March Madness pool for 2021

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

March Madness pool for 2021

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:29 am

Did we want to run one this year? I assume that there will be a March Madness this year no matter how bad Covid-19 gets because the NCAA is taking every precaution and is having this very well organized in just the state of Indiana. Actually quite impressed with what they are doing. They have had a full year to prepare for this.

I have never done PayPal or anything like that so I am not sure how to manage the money. So I wouldn't be the one to collect the money. Setting up a group on ESPN for our picks in no big deal (and of us can do that) but if we want any action I'm thinking $5 or maybe $10 each, some nominal figure that we don't care if we never see again but just enough money that we are getting action. Is anyone interested in taking this on and participating?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Re: March Madness pool for 2021

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:01 pm

i will agree to participate in a march madness pool only if nospace chooses the mighty coens to win the championship - regardless of whether they qualify for the field of 68 or not

i also think limiting the pool to bragging rights instead of cash prizes is a better bet as people here have proven that inside information about posters' identities can and will be used against them and i have no good method of cash collection that will not eventually lead back to another posters identity
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i will agree to participate in a march madness pool only if nospace chooses the mighty coens to win the championship - regardless of whether they qualify for the field of 68 or not

i also think limiting the pool to bragging rights instead of cash prizes is a better bet as people here have proven that inside information about posters' identities can and will be used against them and i have no good method of cash collection that will not eventually lead back to another posters identity

I am okay with bragging rights. I was just hoping to get some "action" out of this. I think we all want that. Signature changes and banning people aren't action as far as I'm concerned.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:47 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i will agree to participate in a march madness pool only if nospace chooses the mighty coens to win the championship - regardless of whether they qualify for the field of 68 or not

I am okay with bragging rights. I was just hoping to get some "action" out of this. I think we all want that. Signature changes and banning people aren't action as far as I'm concerned.

why would you need to seek out action, mmr?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

why would you need to seek out action, mmr?

mmr?

Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine? That is all I could come up with
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:14 pm

mr marital rape
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:24 pm

I already know I am an idiot and don’t need it proven to me with yet another bracket in the cellar of a March Madness pool. But nice gesture for the EI community, all 9 of us, anyhow
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:02 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I already know I am an idiot and don’t need it proven to me with yet another bracket in the cellar of a March Madness pool. But nice gesture for the EI community, all 9 of us, anyhow

Its a craps shoot. There is nothing scientific about picking a bracket. No one could possibly know if a VCU, a Dayton, a Butler, or even a Long Beach is going to make a run and fuck your bracket. So don't let it make you feel stupid.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Very much hoping the crying Roy Williamses can force koach shuchefskee to back problem right out of the tournament
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 pm

i will create a pool should there be interest, will find be site that can protect the innocent bystanders
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:16 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i will create a pool should there be interest, will find be site that can protect the innocent bystanders

I’m in
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:06 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:i will create a pool should there be interest, will find be site that can protect the innocent bystanders

I’m in

In
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:18 am

Got some action for the national championship

$5 on San Diego State to win it all, pays 100-1
$5 on Utah State to win it all, pays 500-1
$10 on Iowa to win it all, pays 15-1
$20 on Baylor to win all, pays 4.5 - 1

Not a lot of money but its enough to keep it interesting
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:38 am

bracket game will be published today, just confirming it's completely anonymous
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:19 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}: I was just hoping to get some "action" out of this. I think we all want that.

Which of the men here do you have your eye on?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:31 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}: I was just hoping to get some "action" out of this. I think we all want that.

Which of the men here do you have your eye on?

DeepFuckingTonto
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum