TOS Articles

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

TOS Articles

Postby BCMcG on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 am

I didn't see these posted on here, but there are a couple interesting articles from TOS (free via Yahoo Sports).

Skinner Optimistic About Season Ahead: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rivals/SIG=11dj0ivg4;_ylt=ArY20jsPXq3pzb_z5DWQnHD00rYF/*http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1013432&PT=4&PR=2
BC Hoops Looking to Silence Critics: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rivals/SIG=11dj0ivg4;_ylt=AhWpI_UXldZY88qiV6Y38mj00rYF/*http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1011786&PT=4&PR=2

Some interesting parts:

Skinner on pressing
"We've always had the perimeter players to press, but in order to do it successfully your four and five have to be of that stature. Our four and five are not that. Right now we couldn't have a steady dose of that and be successful. The 2001 team was smaller, quicker, very tenacious, and we had a 6'7" center. He had great feet, great athleticism, and great quickness. Josh is not that player, Joe is not that player, Cortney is not that player, and Evan is not that player," said Skinner. "We look to play to our strengths both offensively and defensively. We aren't going to play to a certain style and that's why I think we've been able to play successful. We pressed with that 2001 team, and then you look when we had the team with Louis, Jared, and Craig and we played a little slower even to the point where people thought we couldn't shoot the ball. We play to the strengths of the particular players we have and we will always do that."

Skinner on Ravenel and Elmore
Skinner is pleased with the progress of both players.

"The most important thing with Evan is that physically he had to improve himself which I think he was able to do. From there I think his game has improved just from that. He's a little quicker and can react to situations because physically he's in better shape. He has a little better understanding of what we're trying to do and now what he has to do is bring some discipline into his game---discipline meaning that when he recognizes a play he has to make the play and not hesitate and on the other side not assume that the play is automatically there and deliver the ball. I think he's going to get a chance to play and have a chance to impact this club," said Skinner.

"Unfortunately for Dallas, last season he got hurt in the early part of the season and it really put him behind. There's a lot to learn and by missing two weeks while we were adding more and more stuff, he was trying to learn it on the run and he was in a tough situation. We had a young team already and I had to make a decision. If I tried to teach him and work through his mistakes it was going to hurt us as a team. He kind of got lost a little bit in that sense. This year he's been healthy, working extremely hard, and I think he has a better feel for how his game fits into our game. Last year I don't think he really understood that. Because of those efforts he's going to get a chance to play," said Skinner.

Roche and Trapani on players stepping up
"A lot of the young guys have been stepping up, especially Evan Ravenel," said Roche. "He didn't get too many minutes last year, but he's been stepping up big time and he's playing like a monster right now. Reggie Jackson and Biko Paris are filling in the point guard role. A lot of people are stepping up, because everyone needs to step up this year."

"Reggie Jackson is an excellent player, very talented," said Trapani. "I think Evan Ravenel is also going to surprise a lot of people. He didn't get a lot of minutes last year but I think he's definitely going to come off the bench and be a key guy for us."

Roche on playing without Tyrese
"I feel like we're not relying on one guy to score," said Roche. "We're not putting the ball in the hands of Tyrese when the shot clock is winding down. We all know we need to get it done."
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Re: TOS Articles

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:01 am

Wow these quote really make it seem that Skinner doesn't think Elmore and Ravenel are "legitimate" players per the Katz article. You really are a dumbass Eagledom.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum