SAINT JOE'S Game Thead

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: SAINT JOE'S Game Thead

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:55 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:Not surprised at result as they have a terrific head coach. I cannot remember ever beating St. Joe's. Keeping Trapani on the bench at key moments also happened a lot last year. Al must see something on defense. Another WTF in our illustrious herky jerky history.

Me neither. As I recall, when we made the Elite 8 back in the 80"s, it was St. Joe's that prevented an All Big East Final 4 of Georgetown, Villanova, St. Johns and what would have been BC. Villy shot like 90% from the floor in the NC game to shock Georgetown. St. Joe's has our number. That was my concern heading into this game.

Your main concern going into last nights game, was the result of a game that happened in 1985? really?

No. It's the fact that we have played St. Joes I think a half dozen times since then but I don't recall ever beating them. Weird. It's not like they are a top tier team but we always seem to lose to them.

The last time we played St Joes was in 2003 (in my opinion too far back to have any relevance to this game) when they were a top tier team. To be honest, I don't think are past performances against them had anything to do with this game. BC lost because the best player, on a very possibly mediocre team, left four minutes into the game.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:57 pm

JConman {l Wrote}:Not that it matters for the sake of this discussion, but I thought we lost to Memphis in 85 after making the Sweet 16? We did lose to St. Joe's in double OT in the second round of the tourney in 97.

You are correct. We lost to St. Joes in the Sweet 16 in 1981. I'm old, the memory fades sometimes. Thanks for correcting me.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Where do you think Ryan and these guys get thei column ideas from....

Look at the date I posted this gem.

I am sure someone will take credit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit postReport this postReply with quoteRe: SAINT JOE'S Game Thead
by BCEagle74 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:59 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Second Round Skinner {l Wrote}:
BCEagle8 {l Wrote}:Losses always suck, but this one hurts because it would have been nice to play a game against some ranked competition to see how we stack up. Was looking forward to that.

Forget about ranked competition. I think losing to St. Joe's was enough to reveal how we stack up. Terrible D, and a pathetic effort overall. Not surprised.

This post by SRS and others and me has been the same for 6+ years.

For 7 years, I have never been a fan and have zinged ad infinitum, TOBlunders0-13, Spazoo, Nemo and Al Skinner.

Skinner is a lousy coach who like TOB has a very decieving record. The Villanova debacle in the NCAA's did it for me. That was Al's maximum level he will ever reach.

Teams reflect a Coach's practice and game personality.

Al Skinner and TOB drank the same Valium laced Kool-Aid.

Al is laid back, quiet and his style is Insomnia Cured. Same as his recruiting style. The flex is also good for those who can't sleep or who need to doze off.

I want Al Skinner gone.

I have always wanted Spazoo gone and his juvenile cushion and inability to blitz and put pressure on the QB.

I saw an ESPN tape of Tom Izzo's practice at Michigan State. Just like an old Bob Knight high intensity practice, in your face defense and guys getting ppissed off and in their teammates grills on defense.What a fucking prick! Screaming, kicking guys ooff the floor and my favorite making guys shoot free throws at the end of practice exhausted like in game pressure situations...and if the guy missed the team did laps!

How many posts about BC's bad free throw shooting in clutch game ending situations and during the whole game?

How many posts about teams draining 3' balls and our guards in no man's land just looking?

I have had it with Al for many years and wanted him gone 2 years ago. Get me someone who wants to get off his lazy ass and recruit, have intense practices and get some big men!

We will be lucky to win a first round game!

Love the recruiting line..lmao!

HUMBLE GENIUS AT WORK!

I was calling him lazy before the other Hoops heads here who were killing me at the time with their stupid and blind support of Al and refused to read or listen.....could ever figure out what I knew and GDF figured out last week and then Ryan and Hurley nuked Lazy Al!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:24 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Second Round Skinner {l Wrote}:
BCEagle8 {l Wrote}:
Teams reflect a Coach's practice and game personality.

Al Skinner and TOB drank the same Valium laced Kool-Aid.

Al is laid back, quiet and his style is Insomnia Cured. Same as his recruiting style. The flex is also good for those who can't sleep or who need to doze off.

I want Al Skinner gone.

I have always wanted Spazoo gone and his juvenile cushion and inability to blitz and put pressure on the QB.

I saw an ESPN tape of Tom Izzo's practice at Michigan State. Just like an old Bob Knight high intensity practice, in your face defense and guys getting ppissed off and in their teammates grills on defense.What a fucking prick! Screaming, kicking guys ooff the floor and my favorite making guys shoot free throws at the end of practice exhausted like in game pressure situations...and if the guy missed the team did laps!

How many posts about BC's bad free throw shooting in clutch game ending situations and during the whole game?

How many posts about teams draining 3' balls and our guards in no man's land just looking?

I have had it with Al for many years and wanted him gone 2 years ago. Get me someone who wants to get off his lazy ass and recruit, have intense practices and get some big men!We will be lucky to win a first round game!

THE PROPHET KNEW LONG AGO.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum