Game 22 - FSU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 22 - FSU

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:09 am

BC 3.5???
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Game 22 - FSU

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 pm

Why do they always start slow and unbothered?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:37 pm

Sleepwalking the start + turnovers again
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:41 pm

Stating this as neutrally and objectively as possible: Aligbe getting injured has been great for the offense
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:46 pm

Average or above point guard play would have made the difference in this game. Kelley and Zackery, I would have accepted average play from either. Too many turnovers man. It’s been pretty much the same formula in every ACC game, close loss included
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:05 pm

That last possession was Zachery's game in a nutshell. Dribble by your head eight feet from your body into a double team, lose the ball, and throw an absolute brick of a three 2 seconds after the buzzer.

I'm not on the epstein Grant is terribles at the inbounds calls! bandwagon by any means, but running a set with 5.8 designed to get the ball to Post 4 feet outside the three point line so that you can set up an iso for Zachery on the back side is pretty terrible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That last possession was Zachery's game in a nutshell. Dribble by your head eight feet from your body into a double team, lose the ball

He’s gotta start to figure if its the only thing he does it must be in their scouting report
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:21 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That last possession was Zachery's game in a nutshell. Dribble by your head eight feet from your body into a double team, lose the ball

He’s gotta start to figure if its the only thing he does it must be in their scouting report

Only 5 more years left on Grant's contract to figure this out. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:39 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Yep. We’ll be watching this dumpster fire for several more years comforting ourselves with the knowledge that the product is better than the one that was put on during the Jimmy Christian Error and salivating over the occasional appearance in the NIT. God I hate our athletic department and administration and Bill Leahy. I had guys from Marquette telling me we’d rue the day Bill “Light in the Loafers” Leahy darkened our door and they were not wrong. Wish he had caught AIDS from Ted McCarrick.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 am

we have to be the worst team in the conf in first 10 minutes of games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:47 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Yep. We’ll be watching this dumpster fire for several more years comforting ourselves with the knowledge that the product is better than the one that was put on during the Jimmy Christian Error and salivating over the occasional appearance in the NIT. God I hate our athletic department and administration and Bill Leahy. I had guys from Marquette telling me we’d rue the day Bill “Light in the Loafers” Leahy darkened our door and they were not wrong. Wish he had caught AIDS from Ted McCarrick.

Fordham men are a bit more discerning in their choice of partners. Also, I do not see Bill Leahy spending time in Sea Girt.

We did win the second half! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:37 am

Our guards and in-game coaching continue to submarine this team.

- The guards shot 6 of 25 with about a million turnovers.
- How do you not try a 2-3 zone at some point? FSU was a terrible outside shooting team
- What was the idea behind the play with 5 seconds left?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:38 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Zachary hit his ceiling as a basketball player. He's fine, but he shouldn't be your starting PG in the ACC. He's very limited athletically (see the driving into the trees and getting blocked 5x a game) and a really poor outside shooter.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:07 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:we have to be the worst team in the conf in first 10 minutes of games

because i'm a glutton, there have been 3 (of 11) acc games where we're leading at the 10 min mark Wake, UNC, ND. we've been trailing by 7 2x, 5 2x, and 4 once.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:47 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Zachary hit his ceiling as a basketball player. He's fine, but he shouldn't be your starting PG in the ACC. He's very limited athletically (see the driving into the trees and getting blocked 5x a game) and a really poor outside shooter.

Zackery is hard to stick up for. At times he is a terrific shooter (47% from 3 his freshman year on 3.3 attempts per game) and other times is an intentional leave-open (shooting 32% back-to-back years on 2 attempts per game). He is always a solid defender at least. His decision making is another area. His assists to turnovers this year is 4.3 to 1.8 (surprising!) but he ranges from being the best decision maker on the team some games to somebody who needs to be benched immediately as they are only helping the other team (the first Syrcause game). Turnovers aren’t the only stat to measure his decision making by; his actions with 5 seconds left last night will not show up in the stat sheet, but driving through downtown Manhattan is something he does frequently and with a very small success rate. Also from the department of funny/embarrassing: whenever he flashes swagger he gets sonned almost immediately (see Sean Padulla)

Chas Kelley on the other hand has almost zero impact on the offensive side of the floor, but is fairly steady and is a plus defender mostly. I can’t figure out why Donald Hand has had a ticket punched to exile island; I see a lot of upside with him
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:13 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Zackery is hard to stick up for. At times he is a terrific shooter (47% from 3 his freshman year on 3.3 attempts per game) and other times is an intentional leave-open (shooting 32% back-to-back years on 2 attempts per game). He is always a solid defender at least. His decision making is another area. His assists to turnovers this year is 4.3 to 1.8 (surprising!) but he ranges from being the best decision maker on the team some games to somebody who needs to be benched immediately as they are only helping the other team (the first Syrcause game). Turnovers aren’t the only stat to measure his decision making by; his actions with 5 seconds left last night will not show up in the stat sheet, but driving through downtown Manhattan is something he does frequently and with a very small success rate. Also from the department of funny/embarrassing: whenever he flashes swagger he gets sonned almost immediately (see Sean Padulla)

Chas Kelley on the other hand has almost zero impact on the offensive side of the floor, but is fairly steady and is a plus defender mostly. I can’t figure out why Donald Hand has had a ticket punched to exile island; I see a lot of upside with him

Hand Jr. wasn’t in uniform last night. He also is a poor defender which is why he doesn’t play.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:56 pm

Zachery is a terrible defender. He does the fake hustle backcourt pick up Marcus Smart shit with none of Smarts athletic ability. He's slow as shit on ball.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zachery is a terrible defender. He does the fake hustle backcourt pick up Marcus Smart shit with none of Smarts athletic ability. He's slow as shit on ball.

I'll co-sign on this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zachery is a terrible defender. He does the fake hustle backcourt pick up Marcus Smart shit with none of Smarts athletic ability. He's slow as shit on ball.

Slow footed yes, ploddy for sure. His mirroring/matching, anticipatory ability to stay on ball is generally fine. Again, solid. Horrible is reserved for Ky Bowman/Jerome Robinson. There aren’t guards on the roster now that touch them offensively, but the same can be said defensively too
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum