Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, San Diego State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, San Diego State

Postby vegasEagle on Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:21 pm

AP #4 SDSU loses at home to the Rebs. SDSU drops in the rankings all the way down to..... #5 and if IB is right, the NIT.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:26 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:AP #4 SDSU loses at home to the Rebs. SDSU drops in the rankings all the way down to..... #5 and if IB is right, the NIT.

We'll see. Its rare that many (any?) schools that are NOT in the Power-7 (AAC, Big-East, ACC, SEC, Pac-12, Big-XII, & Big T[14]N) send "at-large" teams into March Madness when they fail to win their conference tournament. At 29-0, yeah no problem, in. With a regular season loss, I think (just to be sure) San Diego State needs to win their conference now. But :shrug the MWC, Atlantic-10, and the WCC, they might each send 1 "at-large" team each so they are probably safe.

Likely this is all moot. They are going to win their conference championship.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:56 pm

The enjoyment this thread gives me is indescribable.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:36 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:AP #4 SDSU loses at home to the Rebs. SDSU drops in the rankings all the way down to..... #5 and if IB is right, the NIT.

We'll see. Its rare that many (any?) schools that are NOT in the Power-7 (AAC, Big-East, ACC, SEC, Pac-12, Big-XII, & Big T[14]N) send "at-large" teams into March Madness when they fail to win their conference tournament. At 29-0, yeah no problem, in. With a regular season loss, I think (just to be sure) San Diego State needs to win their conference now. But :shrug the MWC, Atlantic-10, and the WCC, they might each send 1 "at-large" team each so they are probably safe.

Without doing any web searches, I am willing to say that since the field expanded to 64, NO team that was ranked in the top 5 in February and then lost it's conference tourney was ever left out of the big dance.

Please stop.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:45 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

Without doing any web searches, I am willing to say that since the field expanded to 64, NO team that was ranked in the top 5 in February and then lost it's conference tourney was ever left out of the big dance.

Please stop.

You have to realize that Missouri State went 23-8 in 2014 and did not make the tournament, therefore the ticket is NOT punched
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:59 pm

This is not likely to get old soon. Carry on.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:30 am

Baylor was down one of their better players last night, took on a very formidable Texas Tech (arguably the 3rd best team in the conference), and held on to win in OT. That was a very nice win. Baylor is very strong defensively. They appear to be playing in full March Madness mode right now.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:22 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Baylor was down one of their better players last night, took on a very formidable Texas Tech (arguably the 3rd best team in the conference), and held on to win in OT. That was a very nice win. Baylor is very strong defensively. They appear to be playing in full March Madness mode right now.

PUNCH THEIR DAMN TICKET ALREADY!!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:30 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Baylor was down one of their better players last night, took on a very formidable Texas Tech (arguably the 3rd best team in the conference), and held on to win in OT. That was a very nice win. Baylor is very strong defensively. They appear to be playing in full March Madness mode right now.

not yet imo, they're still on my bubble
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

PUNCH IT!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:40 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

PUNCH IT!!!

It would be so much better (far more interesting) if you guys used your considerable intelligence and education to argue the match-ups and the quality of the players on these teams (or lack thereof) instead of using it to be spiteful assholes. I'll be in Las Vegas in 15 days (will be there until the 22nd) and I'll be wagering on games in the first two rounds so I'm looking for true insight and thoughtful analysis. I wager on college hoop carefully and logically. I'm not looking for belligerent dickheads acting like smart asses.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:09 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

PUNCH IT!!!

It would be so much better (far more interesting) if you guys used your considerable intelligence and education to argue the match-ups and the quality of the players on these teams (or lack thereof) instead of using it to be spiteful assholes. I'll be in Las Vegas in 15 days (will be there until the 22nd) and I'll be wagering on games in the first two rounds so I'm looking for true insight and thoughtful analysis. I wager on college hoop carefully and logically. I'm not looking for belligerent dickheads acting like smart asses.

this DEMANDS ms paint treatment.

the mash-up of the hangover. rain man, vegas vacation, showgirls and leaving las vegas in the form of nospace, moneypenny, fupa, a mysterious stranger, and all the other ancillary characters practically writes itself.

i just haven't decided on what role san diego state should play...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

PUNCH IT!!!

this DEMANDS ms paint treatment.

the mash-up of the hangover. rain man, vegas vacation, showgirls and leaving las vegas in the form of nospace, moneypenny, fupa, a mysterious stranger, and all the other ancillary characters practically writes itself.

i just haven't decided on what role san diego state should play...

Jim Christian will (likely) be fired in the next 10 days or so. I know you were waiting for both he and Addazio to be relieved of their duties before you returned to posting. It appears you are slowly returning which is good, right, and just. So sorry to your coworkers on Tobacco Road who are UNC grads. This is not their year. That loss (at home) to Dook last month, ouch.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:43 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:It would be so much better (far more interesting) if you guys used your considerable intelligence and education to argue the match-ups and the quality of the players on these teams (or lack thereof) instead of using it to be spiteful assholes. I'll be in Las Vegas in 15 days (will be there until the 22nd) and I'll be wagering on games in the first two rounds so I'm looking for true insight and thoughtful analysis. I wager on college hoop carefully and logically. I'm not looking for belligerent dickheads acting like smart asses.

maybe you should just stick to roulette or blackjack

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:It would be so much better (far more interesting) if you guys used your considerable intelligence and education to argue the match-ups and the quality of the players on these teams (or lack thereof) instead of using it to be spiteful assholes. I'll be in Las Vegas in 15 days (will be there until the 22nd) and I'll be wagering on games in the first two rounds so I'm looking for true insight and thoughtful analysis. I wager on college hoop carefully and logically. I'm not looking for belligerent dickheads acting like smart asses.

maybe you should just mind your own business
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:25 pm

For someone who CLAIMS to be looking for true insight and thoughtful analysis, you aren't being very grateful

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:33 pm

For someone who CLAIMS to be looking for true insight and thoughtful analysis, you aren't being very grateful

CF, when have you ever offered anyone any true insight or thoughtful analysis? Weren't you the one who was so bored and pent up that you "stalked me" over at Bloomberg?

You are going to have to prove that you have something (anything) valuable to add to this discussion. Right now, I've seen nothing. You are acting like :angrychicken
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:10 pm

CF, when have you ever offered anyone any true insight or thoughtful analysis? Weren't you the one who was so bored and pent up that you "stalked me" over at Bloomberg?

You are going to have to prove that you have something (anything) valuable to add to this discussion. Right now, I've seen nothing. You are acting like :angrychicken

PUNCH HIS TICKET!!!
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i just haven't decided on what role san diego state should play...

They should play "losers of the Tuesday night game in Dayton."
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:38 pm

Remember when I said San Diego State punched their ticket a month ago? I don't claim it took deep expertise to come up with that particular insight. That insight should have been obvious to anyone that was watched a single game of, read anything about, or accidentally overheard parts of a conversation regarding college basketball at any time within the last 30 years. However, despite the fact I that I was making an observation so prosaically indisputable that a toddler wouldn't mistake its contribution as an addition to the discussion, I was nevertheless increasing the quality of the analysis in the thread, because what you had written was just. that. dumb.

I hope you have fun in Vegas. Please consider making small wagers only.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Remember when I said San Diego State punched their ticket a month ago? I don't claim it took deep expertise to come up with that particular insight. That insight should have been obvious to anyone that was watched a single game of, read anything about, or accidentally overheard parts of a conversation regarding college basketball at any time within the last 30 years. However, despite the fact I that I was making an observation so prosaically indisputable that a toddler wouldn't mistake its contribution as an addition to the discussion, I was nevertheless increasing the quality of the analysis in the thread, because what you had written was just. that. dumb.

See now that wasn't so hard now was it? Very much unlike :angrychicken you were being sincere. You used intelligence and logic to describe what you believed to be a no-brainer, that San Diego State was going to the NCAA tournament no matter what and that was decided a month ago. I disagree that they were in a month ago but that doesn't matter. I've watched them play 3 times, I think they are the 3rd best team in the country. I'm sure the Aztecs WILL be in the tourney, they will be a #1 in their bracket (a #2 at worst) and I expect that they will win at least one game, maybe make the Sweet 16. Perhaps they will win more than 2 games, that remains to be seen.

I would further argue that the 3 best teams on the West Coast are all mid-majors. It just worked out that way this year.

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I hope you have fun in Vegas. Please consider making small wagers only.

I will have fun. My buddies from Boston are flying into town. Haven't seen them in a couple years. We rented an Air-B-n-B for the 5 night weekend. We'll be watching a lot of basketball, playing a lot of poker. And I generally only make small wagers.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCNathanLane on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:03 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I will have fun. My buddies from Boston are flying into town. Haven't seen them in a couple years. We rented an Air-B-n-B for the 5 night weekend. We'll be watching a lot of basketball, playing a lot of poker, and "punching each others tickets". And I generally only make small wagers.

Sounds like fun.
BCNathanLane
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:10 pm

BCNathanLane {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I will have fun. My buddies from Boston are flying into town. Haven't seen them in a couple years. We rented an Air-B-n-B for the 5 night weekend. We'll be watching a lot of basketball, playing a lot of poker, and "punching each others tickets". And I generally only make small wagers.

Sounds like fun.

go away sock puppet
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:06 pm

BCNathanLane {l Wrote}:

Sounds like fun.

go away sock puppet

That's a homophobic remark.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
BCNathanLane {l Wrote}:

Sounds like fun.

go away sock puppet

I didn't say go away person with a fake account simulating a homo, I said go away sock puppet.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
BCNathanLane {l Wrote}:

Sounds like fun.

go away sock puppet

I didn't say go away person with a fake account simulating a homo, I said go away sock puppet.

"You should go away because you have another man's hand up your ass" - how is that not homophobic?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:03 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
BCNathanLane {l Wrote}:

Sounds like fun.

go away sock puppet

"You should go away because you have another man's hand up your ass" - how is that not homophobic?

It's also strange coming from a man talking about a trip with other dudes where they will be "punching each others tickets". I don't even know what that means. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:54 pm

Do sock puppets have asses? Wouldn't it be the neck? Doesn't the existence of a body down to the ass level make it a regular puppet? Where is the line drawn?

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:24 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
BCNathanLane {l Wrote}:

Sounds like fun.

go away sock puppet

It's also strange coming from a man talking about a trip with other dudes where they will be "punching each others tickets". I don't even know what that means. :shrug

It means that you read someone who intentionally misquoted me.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Headed to MWC Championship game today.

One loss San Diego St still in a must win situation, IB?

Went to the night session of the quarters on Thursday night and saw our our old friend Joncarlos Reyes for Reno. Forgot he transfered there.

Side note... Alford looks like he cant believe that life landed him at Reno. Winning Big10 championships to coaching a team that starts JonCarlos Reyes.

Next week, I'll hit the Pac12 on Thursday for the quarters. Really hoping Arizona is playing in that session. Those fans (and there will be a lot of them) get really upset when being heckled.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum