Mohegan Bubble

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:41 am

BYU held the johnnies to 68 points.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 315

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:07 am

2001Eagle wrote:BYU held the johnnies to 68 points.


By slowing them down and grinding it out in the half court...who knew that would work
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm

On a carpeted Senate floor
We heard a loud voice wailing:
"Ashli they have taken ye away!"
cuz when you hit the Senate floor
Your complaints heard never more
Now Ashli lies there dying on the floooor

LOWWWWWWWW LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -353

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Hooray for the bureaucracy of the NCAA! Karnik transferred in April...
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 120

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:40 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:Hooray for the bureaucracy of the NCAA! Karnik transferred in April...


Kentucky had two transfers approved in October
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: 27

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:34 pm

Nice touch with the numbers and lettering on the jerseys.
On a carpeted Senate floor
We heard a loud voice wailing:
"Ashli they have taken ye away!"
cuz when you hit the Senate floor
Your complaints heard never more
Now Ashli lies there dying on the floooor

LOWWWWWWWW LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -353

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:57 pm

The way we play defense the second conference 0fer is on the table.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:03 pm

I can’t tell you how bad Florida looked yesterday against Army, but BC is the cure to whatever ails your basketball team. Shitty defense, sloppy in the offensive end and all the hallmarks of a poorly coached team.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 399

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:05 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:I can’t tell you how bad Florida looked yesterday against Army, but BC is the cure to whatever ails your basketball team. Shitty defense, sloppy in the offensive end and all the hallmarks of a poorly coached team.


Heath and Tabbs put forward 0 effort at defense.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:05 pm

This team is terrible.

The fact that JC is still the coach is a joke.

And Kelly is terrible.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 315

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby Supahfan99 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Jesus this is unwatchable.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 pm
Karma: 181

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:10 pm

2001Eagle wrote:This team is terrible.

The fact that JC is still the coach is a joke.

And Kelly is terrible.


Kelly isn’t terrible. He’s the only guard on this team that can stop the ball.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:16 pm

Please for the love of god Fire Jim Christian
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:58 pm
Karma: -15

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:19 pm

I’m done with this shit. Fuck Jimmy Christian. Fuck his lazy, undisciplined, shitty players. And fuck Father Leahy and his sports hating regime. There is absolutely no reason to waste your time supporting this program in any way, shape or form. It ought to be blown up or burnt to the ground and just salt over the basketball program like it was Carthage.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 399

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:22 pm

NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 pm

I would love an honest explanation how this guy has been given 7 fucking seasons to coach?

There has never once been a hint of improvement.

Honestly fuck Father Leahy at this point.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:58 pm
Karma: -15

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:I can’t tell you how bad Florida looked yesterday against Army, but BC is the cure to whatever ails your basketball team. Shitty defense, sloppy in the offensive end and all the hallmarks of a poorly coached team.


Heath and Tabbs put forward 0 effort at defense.


Heath tries. He just doesn’t seem to be successful at it.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 315

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:This team is terrible.

The fact that JC is still the coach is a joke.

And Kelly is terrible.


Kelly isn’t terrible. He’s the only guard on this team that can stop the ball.


Please. He doesn’t stop the ball for long. Mann abused him at least five times.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 315

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 pm

eepstein0 wrote:NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.


There is athletic talent, but it is lazy, undisciplined, selfish and fundamentally unsound. These guys also have zero pride or heart. I wish we could build a hockey only facility on the seminary property and then drop a JDAM on Conte Forum and pretend that we never had a basketball program.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 399

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Is kraft’s email available?
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 315

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:30 pm

Now that I see how well it is going, I can skip the second half. Thanks!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32684
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2463

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby thebs19 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:30 pm

eepstein0 wrote:NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.


This feels like a wild overstatement. This is a terrible defensive team, just took Nova 35 minutes to figure that out while they settled for contested jumpers early.

There's not a single guy who really even tries to score in the paint other than MAL who is like if Derryck Thornton was a 40% FT shooter.

its just a bunch of quasi-talented guys playing iso ball and throwing up contested jump shots. If we had NCAAT level talent, we would've been able to still get away with that against teams like St. John's (who looked like the far more talented team despite a ridiculously out of control style). As has been typical, as we're only really playing "power" conference schools, we are always playing with a talent deficiency that gets exacerbated by the terrible coaching. The collection of MAAC and Patriot League guys combined with underrecruited guys who SHOULD be in the MAAC or Patriot League plus high major talents we can't develop cuz combined with the ever present "glue guy" and the one overachieveing guard - its the same roster it always is.



I mean, can you iMAGINE if they fired Christian last year and they lost this class!?! Would've set the program back years I tell ya...
thebs19
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:17 am
Karma: 15

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby thebs19 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:This team is terrible.

The fact that JC is still the coach is a joke.

And Kelly is terrible.


Kelly isn’t terrible. He’s the only guard on this team that can stop the ball.


Please. He doesn’t stop the ball for long. Mann abused him at least five times.


In our 4th game (so in seeing 5 rosters), Kelly has been easily the most overmatched/least talented guy who has played in any of those games. And he's playing 20+ minutes a night.

He drives like he's Sandy Lyle.

Image
thebs19
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:17 am
Karma: 15

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:37 pm

thebs19 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.


This feels like a wild overstatement. This is a terrible defensive team, just took Nova 35 minutes to figure that out while they settled for contested jumpers early.

There's not a single guy who really even tries to score in the paint other than MAL who is like if Derryck Thornton was a 40% FT shooter.

its just a bunch of quasi-talented guys playing iso ball and throwing up contested jump shots. If we had NCAAT level talent, we would've been able to still get away with that against teams like St. John's (who looked like the far more talented team despite a ridiculously out of control style). As has been typical, as we're only really playing "power" conference schools, we are always playing with a talent deficiency that gets exacerbated by the terrible coaching. The collection of MAAC and Patriot League guys combined with underrecruited guys who SHOULD be in the MAAC or Patriot League plus high major talents we can't develop cuz combined with the ever present "glue guy" and the one overachieveing guard - its the same roster it always is.



I mean, can you iMAGINE if they fired Christian last year and they lost this class!?! Would've set the program back years I tell ya...


Defense is coaching, not talent. They’re not athletically overwhelmed here.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:41 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
thebs19 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.


This feels like a wild overstatement. This is a terrible defensive team, just took Nova 35 minutes to figure that out while they settled for contested jumpers early.

There's not a single guy who really even tries to score in the paint other than MAL who is like if Derryck Thornton was a 40% FT shooter.

its just a bunch of quasi-talented guys playing iso ball and throwing up contested jump shots. If we had NCAAT level talent, we would've been able to still get away with that against teams like St. John's (who looked like the far more talented team despite a ridiculously out of control style). As has been typical, as we're only really playing "power" conference schools, we are always playing with a talent deficiency that gets exacerbated by the terrible coaching. The collection of MAAC and Patriot League guys combined with underrecruited guys who SHOULD be in the MAAC or Patriot League plus high major talents we can't develop cuz combined with the ever present "glue guy" and the one overachieveing guard - its the same roster it always is.



I mean, can you iMAGINE if they fired Christian last year and they lost this class!?! Would've set the program back years I tell ya...


Defense is coaching, not talent. They’re not athletically overwhelmed here.


The coaching sucks but they’re definitely athletically overmatched here as well. You’re delusional if you don’t think so.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 315

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
thebs19 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.


This feels like a wild overstatement. This is a terrible defensive team, just took Nova 35 minutes to figure that out while they settled for contested jumpers early.

There's not a single guy who really even tries to score in the paint other than MAL who is like if Derryck Thornton was a 40% FT shooter.

its just a bunch of quasi-talented guys playing iso ball and throwing up contested jump shots. If we had NCAAT level talent, we would've been able to still get away with that against teams like St. John's (who looked like the far more talented team despite a ridiculously out of control style). As has been typical, as we're only really playing "power" conference schools, we are always playing with a talent deficiency that gets exacerbated by the terrible coaching. The collection of MAAC and Patriot League guys combined with underrecruited guys who SHOULD be in the MAAC or Patriot League plus high major talents we can't develop cuz combined with the ever present "glue guy" and the one overachieveing guard - its the same roster it always is.



I mean, can you iMAGINE if they fired Christian last year and they lost this class!?! Would've set the program back years I tell ya...


Defense is coaching, not talent. They’re not athletically overwhelmed here.


The coaching sucks but they’re definitely athletically overmatched here as well. You’re delusional if you don’t think so.


I guess we can agree to disagree.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby thebs19 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:44 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
thebs19 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.


This feels like a wild overstatement. This is a terrible defensive team, just took Nova 35 minutes to figure that out while they settled for contested jumpers early.

There's not a single guy who really even tries to score in the paint other than MAL who is like if Derryck Thornton was a 40% FT shooter.

its just a bunch of quasi-talented guys playing iso ball and throwing up contested jump shots. If we had NCAAT level talent, we would've been able to still get away with that against teams like St. John's (who looked like the far more talented team despite a ridiculously out of control style). As has been typical, as we're only really playing "power" conference schools, we are always playing with a talent deficiency that gets exacerbated by the terrible coaching. The collection of MAAC and Patriot League guys combined with underrecruited guys who SHOULD be in the MAAC or Patriot League plus high major talents we can't develop cuz combined with the ever present "glue guy" and the one overachieveing guard - its the same roster it always is.



I mean, can you iMAGINE if they fired Christian last year and they lost this class!?! Would've set the program back years I tell ya...


Defense is coaching, not talent. They’re not athletically overwhelmed here.


Thats a nice mantra, but its not 1 or the other. Our guards can't stop people off the dribble because they're lesser athletes. Teams score at will in the paint because our "bigs" are undersized and underathletic.

Sure, you can try to scheme to overcome that. But you can see it with Stef Mitchell against higher competition. Everyone love citing him as this huge defensive player, and then st. johns' backup 4 (though assume he's starting now) abuses him for 30 minutes the other night. Because he's just more talented.
thebs19
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:17 am
Karma: 15

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 pm

On that last series of possessions every single player on the floor for Florida was more athletic than every player on the floor for BC. And that was before Karnak came in.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 315

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:45 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:NCAAT level talent combined with Nescac coaching. It’s really a shame there’s a ton of basketball talent on this roster.


There is athletic talent, but it is lazy, undisciplined, selfish and fundamentally unsound. These guys also have zero pride or heart. I wish we could build a hockey only facility on the seminary property and then drop a JDAM on Conte Forum and pretend that we never had a basketball program.


It’s poorly coached talent I guess that’s my point. These aren’t the Donahue teams with Moton and Caudill. This is middle of the ACC talent and depth.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Mohegan Bubble

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:46 pm

2001Eagle wrote:On that last series of possessions every single player on the floor for Florida was more athletic than every player on the floor for BC. And that was before Karnak came in.


This isn’t the Olympic long jump competition. There’s enough athleticism to stay in front of the ball and box out if they actually tried or were coached to do so.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Untitled document