2021 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2021 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Borrowing a little luck from the Football Search.

I haven't cared enough about the sport in recent years to have a clue as to who we should target. I don't think it will be an easy job. I think we have a potentially OK backstop in Eisley (who essentially is the same candidate Kraft hired at Temple in McKie). Personally, I think the only way out of this mess is making a monster hire of a guy like Beilein or Brad Stevens (Stevens seems to love living in Wellesley and could be on the hot seat at any second (see Atkinson last year).

Whatever... it is nice to have a glimmer of hope. I'm sure Eddie Fogler will do a better job this time around.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: 2021 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:29 pm

There’s one candidate and only one....Al Skinner

Just kidding. I’m sticking to my thesis that you need to get the biggest and best name out there.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Borrowing a little luck from the Football Search.

I haven't cared enough about the sport in recent years to have a clue as to who we should target. I don't think it will be an easy job. I think we have a potentially OK backstop in Eisley (who essentially is the same candidate Kraft hired at Temple in McKie). Personally, I think the only way out of this mess is making a monster hire of a guy like Beilein or Brad Stevens (Stevens seems to love living in Wellesley and could be on the hot seat at any second (see Atkinson last year).

Whatever... it is nice to have a glimmer of hope. I'm sure Eddie Fogler will do a better job this time around.

There is someone else I would prefer to give another bite of the apple.

https://collegiatesportsassociates.com/meet-the-team/ :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:35 pm

Brad Bates and Ty Thrillingham together at last, creating champions in the classroom and the community.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:41 pm

there's a certain coach from another jesuit school thats available

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:there's a certain coach from another jesuit school thats available

Going to be a big week for coaches from small mid-major programs in the tri-state area
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:57 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:there's a certain coach from another jesuit school thats available

Going to be a big week for coaches from small mid-major programs in the tri-state area

Does Pitino still have that townhouse on comm ave?

Perhaps he returns to Boston to finish what his former player and fellow Long Island native started?

I will be monitoring to see if newly purchased homes on Winged Foot go back up for sale. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:03 pm

It is a sad reality that most of us have no clue who to we should hire because our basketball team has been a national embarrassment for a decade that none of us follow the sport anymore.

Regardless, rather than shooting for the moon I'm sure we will all be disappointed with some jamoke from the MAC again. It's the BC way.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:03 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

Does Pitino still have that townhouse on comm ave?

Perhaps he returns to Boston to finish what his former player and fellow Long Island native started?

I will be monitoring to see if newly purchased homes on Winged Foot go back up for sale. :ace

Perhaps WF was waiting for some members to leave to begin admitting new ones?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Lol at Brad Stevens be on the hot seat.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:07 pm

This is the first time to truly evaluate Kraft and it's not his wheelhouse. He's a football guy and this program is in a much worse position than FB has ever been in.

There have already been some rumblings that make Kraft concerning. If he whiffs here I'll believe them all.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:16 pm

goodman has some serious salt
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:24 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Lol at Brad Stevens be on the hot seat.

He hasn't been the same since Brady left.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:25 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:This is the first time to truly evaluate Kraft and it's not his wheelhouse. He's a football guy and this program is in a much worse position than FB has ever been in.

There have already been some rumblings that make Kraft concerning. If he whiffs here I'll believe them all.

If he whiffs here no one will care and we will go back to watching football and hockey. A complete whiff wouldn't be worse than status quo.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Willard should be priority 1.

Eisley is the likely hire.

Can’t see them hiring Beilein given the way things ended for him in Cleveland.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:57 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

This is an insane statement.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

This is an insane statement.

Why? He had to resign under pressure because of his allegedly racist statements about thugs to his team.

I love Beilein as a coach but I just don’t see him getting hired given that fact in the current fully woke world we live in.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:20 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Lol at Brad Stevens be on the hot seat.

It’s the NBA. Every coach is on the hot seat each minute they are employed. Coaches are the most discarded commodity in that league. If you have no talent, a great coach can have you battling for the 8th seed. If you have talent, the coach doesn’t matter and usually ignored by the aforementioned talent. I think Stevens is excellent and does a great job with a roster that will never win anything. But, if Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown ever get pissed at him for any reason, he’s gone before you can say “5th longest tenure in the NBA”.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:This is the first time to truly evaluate Kraft and it's not his wheelhouse. He's a football guy and this program is in a much worse position than FB has ever been in.

If he whiffs here no one will care and we will go back to watching football and hockey. A complete whiff wouldn't be worse than status quo.

ESPN+ headline basically says it all: “ Who can figure out how to win at Boston College?”
Tagline: “The Boston College job is an ACC gig — but an almost impossibly tough one.”

I recall the halcyon days of teddy and Logi talking about how literally “anyone” could do better with this program than Coach Second around.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

ESPN+ headline basically says it all: “ Who can figure out how to win at Boston College?”
Tagline: “The Boston College job is an ACC gig — but an almost impossibly tough one.”

I recall the halcyon days of teddy and Logi talking about how literally “anyone” could do better with this program than Coach Second around.

Wrong. Didn't like the fact that he Schottenheimered the tournament but I liked Skinner a lot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:35 pm

As for the next coach... two words: mooz - mooz
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Wrong. Didn't like the fact that he Schottenheimered the tournament but I liked Skinner a lot.

Never stop to correct homojs when he goes full retard.

He probably thinks Skinner would still be coach at this point in time. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:01 pm

I am skeptical on Beilein. He’s 68. Schmidt would be terrific, as literally everyone here has pointed out ad nauseam

Unless we know Beilein is chugging wheatgrass shots and is doing some TB12 stuff, I’d personally prefer a coach not next to 70 y/o
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:13 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I am skeptical on Beilein. He’s 68. Schmidt would be terrific, as literally everyone here has pointed out ad nauseam

Unless we know Beilein is chugging wheatgrass shots and is doing some TB12 stuff, I’d personally prefer a coach not next to 70 y/o

Did you not watch the super bowl this year? AGEIST! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Borrowing a little luck from the Football Search.

There is someone else I would prefer to give another bite of the apple.

https://collegiatesportsassociates.com/meet-the-team/ :ace

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:29 pm

I'm good with the other Jones brother or Eisley.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:21 pm

As important as they next coach is the basketball facility.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:23 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Willard should be priority 1.

Eisley is the likely hire.

I’d agree with all of the above. Eisley feels very risky but has huge upside. The downside isn’t any worse than the last 10+ years.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:32 pm

Amaker is my bet
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:57 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I am skeptical on Beilein. He’s 68. Schmidt would be terrific, as literally everyone here has pointed out ad nauseam

Did you not watch the super bowl this year? AGEIST! :ace

With much respect to Mr Beilein, a rebuild of this program is back breaking work for any age. Our ADs historically hire a “national search group” it’s so hard they don’t even want to do it
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum