Game 30 - Cuse

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:41 am

For those of you that haven't quit on the season this game is going to go very poorly.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eagle33 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:44 pm

jc should think about giving a student manager some playing time tonight.

https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1234831995106185224
eagle33
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: 5

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:21 pm

The only thing keeping BC in this game is Cuse also being quite poor
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:57 pm

ACC officiating is something else.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:51 pm

what a wasted past 365 days
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18417
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Should’ve been fired after the Pitt game.

Anyone who says this team will be good with the incoming players hasn’t watched the last 6 years
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:16 pm

How do you hit 19 3-pointers and lose by double-digits?
User avatar
Onyx Blackman
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2908
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am
Karma: 2908

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 pm

I will ignore the terrible performance and instead shit on the athletic department and school instead. Attending tonight's game was probably one of the more embarrassing BC events I've ever been to. Cuse always brings a lot of fans, but because BC always insists on having spring break during the first week of March, there were no students or pep band. It was about 3:1 Cuse fans, if not 4:1 or greater. Why in the actual fuck does the athletic department still insist on charging $1000 per maroon seat when barely anybody cares? For the love of god, get rid of donor based seating. How many fucking times do we need to say it? And push spring break back one week. It may seem minor and somewhat pointless, but it is a simple thing to do and would have made tonight less embarrassing. Every year, the last home game is either a morgue or in tonight's case, Carrier Dome East.

I know Leahy doesn't care about sports ball, but for fuck's sake, BC was a fucking embarrassment on national TV and they need to pay attention and make changes. That includes the coach, just don't fire him only to hire JTIII.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 148

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:35 am

MilitantEagle wrote:I will ignore the terrible performance and instead shit on the athletic department and school instead. Attending tonight's game was probably one of the more embarrassing BC events I've ever been to. Cuse always brings a lot of fans, but because BC always insists on having spring break during the first week of March, there were no students or pep band. It was about 3:1 Cuse fans, if not 4:1 or greater. Why in the actual fuck does the athletic department still insist on charging $1000 per maroon seat when barely anybody cares? For the love of god, get rid of donor based seating. How many fucking times do we need to say it? And push spring break back one week. It may seem minor and somewhat pointless, but it is a simple thing to do and would have made tonight less embarrassing. Every year, the last home game is either a morgue or in tonight's case, Carrier Dome East.

I know Leahy doesn't care about sports ball, but for fuck's sake, BC was a fucking embarrassment on national TV and they need to pay attention and make changes. That includes the coach, just don't fire him only to hire JTIII.


Spring break is always the first week in March. That is not going to change. For a long time it worked because the Big east and acc tournaments fell on that week and will in some future years. The better idea is just beg the ACC for road games that week.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3560
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 601

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 am

ATLeagle wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:I will ignore the terrible performance and instead shit on the athletic department and school instead. Attending tonight's game was probably one of the more embarrassing BC events I've ever been to. Cuse always brings a lot of fans, but because BC always insists on having spring break during the first week of March, there were no students or pep band. It was about 3:1 Cuse fans, if not 4:1 or greater. Why in the actual fuck does the athletic department still insist on charging $1000 per maroon seat when barely anybody cares? For the love of god, get rid of donor based seating. How many fucking times do we need to say it? And push spring break back one week. It may seem minor and somewhat pointless, but it is a simple thing to do and would have made tonight less embarrassing. Every year, the last home game is either a morgue or in tonight's case, Carrier Dome East.

I know Leahy doesn't care about sports ball, but for fuck's sake, BC was a fucking embarrassment on national TV and they need to pay attention and make changes. That includes the coach, just don't fire him only to hire JTIII.


Spring break is always the first week in March. That is not going to change. For a long time it worked because the Big east and acc tournaments fell on that week and will in some future years. The better idea is just beg the ACC for road games that week.


The DBS thing is the bigger point
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:50 am

Onyx Blackman wrote:How do you hit 19 3-pointers and lose by double-digits?


How? When the other team's players are too athletic preventing you from ever getting a decent shot, when you don't have players athletic enough to go to net, and you are forced to take 42 three-point-desperation-shots at the end of the 30 second clock. That's how.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17271
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -163

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:14 am

innocentbystander wrote:
Onyx Blackman wrote:How do you hit 19 3-pointers and lose by double-digits?


How? When the other team's players are too athletic preventing you from ever getting a decent shot, when you don't have players athletic enough to go to net, and you are forced to take 42 three-point-desperation-shots at the end of the 30 second clock. That's how.


I assume you didn't watch the game?

They lost because they committed 18 turnovers and shot 2-10 from the FT line.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am

ATLeagle wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:I will ignore the terrible performance and instead shit on the athletic department and school instead. Attending tonight's game was probably one of the more embarrassing BC events I've ever been to. Cuse always brings a lot of fans, but because BC always insists on having spring break during the first week of March, there were no students or pep band. It was about 3:1 Cuse fans, if not 4:1 or greater. Why in the actual fuck does the athletic department still insist on charging $1000 per maroon seat when barely anybody cares? For the love of god, get rid of donor based seating. How many fucking times do we need to say it? And push spring break back one week. It may seem minor and somewhat pointless, but it is a simple thing to do and would have made tonight less embarrassing. Every year, the last home game is either a morgue or in tonight's case, Carrier Dome East.

I know Leahy doesn't care about sports ball, but for fuck's sake, BC was a fucking embarrassment on national TV and they need to pay attention and make changes. That includes the coach, just don't fire him only to hire JTIII.


Spring break is always the first week in March. That is not going to change. For a long time it worked because the Big east and acc tournaments fell on that week and will in some future years. The better idea is just beg the ACC for road games that week.


Watching BC win the big east tournament from a beach bar in Jamaica was a day.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 497

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am

Both Hamiltons were out? This team has had an absurd amount of injuries the last 2 seasons.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8315
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 117

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am

eepstein0 wrote:Should’ve been fired after the Pitt game.

Anyone who says this team will be good with the incoming players hasn’t watched the last 6 years


Is there anyone who still thinks he should stay?
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 497

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby sparky on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 am

2001Eagle wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Should’ve been fired after the Pitt game.

Anyone who says this team will be good with the incoming players hasn’t watched the last 6 years


Is there anyone who still thinks he should stay?


I think you can make a weak and uninspired argument that he should stay based on the uptick in number of conference wins, the incoming players, the injuries this year, and the fact that BC probably won't spend what it takes to get a replacement who is much better.

Having said that, I can't imagine a scenario were Jim Christian gets us into the tournament. Not next year, and not in five years. This program is getting to be a drag, and I'm really starting to wonder if going to games is worth it anymore. Why I am in the stands when even the students don't go? Also, I was never a big "we should have never left the Big East" guy, but this ACC Network bullshit sucks. If we're going to be forced to listen to road games on the radio, at least bring back cranky Ted Sarandis.
sparky
n00b
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:13 am
Karma: 22

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:50 am

the program is a disgrace, so i never watch.

but its a joke that i live in boston and cant see any bc game on tv
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 737

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:53 am

eepstein0 wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
Onyx Blackman wrote:How do you hit 19 3-pointers and lose by double-digits?


How? When the other team's players are too athletic preventing you from ever getting a decent shot, when you don't have players athletic enough to go to net, and you are forced to take 42 three-point-desperation-shots at the end of the 30 second clock. That's how.


I assume you didn't watch the game?

They lost because they committed 18 turnovers and shot 2-10 from the FT line.


I did watch the game.

They shoot 10-for-10 at the charity stripe, they still lose. That is just, math. They committed 18 turnovers because Syracuse forced the turnover because Syracuse had much better athletes. Like I said. Nothing of what you wrote disproves what I wrote.

The only reason why they didn't lose by 30+ points is because they hit just over 40% of their three-point-shots. Good for them. Next time maybe they only hit 19% of their three-point-shots? Once again, math.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17271
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -163

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am

There’s always a random dude or two “not playing tonight with X/Y/Z.” They’re like the Celtics. It’s wild. On a team where we have ACC talent but extremely weak depth, that is problematic.

In a healthy alternate universe eerily resembling this one, just healthy, gimme a Tabbs/Heath/Jairus/Mitchell/Pop lineup with Jared Hamilton, Thornton, Felder off the pine. That’s fine.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4095
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 132

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:54 am

BCEagles25 wrote:There’s always a random dude or two “not playing tonight with X/Y/Z.” They’re like the Celtics. It’s wild. On a team where we have ACC talent but extremely weak depth, that is problematic.

In a healthy alternate universe eerily resembling this one, just healthy, gimme a Tabbs/Heath/Jairus/Mitchell/Pop lineup with Jared Hamilton, Thornton, Felder off the pine. That’s fine.


That team with the current coach is still not good. The effort and overall performance is wildly inconsistent from night-to-night which leads me to blame the coaching staff.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:08 am

eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:There’s always a random dude or two “not playing tonight with X/Y/Z.” They’re like the Celtics. It’s wild. On a team where we have ACC talent but extremely weak depth, that is problematic.

In a healthy alternate universe eerily resembling this one, just healthy, gimme a Tabbs/Heath/Jairus/Mitchell/Pop lineup with Jared Hamilton, Thornton, Felder off the pine. That’s fine.


That team with the current coach is still not good. The effort and overall performance is wildly inconsistent from night-to-night which leads me to blame the coaching staff.


That team is at least fifth in this year’s ACC, if not fourth. JC’s teams run hot and cold but I struggle to call him an outright bad tactician, at least defensively. I’ve seen games where his defensive adjustments made the difference. It’s his offensive prowess which is just absolutely poor. That being said, he is a better coach than Steve Donahue by at least a mile. The amount of times I saw Donahue’s offense literally spend 30 seconds passing around the arc with nary a pick being set made me feel actually angry

JC is not the coach we need, no question. His record proves. But I have seen worse in the past 10 years
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4095
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 132

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eagle33 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:10 am

eagle33 wrote:jc should think about giving a student manager some playing time tonight.

https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1234831995106185224


snacks was named swac player of the week.
eagle33
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: 5

Re: Game 30 - Cuse

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:47 am

BCEagles25 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:There’s always a random dude or two “not playing tonight with X/Y/Z.” They’re like the Celtics. It’s wild. On a team where we have ACC talent but extremely weak depth, that is problematic.

In a healthy alternate universe eerily resembling this one, just healthy, gimme a Tabbs/Heath/Jairus/Mitchell/Pop lineup with Jared Hamilton, Thornton, Felder off the pine. That’s fine.


That team with the current coach is still not good. The effort and overall performance is wildly inconsistent from night-to-night which leads me to blame the coaching staff.


That team is at least fifth in this year’s ACC, if not fourth. JC’s teams run hot and cold but I struggle to call him an outright bad tactician, at least defensively. I’ve seen games where his defensive adjustments made the difference. It’s his offensive prowess which is just absolutely poor. That being said, he is a better coach than Steve Donahue by at least a mile. The amount of times I saw Donahue’s offense literally spend 30 seconds passing around the arc with nary a pick being set made me feel actually angry

JC is not the coach we need, no question. His record proves. But I have seen worse in the past 10 years


Donahue had a lot of the same inconsistency problems.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16535
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252


Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Untitled document