Lawman comes on at 10, and if the game goes to overtime, I might miss the beginning of the BEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby RyanBC on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:38 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:What's with all the doom and gloom? Sure, BC hasn't played well thus far, but neither has Michigan. In fact, Michigan has been pretty terrible so far. If they aren't hitting from outside, they aren't going to win and, over the past few games, they haven't been shooting well at all. It is a problem that BC is undermanned. Aside from that, there would be no reason not to be confident heading into this game.

Good post.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 pm

I knew I could motivate the team!

Free throw shooting at end had me skittish!!

Go Eagles!

I hate Michigan.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:32 pm

I love being wrong, and I am wrong often.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I love being wrong, and I am wrong often.

+1 here. Al Skinner with his first wtf win of the season. Al coached real well tonight.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC is going to win this game if Traps plays. They are simply a better basketball team, even without Sanders.

I love being right, even if it pisses off anti-Al guys.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

+1 here. Al Skinner with his first wtf win of the season. Al coached real well tonight.

epstein you dipshit, I thought Al couldn't coach against a 1-3-1 zone? Just askin'
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:57 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

epstein you dipshit, I thought Al couldn't coach against a 1-3-1 zone? Just askin'

Again we all know how it works. 2 wtf wins each season, 2 wtf losses each season. We have St. Joe's as the loss and Michigan as the win. Al did well tonight, really well actually and if he coached like this routinely I'd have nothing to complain again.

Although true, he butchered the St. Joe's game by leaving Trapani on the bench the entire second half when we desperately needed scoring without Sanders.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Boston College 60 Michigan 85 - 62-58 Transposition Error!

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:07 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:this just in - eagledominOJ is real busy at work today

And will be until Saturday evening or Sunday morning -just when talk of Miami comes around
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCLou on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:06 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Again we all know how it works. 2 wtf wins each season, 2 wtf losses each season. We have St. Joe's as the loss and Michigan as the win.

Despite the oddsmakers and even without Sanders I wouldn't count this as a WTF win. UM had lost their last 2 and last night they looked like they had just met each other 10 minutes before gametime. They have no inside game so unless the 3's are falling they're totally beatable.

I really like what I saw from BC. Great ball movement now that Rice is gone and I hope people noticed that Al seems to have designed a reasonably good inbounds play.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:20 am

Lou-- I laughed when i saw that easy bucket and said...is this Al or the Wolves are really bad....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Chilltown on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:22 am

BCLou {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Again we all know how it works. 2 wtf wins each season, 2 wtf losses each season. We have St. Joe's as the loss and Michigan as the win.

Despite the oddsmakers and even without Sanders I wouldn't count this as a WTF win. UM had lost their last 2 and last night they looked like they had just met each other 10 minutes before gametime. They have no inside game so unless the 3's are falling they're totally beatable.

I really like what I saw from BC. Great ball movement now that Rice is gone and I hope people noticed that Al seems to have designed a reasonably good inbounds play.

While the oddsmakers had Michigan as the favorite, as I pointed out upthread, Ken Pomeroy's efficiency rankings had BC as 5 point favorites. Our offense really is that efficient, perhaps the most efficient since the 2006 Sweet 16 team. I'll be interested to see how Sanders fits in.
Chilltown
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:30 pm

BCLou {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I agree with Lou. Good signs last night and great ball movement.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Seeing Rakim, Trap, Reggie, Biko, and Raji on the floor together will be fun. They are gonna give teams fits.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum