2020 Offseason

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 Offseason

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:14 am

Kelly reminds me some of Bryce Alford. Hes not as quick as Bryce but similar game. He will probably struggle some athletically in the ACC (terrible game vs Miami in November) but he can definitely shoot. I'll take any talent right now but we need a big badly.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 am

BConway {l Wrote}:Kelly reminds me some of Bryce Alford. Hes not as quick as Bryce but similar game. He will probably struggle some athletically in the ACC (terrible game vs Miami in November) but he can definitely shoot. I'll take any talent right now but we need a big badly.

He’s probably an upgrade over CHJ, but this doesn’t move the needle at all.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:42 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:Kelly reminds me some of Bryce Alford. Hes not as quick as Bryce but similar game. He will probably struggle some athletically in the ACC (terrible game vs Miami in November) but he can definitely shoot. I'll take any talent right now but we need a big badly.

He’s probably an upgrade over CHJ, but this doesn’t move the needle at all.

Disagree, but they still need another big or else it is all for naught
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 pm

good grab, kid can shoot on a team that couldn't

also 2 of the 4 guards people are counting on haven't played in 18 months

now grab 2 bigs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:good grab, kid can shoot on a team that couldn't

also 2 of the 4 guards people are counting on haven't played in 18 months

now grab 2 bigs

Other than Cole are we in on anyone?
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:41 pm

If all the wings stay and are healthy I'm wondering how the minutes breakdown. 3 guard/wing spots = 120 minutes per game.

Tabbs 28
Heath 28
Young Langford 28
Old Langford 18
Kelly 18
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Zero chance anyone should be relying on Tabbs for starter minutes. Heath is most certainly starting on what is going to be an unwatchable pile of shit. Losing Hamilton sucks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zero chance anyone should be relying on Tabbs for starter minutes. Heath is most certainly starting on what is going to be an unwatchable pile of shit. Losing Hamilton sucks.

Probably why we picked up Kelly. But did he have microfracture surgery? If not I'm optimistic he can return to health.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:38 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Zero chance anyone should be relying on Tabbs for starter minutes. Heath is most certainly starting on what is going to be an unwatchable pile of shit. Losing Hamilton sucks.

Probably why we picked up Kelly. But did he have microfracture surgery? If not I'm optimistic he can return to health.

I was optimistic last season. How'd that work out?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

Obviously not well but he got surgery and I see no reason to believe he doesnt have a chance to be healthy
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:58 pm

BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

Obviously not well but he got surgery and I see no reason to believe he doesnt have a chance to be healthy

I have a chance to be President in November too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BConway on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

Yeah probably similar chance of you being president and Tabbs being healthy. You act like we are talking about Derrick Rose or someone like that.
BConway
Carney Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

I’m voting for the Cuomo/Ballgame ticket. Make Westchester/ BC basketball great again
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

I’m voting for the Cuomo/Ballgame ticket. Make Westchester/ BC basketball great again

We used to crush Scarsdale and New Rochelle. And Mamaroneck. Cant remember the Yonkers team but they killed us.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 am

I've made this point before, but counting on Tabbs to be a useful player next year is a very poor assumption.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 am

The team will not win and the program will be an afterthought as long as we have coach Mac and we don’t build facilities. I’m starting to get used to no sports so perhaps next year if the season happens I won’t care.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I’m starting to get used to no sports so perhaps next year if the season happens I won’t care.

I don't know the first and last names of anyone on the team except Steffon Mitchell (and that's only because he entered the program 6 years ago when I still cared). Nothing is going to get someone like me back unless (a) the next hire is a monster name or (b) the next hire starts to compete for the top spot in the ACC. We have been salting the earth since Jimmy Mac was hired. It's going to take a miracle to get the program back to where it was under Skinner.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:03 pm

If you are posting on a BC sports message board in March when there is zero college basketball going on, don't pretend you don't care

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

We used to crush Scarsdale and New Rochelle. And Mamaroneck. Cant remember the Yonkers team but they killed us.

Lincoln? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BConway {l Wrote}:

Lincoln? :ace

Mount Vernon.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:35 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If you are posting on a BC sports message board in March when there is zero college basketball going on, don't pretend you don't care

Obviously I care. Read my post again and try to use your basic powers of comprehension.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 am

They're not granting an additional year of eligibility to winter athletes which is fantastic news for this basketball program.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:52 am

we might run the nova offense

jadun michael decommitted from witchita state and BC has reached out. #108 prospect nationally from north carolina 6'5 185

@jeffborzello
Former Wichita State signee JaDun Michael, who decommitted today, has heard from Cincinnati, Penn State, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Alabama, Boston College and Tulsa.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11 pm

why is Wichita St imploding?

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:41 pm

rishwain transferring
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:rishwain transferring

Seems odd. Thought he could actually plat at this level
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:11 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:rishwain transferring

Seems odd. Thought he could actually plat at this level

I’d assume the kids all know that Mac is a dead man walking who only had his job saved by a once in a century pandemic.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:52 pm

Or maybe he's transferring because he was losing playing time to Williams and there are 2 Langfords and Tabbs coming to compete for playing with as well

This will come as a shock to some of you but the people around the program don't all hate Jimmy Mac

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:31 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Or maybe he's transferring because he was losing playing time to Williams and there are 2 Langfords and Tabbs coming to compete for playing with as well

This will come as a shock to some of you but the people around the program don't all hate Jimmy Mac

He was in the rotation next year. Otherwise we’re counting on a couple of kids who haven’t played in almost 2 years and a kid from Quinnipac.

This team is going to be abysmal next year. Really missed a chance to fire him after that Pitt game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BConway on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:32 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Or maybe he's transferring because he was losing playing time to Williams and there are 2 Langfords and Tabbs coming to compete for playing with as well

I agree that most likely its because hes basically the 6th ot 7th wing/guard and only 1 guy is a senior from that group. The guy can shoot and looks like eventually he could be a contributor in a mid tier conference but I'm not gonna cry about it. I didn't project him to play much this year without being ravaged by injuries anyway.
BConway
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum