Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game 1 - Wake @ BC

Postby Los on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:00 am

Thought it was a pretty entertaining brand of basketball. BC still likes to chuck it, but they actually play with energy on defense now, which is refreshing.

The one thing that still bothers me is the perimeter defense. At the end of that game you knew Wake was going to take quick 3's to get back into it and BC was just happy to sit back and give them uncontested.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:04 am

Los {l Wrote}:Thought it was a pretty entertaining brand of basketball. BC still likes to chuck it, but they actually play with energy on defense now, which is refreshing.

The one thing that still bothers me is the perimeter defense. At the end of that game you knew Wake was going to take quick 3's to get back into it and BC was just happy to sit back and give them uncontested.

Holding out to see if the letting three pointers go sticks around against other teams. I think most teams playing awake will let them shoot. I think they were last in the ACC in three point percentage last year.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:Thought it was a pretty entertaining brand of basketball. BC still likes to chuck it, but they actually play with energy on defense now, which is refreshing.

Holding out to see if the letting three pointers go sticks around against other teams. I think most teams playing awake will let them shoot. I think they were last in the ACC in three point percentage last year.

Agreed. Let them shoot.

One time in three, Wake will hit it. Two times in three, BC gets an easy rebound, immediately hand off to the best shooting guard and get fouled. BC just needs to get better at the charity stripe. 63% is just not going to do it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 pm

It wont hurt the program to have Marcus Camby as a superfan.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. Let them shoot.

One time in three, Wake will hit it. Two times in three, BC gets an easy rebound, immediately hand off to the best shooting guard and get fouled. BC just needs to get better at the charity stripe. 63% is just not going to do it.

One time in three from three is one time in two from two, Costco.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It wont hurt the program to have Marcus Camby as a superfan.

Explain it to 2001eagle: how did this come about?

Camby was the best high school basketball player I ever saw.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It wont hurt the program to have Marcus Camby as a superfan.

Explain it to 2001eagle: how did this come about?

Camby was the best high school basketball player I ever saw.

According to a comment under one of AJ Black's tweets, Kamari is his nephew. I have no idea if that's true.

https://twitter.com/AJBlack_SI/status/1 ... 9104458756
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:09 pm

As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not hamed Vin Baker.

This was also the same period of time that the NBA alumni team got 8+ minutes of run and squandered half the lead.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.

I was at the game watching in person, not on my couch.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:17 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As the people that actually watched the game can confirm, it is true. He is related to Walt. This occurred during the 10 minutes Camby was on the broadcast in a BC shirt and sweatshit while Malcolm Huckaby waxed prolific about Walt schooling him in the NBA, and Camby and Huckaby bonded as the only two good CT hoop players not named Vin Baker.

That's too bad. You missed a good game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

You missed Darryl Strawberry
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:21 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

You missed the joke, but kudos, I hear he has good blow.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

You just reused a 30-year-old joke.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Still missed it. The Conte Ghost is not 30 years old. No idea what the fuck your joke is.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Still missed it. The Conte Ghost is not 30 years old. No idea what the fuck your joke is.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your reference to Strawberry and blow is dated.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:03 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your reference to Strawberry and blow is dated.

Your missing the Conte Ghost joke is timely, however.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:05 pm

PS just shut the fuck up. You'll be less stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:PS just shut the fuck up. You'll be less stupid.

This is boring
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:53 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

This is boring

ME, Teddy always picks fights with everyone. He does it for his own amusement. Just put the troll on foe.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

This is boring

Agreed. Do better
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:58 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?

Because our AD listened to the wrong people and went with a MAC guy he liked.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby sparky on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:01 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Btw: why the fuck didn’t we hire mike Hopkins when we had the chance?

I thought Hopkins said thanks but no thanks because he thought he was Boeheim's heir apparent at the time
sparky
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:26 pm

sparky {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I thought Hopkins said thanks but no thanks because he thought he was Boeheim's heir apparent at the time

No... wanted the BC job badly. When it was clear he wasn't getting it, Cuse gave him the coach-in-waiting title. He then took the UDub job when offered.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
sparky {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

No... wanted the BC job badly. When it was clear he wasn't getting it, Cuse gave him the coach-in-waiting title. He then took the UDub job when offered.

Killer mistake. We would have been in tournament multiple times with Hopkins by now I suspect.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Hopkins turned down BC because he thought he was about to be Cuse's head coach. Cuse gave him the official coach in waiting title a year LATER when Boeheim recruited his own kid. There had been a belief Boeheim was about to step down and Hopkins would succeed, but Boeheim said he wanted to coach his son and that added 5 years to the clock. The coach in waiting tag was to try to convince Hopkins to stay. It failed as Hopkins was unwilling to wait Boeheim out, and Washington snatched him up. Would Hopkins have gone to BC if our opening was the year he moved? No one knows
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum