Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, San Diego State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, San Diego State

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Who is the most over-rated?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Re: Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, San Diego State

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:34 pm

It doesn't seem like anyone wants to stay that long at the top of the polls this year. But I find it very encouraging that 2 mid-majors have "bubbled up" to the tippy top what with all the powerhouses losing. The Aztecs and the Zags have very solid teams. Live on the West Coast and watch their games late at night and you see two very formidable teams.

I think Baylor is for real but Kansas is way over-rated. It wouldn't shock me if Baylor finished the regular season about 28-2. Of course this year the best of the best keep showing how mortal they are and I probably just cursed Baylor.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:02 pm

Unrelated but hoops newsworthy, Kobe Bryant is dead
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:34 am

San Diego State is now 22-0.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:49 am

23-0.

As is typical of the best San Diego State teams, they are a much older college basketball team. Their best players are all in their early 20s, all juniors and seniors. They are only really good every three years or so when the whole team has played together for two or three years. Its refreshing that a team can be so outstanding in college hoop and not be filled with "One-And-Dones."

I don't want to jinx them but I took a look at their remaining schedule. This team could easily finish the regular season 29-0. If they do that, they don't need to win the Mountain West tournament to get into the NCAAs.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:14 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:23-0.

This team could easily finish the regular season 29-0. If they do that, they don't need to win the Mountain West tournament to get into the NCAAs.

What?

Ticket is already punched.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:01 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

This team could easily finish the regular season 29-0. If they do that, they don't need to win the Mountain West tournament to get into the NCAAs.

What?

They didn't go 29-0 yet. So nothing is punched (yet.)

Up to his point (having watched 3 of their games) they very much remind me of Wichita State circa 2014.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:03 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

What?

It's fairly early but I have think this post is a lock for the Logic Box of the Year award
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

What?

It's fairly early but I have think this post is a lock for the Logic Box of the Year award

25-0 now. They have scored 80 or more points a game, the last 4 games. They are just getting better.

They have a serious shot at running the table, regular season. Win the next 4, their ticket IS punched.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:53 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

What?

25-0 now. They have scored 80 or more points a game, the last 4 games. They are just getting better.

They have a serious shot at running the table, regular season. Win the next 4, their ticket IS punched.

Their ticket was punched a month ago you blowhard

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

What?

I'm going to pick a year at random. How about 2011? Missouri State went 25-8 and was stuck in the NIT. Cleveland State went 26-8. They were also NIT.

Not good enough? How about another year? 2015? Iona won 26 games and Colorado State and Murray State both won 27. All 3, NIT (Not In Tournament.)

San Diego State is not in the power 7. The only schools who have punched any tickets are Baylor, Duke, Louisville, Kansas, possibly Auburn, and maybe Florida State. The only blowhard here is you.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:49 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

What?

I'm going to pick a year at random. How about 2011? Missouri State went 25-8 and was stuck in the NIT. Cleveland State went 26-8. They were also NIT.

Not good enough? How about another year? 2015? Iona won 26 games and Colorado State and Murray State both won 27. All 3, NIT (Not In Tournament.)

San Diego State is not in the power 7. The only schools who have punched any tickets are Baylor, Duke, Louisville, Kansas, possibly Auburn, and maybe Florida State. The only blowhard here is you.

knock it off
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:14 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

What?

knock it off

ok
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 pm

Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, and San Diego State, all still winning. I put the hex on them weeks ago and still, they win. Talking really good teams here.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:49 am

I still have them all on the bubble.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, and San Diego State, all still winning. I put the hex on them weeks ago and still, they win. Talking really good teams here.

weren't you told to knock it off?

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, and San Diego State, all still winning. I put the hex on them weeks ago and still, they win. Talking really good teams here.

CF,

Vegas Eagle was making reference to you. He wanted me to stop arguing with you. He didn't tell you to knock it off because he knows you are not going to listen to anyone. You seem to want to pick a fight with me about (whatever) and I'm not going there. Talking about the 4 best teams in college basketball is interesting, on topic for this forum, and it isn't personal. If Vegas Eagle wants me to "knock THAT off" well, I won't do that. I will continue to talk about these teams and others. You don't have to read my comments. And I'm not going to argue with you anymore.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby CorporalFunishment on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 pm

CF,

Vegas Eagle was making reference to you. He wanted me to stop arguing with you. He didn't tell you to knock it off because he knows you are not going to listen to anyone. You seem to want to pick a fight with me about (whatever) and I'm not going there. Talking about the 4 best teams in college basketball is interesting, on topic for this forum, and it isn't personal. If Vegas Eagle wants me to "knock THAT off" well, I won't do that. I will continue to talk about these teams and others. You don't have to read my comments. And I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

I will wager with you that those 4 teams will not still be standing coming Final Four weekend. If those 4 teams remain, I will never post here again. If any of those 4 teams do not remain on Final Four weekend, then you will never post here again.

If you disagree to the terms of this wager, it means that you truly do not believe these are the 4 best teams and you should "knock THAT off" with regards to discussing these teams.

The ball is in your court. I'd suggest you "knock THAT off" as that will save you the most face.
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
CorporalFunishment
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 pm

You pretty much only got made fun of because you said a team that you now call one of the 4 best hadn't punched its ticket at 25-0.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:25 pm

CorporalFunishment {l Wrote}:

CF,

I will wager with you that those 4 teams will not still be standing coming Final Four weekend. If those 4 teams remain, I will never post here again. If any of those 4 teams do not remain on Final Four weekend, then you will never post here again.

If you disagree to the terms of this wager, it means that you truly do not believe these are the 4 best teams and you should "knock THAT off" with regards to discussing these teams.

The ball is in your court. I'd suggest you "knock THAT off" as that will save you the most face.

I don't want you to stop posting. So why would I take that wager?

Duke lost last night. Its chaos out there. I have no idea what is going to happen in March. That is what makes March so fun. I would like to see San Diego State run the table (at least regular season) if for no other reason than to make the tourney even more interesting.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:27 pm

stop replying to TRE's copycat account of me, you morons

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:stop replying to TRE's copycat account of me, you morons

It might say something that people believe the content to be worthy of you.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby CorporalFunishment on Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:stop replying to TRE's copycat account of me, you morons

It might say something that people believe the content to be worthy of you.

But what does that say about me?
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
CorporalFunishment
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:34 pm

We have some real lonely miserable people on this board. To go out of your way to make a near identical sock puppet of another poster just because you don't like that person, and then try to broker a wager to get another poster you don't like to self-ban, that is catty. That's like a 13 year old girl throwing a hormonal fit right before she has her menarche. I thought this was a forum for grown men? Some of you need to get a life and stop shadowing the on-line lives of others.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:44 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Some of you need to get a life and stop shadowing the on-line lives of others.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Some of you need to get a life and stop shadowing the on-line lives of others.

AC, I have no sock puppets.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:15 am

Zags were losing by 9 at halftime, wound up winning by 17. They did not self-destruct. They kept their composure and got 'er done. That is the mark of a truly excellent team gearing up for full March madness mode.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:58 pm

26-1

oops
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:13 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:26-1

oops

shame they couldn't punch that ticket. I'll be rooting for them in the NIT

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:26 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:26-1

oops

shame they couldn't punch that ticket. I'll be rooting for them in the NIT

This board cursed Baylor, Gonzaga, and San Diego State last night. I knew that it couldn't last.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum