2024 NIT

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2024 NIT

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:53 pm

BC playing PC

After the last three games, BC deserves to be there and I wouldn’t be surprised to see BC make a run. I’m not putting much stock in the last 10 minutes against UVA after playing three back-to-back games with a short bench. Still nearly beat UVA after destroying Miami and Clemson (Kenpom top 25 team before BC beat them).
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Re: 2024 NIT

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:05 pm

Jesus, congrats for caring, I guess. That team is effing terrible. No reason to watch,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Jesus, congrats for caring, I guess. That team is effing terrible. No reason to watch,

Theodore, you will not be taking part in the 2024 NIT Bracket Challenge? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:11 pm

devin carter, big east player of the year isn't playing. looking at ticketmaster, the ghosts may be out.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Jesus, congrats for caring, I guess. That team is effing terrible. No reason to watch,

Nobody who has watched since 2012 would see it this way. I know it’s my fault I watched that long, but whether it’s the chance to get to 20 wins [for the first time since your last sustained erection] or the chance to watch a big east rivalry with nothing to lose, there’s something to watch for
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:00 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Nobody who has watched since 2012 would see it this way. I know it’s my fault I watched that long, but whether it’s the chance to get to 20 wins [for the first time since your last sustained erection] or the chance to watch a big east rivalry with nothing to lose, there’s something to watch for

I honestly don't watch much anymore. What I saw was a bad product that plays hard and blows on offense. There's zero reason to watch this shit in a meaningless tournament. Enjoy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:31 am

Biggest game in the Grant Error is tonight! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 pm

Providence with 7 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons available. BC outplaying them early but Post is missing bunnies and it’s tied somehow
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby miutbc on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:20 pm

Looking awful to start
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:29 pm

Sleepwalking, missing open shots
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:14 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Sleepwalking, missing open shots

Those last two turnovers at this stage in the season are incomprehensible.

It at least looks like those still playing for PC care and we have just McGlockton trying. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I honestly don't watch much anymore. What I saw was a bad product that plays hard and blows on offense. There's zero reason to watch this shit in a meaningless tournament. Enjoy.

BCs like top 50 in the country in offense. That hasn’t been the issue.

Madsen running over 3 point shooters like Toro the Bull on the other hand…
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I’m right with you but acknowledge I’m a total weirdo
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:10 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:Biggest game in the Grant Error is tonight! :ace

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:01 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Sleepwalking, missing open shots

Those last two turnovers at this stage in the season are incomprehensible.

It at least looks like those still playing for PC care and we have just McGlockton trying. :ace

That shit had little business being close. Post played like ass. Hand was awful. Aligbe airballed a floater inside 10 feet.

That win felt like shit

As far as I’m concerned Aligbe just had his lunch ate by Strong. It’s not particularly close who is more helpful
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

BCs like top 50 in the country in offense. That hasn’t been the issue.

Madsen running over 3 point shooters like Toro the Bull on the other hand…

If BC is top 50 in offense the NCAA should stop. That product is terrible. Did they win? Did they score 60?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:02 pm

Just looked at the box, they made it to 60! In fairness the top 50 offense shot 40% from the field. Dominant.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:37 am

I for one am very excited by the Eagles advancing into the second round of America’s original college basketball postseason tournament. You can watch the 68 team trainwreck put on by the soon to be dissolved NCAA—a bunch of rubes sitting on the outskirts of Kansas City—but basketball purists know that a true champion of “The City Game” can only be crowned on the floor of the Mecca of basketball aka The World’s Most Famous Arena aka Madison Square Garden. Who gives a shit about watching the abortion that was UVA-Colorado State when one could watch a historic rivalry like BC-Providence. What joy is there is watching a tournament that is likely to be won by UCONN—a shitty, third rate school for mid-level insurance managers located in a dying, Neo-Marxist New England shithole, coached by a violent, insecure jackass and represented by a team of illiterate thugs—or perhaps Houston, a crappy commuter school whose most prominent alumni are the fake Indian Senator from the 2nd rate New England shithole of Massachusetts and a Nigerian former basketball star, coached by a proven liar and cheater and represented by a different collection of illiterate thugs. You can have it.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:54 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I for one am very excited by the Eagles advancing into the second round of America’s original college basketball postseason tournament. You can watch the 68 team trainwreck put on by the soon to be dissolved NCAA—a bunch of rubes sitting on the outskirts of Kansas City—but basketball purists know that a true champion of “The City Game” can only be crowned on the floor of the Mecca of basketball aka The World’s Most Famous Arena aka Madison Square Garden. Who gives a shit about watching the abortion that was UVA-Colorado State when one could watch a historic rivalry like BC-Providence. What joy is there is watching a tournament that is likely to be won by UCONN—a shitty, third rate school for mid-level insurance managers located in a dying, Neo-Marxist New England shithole, coached by a violent, insecure jackass and represented by a team of illiterate thugs—or perhaps Houston, a crappy commuter school whose most prominent alumni are the fake Indian Senator from the 2nd rate New England shithole of Massachusetts and a Nigerian former basketball star, coached by a proven liar and cheater and represented by a different collection of illiterate thugs. You can have it.

Bad time to point out the Semis and Finals are in Indy?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 am

Also, Eli Strong is absolutely the man. Incredible performance last night just when BC needed him. Just give all Prince's minutes to him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I for one am very excited by the Eagles advancing into the second round of America’s original college basketball postseason tournament. You can watch the 68 team trainwreck put on by the soon to be dissolved NCAA—a bunch of rubes sitting on the outskirts of Kansas City—but basketball purists know that a true champion of “The City Game” can only be crowned on the floor of the Mecca of basketball aka The World’s Most Famous Arena aka Madison Square Garden. Who gives a shit about watching the abortion that was UVA-Colorado State when one could watch a historic rivalry like BC-Providence. What joy is there is watching a tournament that is likely to be won by UCONN—a shitty, third rate school for mid-level insurance managers located in a dying, Neo-Marxist New England shithole, coached by a violent, insecure jackass and represented by a team of illiterate thugs—or perhaps Houston, a crappy commuter school whose most prominent alumni are the fake Indian Senator from the 2nd rate New England shithole of Massachusetts and a Nigerian former basketball star, coached by a proven liar and cheater and represented by a different collection of illiterate thugs. You can have it.

If only FX McLaughlin was still El Presidente of the NIT! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:00 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Yes, but the next game may be in Princeton and I plan on attending. I haven't been to the Nassau Inn in awhile.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:48 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Yes, but the next game may be in Princeton and I plan on attending. I haven't been to the Nassau Inn in awhile.

That would be pretty cool, I dont have plans this weekend and havent been to a hoops game in years.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:40 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

This NIT is not so bad. If you told me this was a Thanksgiving or holiday tournament with the likes of Seton Hall, Providence, Princeton, Wake Forest, Georgia, Xavier, Ohio State, Butler and Villanova as possible opponents, I'd buy a ticket in a heartbeat. I'm going to Villanova's game tonight. Hopefully the teams that win in the 1st round are able to field full squads going forward. Too bad the finals aren't in NYC, but some of these NIT games are good TV.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:02 pm

To paraphrase the great Al Calavicci, played by the late, great Dean Stockwell, while the NIT may be in Indianapolis, “in my mind, it was always in MSG.”
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 pm

I have to believe we will choose to host UNLV this weekend. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:06 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:I have to believe we will choose to host UNLV this weekend. :ace

Is… is it our choice? We have the worse record and are in the lesser conference

UNLV might outclass us severely but if they get another chance to erase the senior night memory maybe they can make a game out of it… post can leave conte on a high note
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:I have to believe we will choose to host UNLV this weekend. :ace

Is… is it our choice? We have the worse record and are in the lesser conference

UNLV might outclass us severely but if they get another chance to erase the senior night memory maybe they can make a game out of it… post can leave conte on a high note

According to UNLV's website, the game will be played in Las Vegas at 6:30 PM PT on Palm Sunday.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:13 am

Game is in Vegas at 9:30 pm Sunday Night. I don't believe they give BC the "option" to host.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Game is in Vegas at 9:30 pm Sunday Night. I don't believe they give BC the "option" to host.

I have no understanding of the NIT or how its seeding works so I had made a bad assumption us beating the 3 seed made us the higher seeded of the unseeded teams. :81

Oh well! MoJ and I were going to drive over to Princeton from Spring Lake on Sunday if that had been the game. Apparently driving to Las Vegas is beyond his fandom. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum