2020 Offseason

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 Offseason

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:33 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:Kelly reminds me some of Bryce Alford. Hes not as quick as Bryce but similar game. He will probably struggle some athletically in the ACC (terrible game vs Miami in November) but he can definitely shoot. I'll take any talent right now but we need a big badly.

He’s probably an upgrade over CHJ, but this doesn’t move the needle at all.

Disagree, but they still need another big or else it is all for naught

There’s zero evidence Kelly can play at this level of basketball. I’ve seen this movie before with 5th year kids who can’t hack it in the ACC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BConway on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Or maybe he's transferring because he was losing playing time to Williams and there are 2 Langfords and Tabbs coming to compete for playing with as well

This will come as a shock to some of you but the people around the program don't all hate Jimmy Mac

He was in the rotation next year. Otherwise we’re counting on a couple of kids who haven’t played in almost 2 years and a kid from Quinnipac.

This team is going to be abysmal next year. Really missed a chance to fire him after that Pitt game.

I love how you try and sum up a player in 1 negative thought. You repeatedly mention 2 guys who haven't played in 2 years, like it's some kind of death sentence. The team has a bunch of quality guards and wings. Theres some potential with this team if we can land a big or 2
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:36 pm

It's easy to sum up BC's recent players with one thought.

If this team had a bunch of anything they wouldn't be so terrible. And they are unmistakably terrible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It's easy to sum up BC's recent players with one thought.

If this team had a bunch of anything they wouldn't be so terrible. And they are unmistakably terrible.

Ehh. Kinda. They had two NBA guards and still couldn’t win shit. Burn it all down.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:45 pm

Ehh. Kinda. They had two NBA guards and still couldn’t win shit. Burn it all down.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Two is not a bunch, two end of the bench NBA guards and nothing else isn't doing much more than .500 in the ACC most seasons. That said, by all means burn it down.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:Kelly reminds me some of Bryce Alford. Hes not as quick as Bryce but similar game. He will probably struggle some athletically in the ACC (terrible game vs Miami in November) but he can definitely shoot. I'll take any talent right now but we need a big badly.

He’s probably an upgrade over CHJ, but this doesn’t move the needle at all.

Disagree, but they still need another big or else it is all for naught

There’s zero evidence Kelly can play at this level of basketball. I’ve seen this movie before with 5th year kids who can’t hack it in the ACC

The more guys who can shoot the better. He fits a glaring weakness at perimeter shooting and some extra ball handling. Also an older, mature player. Really no downside to having him.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zero chance anyone should be relying on Tabbs for starter minutes. Heath is most certainly starting on what is going to be an unwatchable pile of shit. Losing Hamilton sucks.

Probably why we picked up Kelly. But did he have microfracture surgery? If not I'm optimistic he can return to health.

I was optimistic last season. How'd that work out?

Obviously not well but he got surgery and I see no reason to believe he doesnt have a chance to be healthy

I have a chance to be President in November too.

I’m voting for the Cuomo/Ballgame ticket. Make Westchester/ BC basketball great again

We used to crush Scarsdale and New Rochelle. And Mamaroneck. Cant remember the Yonkers team but they killed us.

Lincoln? :ace

Mount Vernon.

Mount Vernon would obviously kill the shit out of anyone East of Rochester (and half the time everyone in the state). No way it could have been Lincoln High School. The demographic shift in Yonkers (and most River Towns) whereby African Americans move south for better economic opportunities while Dominicans and Central Americans move in has been happening since the late 80s and as a result Lincoln has been hot garbage in football and basketball for a long time—they weren’t even particularly good when they had Nealon Greene because his supporting cast was so terrible. Truth is, back in the early 90s, the best basketball in Section 1 was being played at the Class C level with Danya at Hackley and Otis Hill at Pleasantville.

And speaking of Section 1 basketball, was anyone else aware that Dayton’s stud player was from Ossining? How did that happen? Ossining is far more affluent and white then it was 30 years ago as people who used to live in Briarcliff and Chappaqua started moving there so they could pay $30K a year in property taxes instead of $60k. It also bled away most of its African American population down by Sing Sing and along State Street and replaced them with Mayans and Incan descendants who barely break 5’4”.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zero chance anyone should be relying on Tabbs for starter minutes. Heath is most certainly starting on what is going to be an unwatchable pile of shit. Losing Hamilton sucks.

Probably why we picked up Kelly. But did he have microfracture surgery? If not I'm optimistic he can return to health.

Obviously not well but he got surgery and I see no reason to believe he doesnt have a chance to be healthy

I’m voting for the Cuomo/Ballgame ticket. Make Westchester/ BC basketball great again

We used to crush Scarsdale and New Rochelle. And Mamaroneck. Cant remember the Yonkers team but they killed us.

Mount Vernon.

Mount Vernon would obviously kill the shit out of anyone East of Rochester (and half the time everyone in the state). No way it could have been Lincoln High School. The demographic shift in Yonkers (and most River Towns) whereby African Americans move south for better economic opportunities while Dominicans and Central Americans move in has been happening since the late 80s and as a result Lincoln has been hot garbage in football and basketball for a long time—they weren’t even particularly good when they had Nealon Greene because his supporting cast was so terrible. Truth is, back in the early 90s, the best basketball in Section 1 was being played at the Class C level with Danya at Hackley and Otis Hill at Pleasantville.

And speaking of Section 1 basketball, was anyone else aware that Dayton’s stud player was from Ossining? How did that happen? Ossining is far more affluent and white then it was 30 years ago as people who used to live in Briarcliff and Chappaqua started moving there so they could pay $30K a year in property taxes instead of $60k. It also bled away most of its African American population down by Sing Sing and along State Street and replaced them with Mayans and Incan descendants who barely break 5’4”.

The year I graduated high school, Mount Vernon was undefeated state champs and beat St Ray's to win the overall title. It was Mount Vernon, Scarsdale, New Rochelle and us at the Westchester County center in the section one semis. If I remember correctly, they gave St. Anthony's Jersey City a run in an exhibition. St. Anthony's beat us by like 60 that year with D Hurley, Rod Rhodes and Rashawn McLeod.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:53 pm

The main guy at Mount Vernon was named something like Salhuddin.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:10 am

i can't speak to 30 years ago but i wouldn't use wealthy for ossining now, has a wide spectrum with some low / mid class areas
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:32 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i can't speak to 30 years ago but i wouldn't use wealthy for ossining now, has a wide spectrum with some low / mid class areas

Yeah, I get up to see my parents and siblings enough to drive through Ossining to know what your saying is correct, but, in contrast to thirty years ago there are some affluent sections outside of Chilmark that did not exist 30 years ago and they have even cleaned up Main Street and put in luxury apartments down along the River. And the demographic change is absolutely striking and obvious if you drive along State Street or the neighborhood off Route 9 by the Italian Bakery—you might as well be in Honduras. Point is, Ossining never produced much in the way of basketball talent—although they produced the occasional D1 football player. There was maybe one kid in my era who made it to Temple, but that was almost entirely the product of him being 6’8” and he never got off the bench the entire time he was there. And that was when it was a decidedly working class place.

And I believe Teddy is talking about Rasul Salahuddin, who is basically the shorter, Toughchester version of Lloyd Daniels. That kid could ball—he was a playground legend when he was in middle school. He played on an AAU team with a cousin of mine (who ended up riding the pine at Iona for a year before transferring to a D2 school) and I watched him absolutely destroy Khalid Reeves, despite being a couple of years younger. Unfortunately, he was also as dumb as a pile of bricks and he ended up getting shot for the first time after leading Mount Vernon to the state title (and I heard he absolutely destroyed Danny Hurley during the famous scrimmage). Anyway, he was going to be a non-qualifier anyway, but getting shot cemented his place as a JUCO—there was talk of him straight up trying to declare for the NBA draft before the shooting. So he goes the JUCO route for a year and is a JUCO All American and was apparently headed to Kentucky or Temple when he ended up getting shot a second time—this time right through the knee cap.

Most people thought he’d never play again. He was a prolific jumper—kid could jump like Earl Manigault according to the city game weirdos like Pete Axhelm and the like—but he somehow made it back to JUCO after a year or two recovering and remade himself from an unstoppable 2 into a slick 1. Got some of his hops back as well, although a shadow of what he could do before the second shooting. Anyway, he ended up at Long Beach State playing for Seth Greenberg and he dragged them to an NCAA birth. Apparently had a legendary show down with Chris Herren when he was at Fresno State in which he beat Fresno largely be himself in double OT or something.

NBA was scared off by the shootings and the fact that he had a bullet hole in his knee. He ended up being drafted into the infant D League. He ended up playing very well and just about the time he was to get a 10 day contract, he left his D League team and went to Europe. Unlike most of these stories, this apparently has a happy ending. He goes to Europe and does well for six or seven years before his knee gives out. He makes good money and actually holds on to it. Moves back to Mount Vernon and works with troubled kids while also coaching an AAU team that has become pretty successful and has also become a “point guard guru” that high end high school and college kids pay to work with.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:09 am

jairus to maryland
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:38 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:jairus to maryland

Good for him.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:35 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i can't speak to 30 years ago but i wouldn't use wealthy for ossining now, has a wide spectrum with some low / mid class areas

Yeah, I get up to see my parents and siblings enough to drive through Ossining to know what your saying is correct, but, in contrast to thirty years ago there are some affluent sections outside of Chilmark that did not exist 30 years ago and they have even cleaned up Main Street and put in luxury apartments down along the River. And the demographic change is absolutely striking and obvious if you drive along State Street or the neighborhood off Route 9 by the Italian Bakery—you might as well be in Honduras. Point is, Ossining never produced much in the way of basketball talent—although they produced the occasional D1 football player. There was maybe one kid in my era who made it to Temple, but that was almost entirely the product of him being 6’8” and he never got off the bench the entire time he was there. And that was when it was a decidedly working class place.

And I believe Teddy is talking about Rasul Salahuddin, who is basically the shorter, Toughchester version of Lloyd Daniels. That kid could ball—he was a playground legend when he was in middle school. He played on an AAU team with a cousin of mine (who ended up riding the pine at Iona for a year before transferring to a D2 school) and I watched him absolutely destroy Khalid Reeves, despite being a couple of years younger. Unfortunately, he was also as dumb as a pile of bricks and he ended up getting shot for the first time after leading Mount Vernon to the state title (and I heard he absolutely destroyed Danny Hurley during the famous scrimmage). Anyway, he was going to be a non-qualifier anyway, but getting shot cemented his place as a JUCO—there was talk of him straight up trying to declare for the NBA draft before the shooting. So he goes the JUCO route for a year and is a JUCO All American and was apparently headed to Kentucky or Temple when he ended up getting shot a second time—this time right through the knee cap.

Most people thought he’d never play again. He was a prolific jumper—kid could jump like Earl Manigault according to the city game weirdos like Pete Axhelm and the like—but he somehow made it back to JUCO after a year or two recovering and remade himself from an unstoppable 2 into a slick 1. Got some of his hops back as well, although a shadow of what he could do before the second shooting. Anyway, he ended up at Long Beach State playing for Seth Greenberg and he dragged them to an NCAA birth. Apparently had a legendary show down with Chris Herren when he was at Fresno State in which he beat Fresno largely be himself in double OT or something.

NBA was scared off by the shootings and the fact that he had a bullet hole in his knee. He ended up being drafted into the infant D League. He ended up playing very well and just about the time he was to get a 10 day contract, he left his D League team and went to Europe. Unlike most of these stories, this apparently has a happy ending. He goes to Europe and does well for six or seven years before his knee gives out. He makes good money and actually holds on to it. Moves back to Mount Vernon and works with troubled kids while also coaching an AAU team that has become pretty successful and has also become a “point guard guru” that high end high school and college kids pay to work with.

I didn't follow him after high school but knew he ended up at long beach state. They absolutely terrorized the state public bracket after making out of section one.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:jairus to maryland

Good for him.

Bad for us. Like, category 4 bad for us
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 pm

I kept reading, waiting for him to be shot a third time. Disappointed.

Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:I kept reading, waiting for him to be shot a third time. Disappointed.

Well, I did say he was the Toughchester version of Lloyd Daniels. In Toughchester, getting shot twice is a lot. I am sure if he had lived in Brooklyn like Swee’ Pea Daniels, he might have been shot three times before he was done. Another problem was that he was not a crackhead. Lest anyone forget that Swee’ Pea loved the rock—so much that he would rob corner yohs to get it, which resulted in him getting shot on multiple occasions. Salahuddin apparently got shot for being a young arrogant prick—again, much harder degree of difficulty to pull that off then to get shot multiple times when you repeatedly rob drug dealers to get more crack. I mean, Swee’ Pea wasn’t Omar—a professional doing it for the money with a clear mind, above average intelligence and highly developed street smarts. Swee’ Pea was a 6’7” fiend who apparently was so cracked out that he once robbed a dealer and then came back to try and rob him again an hour later when he had smoked up the take from the previous stick up. That is how you get shot three or more times.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

Mount Vernon.

My other guess was Saunders Trade and Technical :banana

Obviously if the answer is Money Earnin Mt. Vernon it would not be any school in the big YO! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 pm

Where I am from, everything west of New Rochelle and Pelham is Yonkers. Everything West of the Hutch, basically.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 pm

Sort of like in Toughchester we consider everything north of Beacon and South of Rhinebeck and west of the Taconic to be Poughkeepsie.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:28 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Sort of like in Toughchester we consider everything north of Beacon and South of Rhinebeck and west of the Taconic to be Poughkeepsie.

Rhinebeck is poughkeepsie, don't be fooled.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:20 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Sort of like in Toughchester we consider everything north of Beacon and South of Rhinebeck and west of the Taconic to be Poughkeepsie.

Anything above White Plains is upstate. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:53 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Anything above White Plains is upstate. :ace

Hudson Valley Toughchester forever, Southeast Toughchester (Pelham, New Roc, B'Ville, Rye, Larchmont, etc.) never.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Poughkeepsie is strange. The City of Poughkeepsie imports welfare cases from NYC and houses them for cash. Millbrook, Rhinecliff and Rhinebeck import annoying liberals from NYC and houses them for cash.

Our Lady of Lourdes Forever! FDR, PHS and Arlington never!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Pelham is the most interesting town in Toughchester. Sandwiched between New Roc, Mount Vernon, and the Bronx they live with a siege mentality there. It's no way to live.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:01 pm

the nose bleed taxes plus the invasions that have started over the last decade make it a hard pass
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:01 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Pelham is the most interesting town in Toughchester. Sandwiched between New Roc, Mount Vernon, and the Bronx they live with a siege mentality there. It's no way to live.

Yes, and there is that one dead end street where the houses sit directly on the border with the Bronx that is (or at least used to be) inhabited by a bunch of First Department Judges and certain city officials who were able to check off the requirement that they live in the 1st Department or City while still sending their kids to Pelham public schools.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:I kept reading, waiting for him to be shot a third time. Disappointed.

Well, I did say he was the Toughchester version of Lloyd Daniels. In Toughchester, getting shot twice is a lot. I am sure if he had lived in Brooklyn like Swee’ Pea Daniels, he might have been shot three times before he was done. Another problem was that he was not a crackhead. Lest anyone forget that Swee’ Pea loved the rock—so much that he would rob corner yohs to get it, which resulted in him getting shot on multiple occasions. Salahuddin apparently got shot for being a young arrogant prick—again, much harder degree of difficulty to pull that off then to get shot multiple times when you repeatedly rob drug dealers to get more crack. I mean, Swee’ Pea wasn’t Omar—a professional doing it for the money with a clear mind, above average intelligence and highly developed street smarts. Swee’ Pea was a 6’7” fiend who apparently was so cracked out that he once robbed a dealer and then came back to try and rob him again an hour later when he had smoked up the take from the previous stick up. That is how you get shot three or more times.

A Snot Boogie kind of play.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:00 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Pelham is the most interesting town in Toughchester. Sandwiched between New Roc, Mount Vernon, and the Bronx they live with a siege mentality there. It's no way to live.

Yes, and there is that one dead end street where the houses sit directly on the border with the Bronx that is (or at least used to be) inhabited by a bunch of First Department Judges and certain city officials who were able to check off the requirement that they live in the 1st Department or City while still sending their kids to Pelham public schools.

This is true (Elm Tree, Beech Tree, Park, Shore)... whatever abuts Spit Rock.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum