2021 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:41 am

krafty pat reached out to grant, earl the pearl wasn't interested

@HoopsWeiss
Penn State made initial call to Earl Grant of BC. He wasn't interested.

https://twitter.com/HoopsWeiss/status/1 ... 7361985544

https://www.pennlive.com/penn-state-men ... jones.html

Earl Grant (Boston College)

Just as an FYI, might as well mention a name apparently cleared off the board. I’ve been told by Boston sources this was one of Kraft’s first calls early in the week when Shrewsberry and ND were still only in the negotiation stage. See, Kraft hired Grant when he was the BC athletic director.

The answer came back: Negatory. Am told Grant’s family was uninterested in moving to State College. And BC is not exactly a primo job, ugly stepchild as it is to the ACC. On Tuesday, Grant quickly signed a 2-year extension at Boston College through 2029.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:13 pm

al skinner gets a few mentions in this story about cooley taking over at georgetown. fuck you gdf.

https://andscape.com/features/new-georgetown-coach-ed-cooley-confident-he-can-lead-team-back-to-winning-season/
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:13 pm

GDF’s basketball coach just beat Villanova.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:GDF’s basketball coach just beat Villanova.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:36 pm

St. Bonaventure just beat Oklahoma St.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Eisley was not a finalist. The overview on him was that he needed more developing.

Grant, Gates were two. The other person of color that Benbow mentions was likely Boynton. Boynton was late, but listened and had no interest despite his NYC roots.

Boynton would have had me drinking champagne right now and writing a check, which is what I thought BC wanted from me - and many others.

Why on earth would Boynton want to come here?

Maybe because he knew he’d be fired for Okie State 3 years later.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Eisley was not a finalist. The overview on him was that he needed more developing.

Grant, Gates were two. The other person of color that Benbow mentions was likely Boynton. Boynton was late, but listened and had no interest despite his NYC roots.

Boynton would have had me drinking champagne right now and writing a check, which is what I thought BC wanted from me - and many others.

A true BC man, Mark Schmidt, completely out coached Boynton this year. It was comical--the true BC guy who'd have taken the gig ten years ago, would have made the tournament regularly, and would never have left his dream job, whipping up on the allegedly brilliant Boynton--who had a roster stacked with guys making $200-$400k per year--with a roster formed by skimming the best players off the rosters of St Peters, Morgan State, Holy Cross, Bryant, Hartford and somehow convincing a local kid to leave Cincinnati for $50k.

Even though that ship has long sailed and Schmidt is content to win 20 games a year for 7-8 more years (and if he can do it with this roster he can do it with any roster) rack up 600+ career wins and retire to the Cape, I will never abandon the agenda of pointing out what a ruinous decision it was to not hire him. Also, the story of how badly Butt Cut screwed up that interview will never cease to make me laugh.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:12 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

A true BC man, Mark Schmidt, completely out coached Boynton this year. It was comical--the true BC guy who'd have taken the gig ten years ago, would have made the tournament regularly, and would never have left his dream job, whipping up on the allegedly brilliant Boynton--who had a roster stacked with guys making $200-$400k per year--with a roster formed by skimming the best players off the rosters of St Peters, Morgan State, Holy Cross, Bryant, Hartford and somehow convincing a local kid to leave Cincinnati for $50k.

Even though that ship has long sailed and Schmidt is content to win 20 games a year for 7-8 more years (and if he can do it with this roster he can do it with any roster) rack up 600+ career wins and retire to the Cape, I will never abandon the agenda of pointing out what a ruinous decision it was to not hire him. Also, the story of how badly Butt Cut screwed up that interview will never cease to make me laugh.

Are we still doing the Mark Schmidt thing?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Eisley is also available as his boss was just fired.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Yes. Yes we are. In the unlikely event Bonnies wins the A-10 this weekend with the aforementioned Frankenroster, you should be prepared for it to last all summer long.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You’d prefer we do a Bruce Pearl thing?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:12 am

Look obviously I’d prefer Schmidt to any of the previous coaches including the current one but we need to aim higher. Heck we just hired BOB in football.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Look obviously I’d prefer Schmidt to any of the previous coaches including the current one but we need to aim higher. Heck we just hired BOB in football.

Basketball doesn't move the needle with rich alums, and therefore Fr. Leahy, like football does.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:23 pm

I really hate that there is someone in moderation authority who isn't man enough to leave my posts on this thread, without deleting them. I am speaking to the one who keeps deleting my Conte Forum posts, whoever you are, you are not a man. You are a boy. Don't ever forget that.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What did Bates say to Schmidt? I thought Fogler did all the talking?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:58 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I really hate that there is someone in moderation authority who isn't man enough to leave my posts on this thread, without deleting them. I am speaking to the one who keeps deleting my Conte Forum posts, whoever you are, you are not a man. You are a boy. Don't ever forget that.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:43 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I really hate that there is someone in moderation authority who isn't man enough to leave my posts on this thread, without deleting them. I am speaking to the one who keeps deleting my Conte Forum posts, whoever you are, you are not a man. You are a boy. Don't ever forget that.

Is Murt back from his tour in the Ukraine and up to his old tricks?

If I still had my mod powers (which were taken away from me because of IB complaints to :shock ) I would get to the bottom of this!
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:29 pm

and another post deleted by a boy.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:44 am

Free IB's posts, you cowards!!!!!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 pm

It's okay BME. There are people here in authority, over the age of 40, who behave like they are still 15. It happens.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:08 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What did Bates say to Schmidt? I thought Fogler did all the talking?

It was largely Fogler, who kept telling Schmidt “Do you know how hard it is to win here?” Butt Cut’s contributions were to insist that they didn’t fuck up the time of the interview even when he was presented with the emails that demonstrated that they did and that Butt Cut had forgotten that Schmidt was both (a) an alum and (b) a Boston local (especially amusing because Schmidt has a thick, almost comically stereotypical accent).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:12 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:It's okay BME. There are people here in authority, over the age of 40, who behave like they are still 15. It happens.

What pearls of wisdom are we being deprived by this juvenile cabal of so-called moderators. I demand to know. I am sure it is the basketball equivalent of his Turo posts or why it is good to vote for a lazy con man over the best governor in America for the GOP POTUS nomination, but even if it is, we should be allowed to see it so we can properly point out the stupidity of said posts/musings.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:29 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:It's okay BME. There are people here in authority, over the age of 40, who behave like they are still 15. It happens.

What pearls of wisdom are we being deprived by this juvenile cabal of so-called moderators. I demand to know. I am sure it is the basketball equivalent of his Turo posts or why it is good to vote for a lazy con man over the best governor in America for the GOP POTUS nomination, but even if it is, we should be allowed to see it so we can properly point out the stupidity of said posts/musings.

Although I am no longer a moderator I still have friends in the moderator community and I was able to get to the bottom of this situation. Apparently no posts of IB were ever removed. IB had a fallout with "chicken man" while cruisin' together (something happened on the lido deck) and vowed to get his moderator powers taken away which IB had done successfully to myself and to Murt (thank you for your service). IB is the boy who cried wolf making false claims with the intention of this outcry getting :shock to fire yet another moderator.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:34 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:

Although I am no longer a moderator I still have friends in the moderator community and I was able to get to the bottom of this situation. Apparently no posts of IB were ever removed. IB had a fallout with "chicken man" while cruisin' together (something happened on the lido deck) and vowed to get his moderator powers taken away which IB had done successfully to myself and to Murt (thank you for your service). IB is the boy who cried wolf making false claims with the intention of this outcry getting :shock to fire yet another moderator.

What a dastardly and ungentlemanly thing to do. For shame IB, for shame. Stop lying about the moderators!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:30 pm

Dick:

It sounds like Schmidt got his AD fired for turning down the NIT.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:35 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Dick:

It sounds like Schmidt got his AD fired for turning down the NIT.

It’s a little more complicated than that. Schmidt wanted the NIT bid initially for obvious reasons, however shortly after the his postgame press conference, Chad Venning told Schmidt he was done—turning pro and heading to China in a week, then Luc and Evans entered the portal (Evans was a bit of a shock), and Brown’s injury turned out to be much worse than first thought. Couple that with Schmidt having a postgame yelling match with Adams-Woods, who despite his talent has been a locker room cancer all year and would not play in the NIT without more money and by Sunday Schmidt was on the fence.

Manhertz talked with Schmidt and thought he had the go ahead to preemptively decline which he did and what actually got him fired was that he didn’t tell anyone. When the ESPN story broke that Bonnies declined and Banks and others on the team found out they were furious. That was Tuesday night. There was a hastily convened call with the Sixth Man Club on Wednesday. Schmidt actually tried to save Manhertz by noting that what was left of the roster would be very thin for post season play, but the Bonnie Whalepant Equivalent was enraged and got off the call and told the President that Manhertz had to go—he was already on shaky ground when he interviewed for the UNC Charlotte gig less than a year after he got to Olean, and his generally hamfisted interactions with several donors. This was the last straw and the Boosters took him out quickly. Schmidt really wasn’t the agent for taking him out. The worst you can say is that if he really liked Manhertz he could have shut everything down and saved Manhertz with a few strong words of support but he never did.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:46 am

Sounds like the Bonnies are totally rational. Jesus fucksticks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The idea that the Danny Hurley I played against in high school is a top choice for the BC hoop job is hilarious. The dude was deadly from three if you didn't force him to go right, but he literally couldn't spell "Hurley"

BUMP

:whammy :ace

BUMP
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:57 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The idea that the Danny Hurley I played against in high school is a top choice for the BC hoop job is hilarious. The dude was deadly from three if you didn't force him to go right, but he literally couldn't spell "Hurley"

BUMP

BUMP

Zero chance Hurley would have won here or still been the head coach. He is right at the admissions standards he needs to be.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

BUMP

BUMP

Zero chance Hurley would have won here or still been the head coach. He is right at the admissions standards he needs to be.

In all the dumb shit you post this might be the dumbest
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum