Season prediction thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Season prediction thread

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Not as easy to do because of the Island Jam where the opposition is unknown, but worth a shot.

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

Sanders and Jackson have huge break-out years. Southern learns avoids the fouls 15 feet from the rim and contributes 11 ppg with 8 rpg. Trapani abuses single teams on the perimeter. Paris leads the ACC in assists.

:koolaid
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Re: Season prediction thread

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Ok I'll take a wheel at this.

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 L (Purdue most likely in a close game)
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan L (that 1-3-1 zone is going to be pretty tough)
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson L
at (9) Duke W
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech L
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest L
at Florida St. W
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech W
Virginia W
at N.C. State L

I'll predict 23-7 (11-5 in the ACC). We'll sweep Duke and beat UNC at home and notch one or two decent OOC wins and get around a 6 seed. Make a run to the Sweet 16.

Clemson is a matchup disaster for BC, Purdue and Mich. are both good teams and NCST we'll lose just like last year. UNC and Duke will be a little down this year.

The thing I've missed is the WTF loss.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:55 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Not as easy to do because of the Island Jam where the opposition is unknown, but worth a shot.

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

Sanders and Jackson have huge break-out years. Southern learns avoids the fouls 15 feet from the rim and contributes 11 ppg with 8 rpg. Trapani abuses single teams on the perimeter. Paris leads the ACC in assists.

I should have stopped reading when i saw the 16-0 start to the season.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Not as easy to do because of the Island Jam where the opposition is unknown, but worth a shot.

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

HI OJ!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

Hi Eagledumbass
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Sigh, I was trying to drum up some interest in an excellent team. Would you say 14-2 is out of the question? Look at the schedule and show me where I'm wrong. When BC started off 20-0 (or so), did you think that was possible?
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 pm

If a poster predicts a bad season for football, dominoj1969 whines about it. If a poster predicts a good season for basketball, dominoj1969 whines about it.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I think we probably lose in the finals of the paradise jam and lose to Clemson, but I can see us winning the rest of those early games.

The question is how we'll do in conference, and I just see the conference being generally stronger than last year. Still, I really like this team.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:23 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Sigh, I was trying to drum up some interest in an excellent team. Would you say 14-2 is out of the question? Look at the schedule and show me where I'm wrong. When BC started off 20-0 (or so), did you think that was possible?

Just busting your balls. This could be a pretty good team, but I'd say the chances we start 16-0 are about 1%. Other than one year, I can't recall an Al team that hasn't had a WTF loss.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Sigh, I was trying to drum up some interest in an excellent team. Would you say 14-2 is out of the question? Look at the schedule and show me where I'm wrong. When BC started off 20-0 (or so), did you think that was possible?

Just busting your balls. This could be a pretty good team, but I'd say the chances we start 16-0 are about 1%. Other than one year, I can't recall an Al team that hasn't had a WTF loss.

I'd say 25%. The potential pitfalls are Michigan and the Paradise Jam. The rest shouldn't be that bad. Unlike football, a basketball prediction is more about overall record than game by game (at least by my manner of thinking). I'd say the 2004, 2005 and 2006 all did a very good job of avoiding WTF losses. Other than UWM, of course. :puke
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:44 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'd say 25%. The potential pitfalls are Michigan and the Paradise Jam. The rest shouldn't be that bad. Unlike football, a basketball prediction is more about overall record than game by game (at least by my manner of thinking). I'd say the 2004, 2005 and 2006 all did a very good job of avoiding WTF losses. Other than UWM, of course. :puke

Out of the first 13 games alone, I'd say there are 8 games that BC could lose: St. Joes, a game in the tournament, Providence, Michigan, Miami, URI, UMASS, and South Carolina. I would bet that we lose a minimum of 2 of those games.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 L
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson L
at (9) Duke L
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson W
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina L
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

24-6 11-5 ACC 4-5 seed in the Tourney
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Out of the first 13 games alone, I'd say there are 8 games that BC could lose: St. Joes, a game in the tournament, Providence, Michigan, Miami, URI, UMASS, and South Carolina. I would bet that we lose a minimum of 2 of those games.

I think your definition of "could lose" is far too broad. St. Joe's, URI and UMass are middle of the road A-10 teams. I'd put the chance of a loss to them at your aforementioned 1%, particularly since all three are at home. BTW, that was a major part of my reasoning: not counting the Paradise Jam, only 2 games are away prior to Duke. PC and SC don't t worry me. So to me, it's down to Miami and Michigan. I think we'll beat both, but wouldn't be shocked by a loss to either.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I think your definition of "could lose" is far too broad. St. Joe's, URI and UMass are middle of the road A-10 teams. I'd put the chance of a loss to them at your aforementioned 1%, particularly since all three are at home. BTW, that was a major part of my reasoning: not counting the Paradise Jam, only 2 games are away prior to Duke. PC and SC don't t worry me. So to me, it's down to Miami and Michigan. I think we'll beat both, but wouldn't be shocked by a loss to either.

I think you are underestimating South Carolina.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 L
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson L
at (9) Duke L
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest L
at Florida St. W
(6) North Carolina L
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

23-7 (10-6) Good season. We get to the NCAAs and might win the first, second at most. Then we look forward to the next year when it is even better. Only game I am not sure about is South Carolina. I don't know much about them but they weren't great last year so I give us the win.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

...Look at the fucking schedule one more time, ace. There's some pretty solid competition, but nothing that could blow the Eagles away. There's nothing that I look at where I say right off the bat, "that's a loss." You might just be OJ after all.
Last edited by BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:12 pm

I always feel like Belien's offense gave us trouble when he was at WVU. Is there any truth to my fears? I'm too lazy to look up our record against the guy.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

...Look at the fucking schedule one more time, ace. There's some pretty solid competition, but nothing that could blow the Eagles away.

Read my fucking post agian, "ace". I never said anything about blowing BC away. I said I don't think we get through the first 16 games without at least 2 losses.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:15 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I always feel like Belien's offense gave us trouble when he was at WVU. Is there any truth to my fears? I'm too lazy to look up our record against the guy.

I don't know if that would mean much- we had a very talented, but very different team for those games.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I always feel like Belien's offense gave us trouble when he was at WVU. Is there any truth to my fears? I'm too lazy to look up our record against the guy.

I don't know if that would mean much- we had a very talented, but very different team for those games.

Last two years in the Big East we went 2-2 against them
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

...Look at the fucking schedule one more time, ace. There's some pretty solid competition, but nothing that could blow the Eagles away.

Read my fucking post agian, "ace". I never said anything about blowing BC away. I said I don't think we get through the first 16 games without at least 2 losses.

Well then say that instead of being a pessimistic asshole and pissing on someone else's parade.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:06 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

Well then say that instead of being a pessimistic asshole and pissing on someone else's parade.

How about actually reading the posts before spouting off, "ace".
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:11 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland L
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. L
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

(25-5, 11-5 ACC)

How about actually reading the posts before spouting off, "ace".

I see you're still using that "ace" thing. Just a tip: If it isn't funny the first time, it isn't the second time either. I did read the posts; and you were being an asshole.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:...i thought it was funny...

me too
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan L
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson L
at (9) Duke W
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. W
(6) North Carolina L
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech W
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

4 losses. I'm optimistic.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:56 pm

jrlbc06 {l Wrote}:Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan L
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson L
at (9) Duke W
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech W
(24) Clemson L
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest W
at Florida St. W
(6) North Carolina L
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech W
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

4 losses. I'm optimistic.

I am optimistic about this season, but this 4 or 5 loss thing is more than just optimistic...its crazy. This team will be better than last year's team, but there are still weaknesses. I think 21-9 is more like it.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah, I do think we will probably lose a couple to the Maryland/Miami/Wake Forest/VTech group but I'm going to stick with excessive optimism for now.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby RyanBC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech L
(24) Clemson W
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest L
at Florida St. W
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

that's 26-4 bitches -- all around development from 8-9 veteran players ... stock some length next year and make an NC run !!!
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:54 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech L
(24) Clemson W
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest L
at Florida St. W
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

that's 26-4 bitches -- all around development from 8-9 veteran players ... stock some length next year and make an NC run !!!

let's start with a "run" out of the 1st round. I feel like I'm reading a preseason ND football board thread.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:Dartmouth W
St. Francis (NY) W
St. Joseph's W
Island Jam game #2 W
Island Jam game #3 W
at Providence W
at (15) Michigan W
Miami (FL) W
Harvard W
Rhode Island W
Bryant W
Massachusetts W
South Carolina W
Maine W
N.J.I.T. W
at (24) Clemson W
at (9) Duke L
Maryland W
at Miami (FL) W
at Virginia Tech L
(24) Clemson W
Florida St. W
(9) Duke W
at Wake Forest L
at Florida St. W
(6) North Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
at (22) Georgia Tech L
Virginia W
at N.C. State W

let's start with a "run" out of the 1st round. I feel like I'm reading a preseason ND football board thread.

This was intentionally a regular season prediction thread. The brackets have so much to do with matchups there is no point in predicting until that time. But I love your optimism. :)

And for what it's worth, there is some recent historical precedent to BC having a great run through the ACC when the conference is generally "down." Considering that GT is getting this hype based upon returning starters from a basement team plus some extremely highly regarded talent, I'm not sold that they will actually make noise barring a real coaching progression by Hewitt. OC could weigh in on how perception is reality considering that they were (12-19, 2-14 ACC) last year and are RANKED in the pre-season poll based purely on their recruiting class. :shock:
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum