WTF Loss This Season Contest

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: WTF Loss This Season Contest

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:29 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:TW, I sincerely apologize for the trouble this bumping will put you through.

No big deal. This team is a major let down. While at the end of the day, I won't lose any sleep, I won't enjoy it like OJ will.

Shit, I wanted TOB gone more than anything, but I never rooted for BC to lose so that he would get fired, or so that I could laugh at optimists from the stockroom.

Except that you can't read and your logic is for shit. I never root for BC to lose. Stating that we would be better off if Al got fired is not "rooting for BC to lose". And laughing at how fucking ridiculous your pre-season predicitions were is not "rooting for BC to lose". I am a bigger fan than you, because I actually want better for BC hoops, while you are happy with medicrity.

Okay, so if your life sucked really bad would you want to kill yourself? Or fix a few things? Because you DID say 20 losses this year would be benificial. That's like saying "Hey, I think a category 5 hurricane slamming into Boston would be beneficial. Stuff would change, right?"

If you are going to argue, at least choose an analogy that isn't completely retarded.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:TW, I sincerely apologize for the trouble this bumping will put you through.

No big deal. This team is a major let down. While at the end of the day, I won't lose any sleep, I won't enjoy it like OJ will.

Shit, I wanted TOB gone more than anything, but I never rooted for BC to lose so that he would get fired, or so that I could laugh at optimists from the stockroom.

Except that you can't read and your logic is for shit. I never root for BC to lose. Stating that we would be better off if Al got fired is not "rooting for BC to lose". And laughing at how fucking ridiculous your pre-season predicitions were is not "rooting for BC to lose". I am a bigger fan than you, because I actually want better for BC hoops, while you are happy with medicrity.

Okay, so if your life sucked really bad would you want to kill yourself? Or fix a few things? Because you DID say 20 losses this year would be benificial. That's like saying "Hey, I think a category 5 hurricane slamming into Boston would be beneficial. Stuff would change, right?"

If you are going to argue, at least choose an analogy that isn't completely retarded.

I am still waiting for an answer to my question.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

the answer to your question is that Al sucks. He has lost this team. When you lose to URI, St. Joes, Harvard, and Maine (you should read those names again - its really unbelievable), there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG. And it starts from the top. Al doesn't care and his team is a reflection of his attitude. We are losing to teams that have 1/2 the talent that BC has...and that's not saying that BC has a TON of talent - these are just REALLY bad teams. When that happens this many times in one season, its on the coaches. Al had an entire game to adjust the offense, to change the tempo, to draw up plays to post up players and he did none of it. He just let things happen and let the team continue to flounder. Al's time is done. He has let this team become a complete joke.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

the answer to your question is that Al sucks. He has lost this team. When you lose to URI, St. Joes, Harvard, and Maine (you should read those names again - its really unbelievable), there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG. And it starts from the top. Al doesn't care and his team is a reflection of his attitude. We are losing to teams that half 1/2 the talent that BC has...and that's not saying that BC has a TON of talent - these are just REALLY bad teams. When that happens this many times in one season, its on the coaches. Al had an entire game to adjust the offense, to change the tempo, to draw up plays to post up players and he did none of it. He just let things happen and let the team continue to flounder. Al's time is done. He has let this team become a complete joke.

My question had to do with shooting percentage. Feel free to discuss basketball for once.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

the answer to your question is that Al sucks. He has lost this team. When you lose to URI, St. Joes, Harvard, and Maine (you should read those names again - its really unbelievable), there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG. And it starts from the top. Al doesn't care and his team is a reflection of his attitude. We are losing to teams that half 1/2 the talent that BC has...and that's not saying that BC has a TON of talent - these are just REALLY bad teams. When that happens this many times in one season, its on the coaches. Al had an entire game to adjust the offense, to change the tempo, to draw up plays to post up players and he did none of it. He just let things happen and let the team continue to flounder. Al's time is done. He has let this team become a complete joke.

My question had to do with shooting percentage. Feel free to discuss basketball for once.

I get it. So when a team scores "less baskets" than the opponent, it by definition is the players' fault because they are the ones shooting. Good argument. So it can never be the coaching because they aren't taking the shots. You are brilliant. You are right. Good coaches always lose games to Harvard, URI, Maine, and St. Joes in the first 15 games of the season. Al is GREAT.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Actually, that analogy fit perfectly. Because a disaster of a season that is 20 losses would surely change things. And a disaster like a hurricane would surely change things too.

Hoping for 20 losses is stupid. That's suicide to a major program in a major conference. Imagine what that'd do to recruiting? How many years it would be before the team was relevant again?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:32 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Actually, that analogy fit perfectly. Because a disaster of a season that is 20 losses would surely change things. And a disaster like a hurricane would surely change things too.

Hoping for 20 losses is stupid. That's suicide to a major program in a major conference. Imagine what that'd do to recruiting? How many years it would be before the team was relevant again?

I don't hope for 20 losses, because I want BC to win too badly and you can look 5 years ahead as a fan...but the best thing for BC 5 years from now would be if Skinner left ASAP, and that ain't happening because there's no demand for him elsewhere and because Gene is fine with his shit seasons in the meantime.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:07 pm

[quote="Eagledom"]but the best thing for BC 5 years from now would be if Skinner left ASAP[quote]

There is absolutely no way you can make that assumption. I want Al to go as well but your logic can't be "anyone is better than Al". That is (1) certainly not true and (2) unlikely because it would create another Gene fuck up.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby sader87 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:08 pm

URI and Harvard are pretty decent teams this year...just sayin.
sader87
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:10 pm

sader87 {l Wrote}:URI and Harvard are pretty decent teams this year...just sayin.

How's NJIT? I wouldnt chalk that one up in the win column yet.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum