Game 6 - Loyola-Chicago (Tournament in KC)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 6 - Loyola-Chicago (Tournament in KC)

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:05 am

1:30 pm on CBSSN.

If we want to go where we're going this year don't lose this game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Game 6 - Loyola-Chicago (Tournament in KC)

Postby Logitano on Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:10 am

Ramble on! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:1:30 pm on CBSSN.

If we want to go where we're going this year don't lose this game.

if they go 20-for-20 at the charity stripe again, then yes, they will win THIS game
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:39 pm

We did win the second half. So suck on that knowledge!

Everyone gives up a 14-2 run under 4 minutes left and up 9 to a team missing its second best player. It happens.

This should not be looked at as an indictment in year 3 of Grant as a coach and his very promising future at BC. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:47 pm

Disgraceful. This tournament has potential to be a Rutgers moment
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:26 pm

- If BCs going to continue to shoot 4 of 23 from deep, this team is going nowhere
- Earl was fine in these two games coaching wise. It’s not his strong point and he’s much improved
- 8 turnovers today isn’t bad, but for a school that allegedly has academic standards we play a lot of dumb basketball (and football). Guys whipping passes one handed cross-court, stupid fouls (Glock), etc.

My concern with Earl’s teams is lack of shooting in modern day college basketball and it continues to be a problem. You win this game by 20+ if we could make a jump shot (or a layup).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:49 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:- If BCs going to continue to shoot 4 of 23 from deep, this team is going nowhere
- Earl was fine in these two games coaching wise. It’s not his strong point and he’s much improved
- 8 turnovers today isn’t bad, but for a school that allegedly has academic standards we play a lot of dumb basketball (and football). Guys whipping passes one handed cross-court, stupid fouls (Glock), etc.

My concern with Earl’s teams is lack of shooting in modern day college basketball and it continues to be a problem. You win this game by 20+ if we could make a jump shot (or a layup).

The lack of outside shooting other than Post is alarming and makes them very easy to defend. Hence long long scoring droughts.

I have a bad feeling that Mason Madsen was his 1 attempt at bringing in a pure shooter.

By now there needed to be another point guard who is more well rounded. Zackery actually looks like he is regressing each game (I know I know he is not an ACC player). :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum