Game 2- Holy Cross

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 2- Holy Cross

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:33 am

Friday Night at 7 pm on ESPN3 (or whatever they're calling it).

HC projected to finish 9th in a 10 team Patriot League so should be another soft opponent.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Game 2- Holy Cross

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 am

A middle of the pack Patriot team just took a middle of the pack Big Ten team into OT.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401372168
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Grant will have gone a long way to winning over the fan base if he can put up a good showing in his first Holy War!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:42 pm

especially if he either mentions jebus or creates a gold statue of his god for the players to worship at time outs
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:33 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:especially if he either mentions jebus or creates a gold statue of his god for the players to worship at time outs

You can laugh all you want, but as the season ticket base has dropped to triple digits, I feel quite comfortable saying the median remaining fan is a CATHOLIC!

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:10 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:especially if he either mentions jebus or creates a gold statue of his god for the players to worship at time outs

You can laugh all you want, but as the season ticket base has dropped to triple digits, I feel quite comfortable saying the median remaining fan is a CATHOLIC!

All 6 of them. No one gives a fuck.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

All 6 of them. No one gives a fuck.

least of all, the school. the only association they care about is the association with their bank account
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:23 am

If the season ticket base is truly in the hundreds, perhaps stop charging a $2.5k (or whatever it is) seat donation for decent seats...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If the season ticket base is truly in the hundreds, perhaps stop charging a $2.5k (or whatever it is) seat donation for decent seats...

I've never been a member of The Rent Is Too Damn High Party, but if you have low season tix subscriptions, you really need to kind of give the product away for free while the quality is awful. Make it a next to free experience in the hopes that people spend money while there, create a buzz and eventually get hooked. As the program grows, you can start juicing the rates. But, no one should have been forced to pay anything to watch those last years of Christian.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If the season ticket base is truly in the hundreds, perhaps stop charging a $2.5k (or whatever it is) seat donation for decent seats...

They charge that for the decent seats because they know people will pay it. Do ALL the seats have that charge? Can you go get season's tickets up in the sky with lousy seats where you can't see anything and pay no license fee?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:01 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

They charge that for the decent seats because they know people will pay it. Do ALL the seats have that charge? Can you go get season's tickets up in the sky with lousy seats where you can't see anything and pay no license fee?

You can get into these games for $4 and sit anywhere outside of the rink-level and no one will question you.

If the team starts selling out games, you might be stuck up in the crappy seats as there will be no open sections to walk down to... but my strategy's been paying off for quite some time now and I feel good about it going forward.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Scott available but Galloway out with a knee issue
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:27 pm

Someone is gonna get hurt on this slippery floor.

We’re an ACC Athletic Program can we not get this figured out?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Great to see Fred Scott back out there

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Great to see Fred Scott back out there

Promptly benched for some very bad defense. Molinari wasn’t happy with him
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:20 pm

Karnik drains a 3. Camera cuts to bench laughing. Help me out here fellas, does this mean he does this frequently?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Didn’t Steve __nahue lose to Holy Cross his second year?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:56 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Didn’t Steve __nahue lose to Holy Cross his second year?

By 20+ in Worcester yes
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

By 20+ in Worcester yes

We won’t score against athletic teams. But, defense and fast breaks works well in these warm-up games… which is a welcome change from the nailbiters of pretty much all previous seasons. I think it also gives a glimpse as to what Grant wants for the program in the future when he’s remade the roster. As I posted, it is a system that can work at a school like BC. Another observation, in this system, 3-point shooting is an after-thought.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:37 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

By 20+ in Worcester yes

We won’t score against athletic teams. But, defense and fast breaks works well in these warm-up games… which is a welcome change from the nailbiters of pretty much all previous seasons. I think it also gives a glimpse as to what Grant wants for the program in the future when he’s remade the roster. As I posted, it is a system that can work at a school like BC. Another observation, in this system, 3-point shooting is an after-thought.

No one really cares about BC hoop or your opinion.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:12 am

keep pounding the under in these games :chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:keep pounding the under in these games :chewbanka

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

By 20+ in Worcester yes

And yet… here you are in the Crib quoting my posts.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

By 20+ in Worcester yes

Just checked to see if BC hoop won, noticed this. Yeah you!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:13 pm

Also, what's the Crib? Nevermind, don't give a shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Also, what's the Crib? Nevermind, don't give a shit.

You may want to grab a hold of the railing in your shower for this, but they fired Jim Christian and people are cautiously optimistic again
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:01 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Also, what's the Crib? Nevermind, don't give a shit.

You may want to grab a hold of the railing in your shower for this, but they fired Jim Christian and people are cautiously optimistic again

We're three years from optimism. Regardless, let HJS be stupid without you.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Good old guy joke though. I give it a 4 of 10 on the funishment humor scale. Hansen laughed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

By 20+ in Worcester yes

Why would you check “to see if BC hoop won” if you don’t “really care about BC hoop”? Do you go to NagsHockeyRuption to see how chicks with sticks did in their last game? Do you follow that up being the most prolific poster in game threads to make sure everyone knows you really, truly, forever don’t pay attention. Very convincing.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

By 20+ in Worcester yes

Why would you check “to see if BC hoop won” if you don’t “really care about BC hoop”? Do you go to NagsHockeyRuption to see how chicks with sticks did in their last game? Do you follow that up being the most prolific poster in game threads to make sure everyone knows you really, truly, forever don’t pay attention. Very convincing.

Please keep all lemon parties on the football board, this is not the place

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum