Dallas Elmore

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Dallas Elmore

Postby IWentToBC09 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:51 am

I liked what I saw today. He had some surprisingly athletic plays out there. I saw two blocks that were from pretty far out, albeit, it helps when the shooter is 5'7"
IWentToBC09
n00b

Re: Dallas Elmore

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:05 am

Totally agree that Dallas looks like he can make serious contributions. In the few minutes he played last year between injuries he showed that he's a solid defender. Add in athleticism, a knowledge of the offense, and a very smooth shot and I think he's going to surprise a lot of people, most of whom don't even know he exists.
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 am

Al is only going to play 8 guys. Unless he unseats Tyler Roche, wouldn't count on Elmore seeing the floor a whole lot this season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby glass slapper on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:26 am

Al played nine last year. He'll play ten if he thinks it will help the team win.
glass slapper
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:45 am

This quote indicates otherwise from Al:

"I purposely challenged them with this schedule," Skinner said. "I'm not looking for a paper lion. We only got 10 guys. We've got eight guys who can legitimately play and two others that might have to figure it out. So let's go. You don't need more than eight anyway."

Mr. Elmore would fit into the "might have to figure it out" category if you believe Al and Andy Katz.

glass slapper {l Wrote}:Al played nine last year. He'll play ten if he thinks it will help the team win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This quote indicates otherwise from Al:

"I purposely challenged them with this schedule," Skinner said. "I'm not looking for a paper lion. We only got 10 guys. We've got eight guys who can legitimately play and two others that might have to figure it out. So let's go. You don't need more than eight anyway."

Mr. Elmore would fit into the "might have to figure it out" category if you believe Al and Andy Katz.

glass slapper {l Wrote}:Al played nine last year. He'll play ten if he thinks it will help the team win.

Except that minutes, quotes and points point to Elmore being one of the 8, not one of the 2. Don't be surprised in Elmore plays.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dirtywater75 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Due to the strength of this years Freshman class, we need everyone to be ready to play.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:Due to the strength of this years Freshman class, we need everyone to be ready to play.

If we had a strong Freshman class when and where would they play?

Looking ahead at next year, I don't see how Heslip et. al get on the court. Hopefully Al WILL play more than 8 this year so that we get used to playing with a 10 man rotation and some of the guys coming in can hang onto the possibility of playing time in 2010.

Alternatively, Al plays 8 guys this year and Ravenal and Elmore see the writing on the wall and transfer a la Marquez Haynes.....thus making room for the freshmen.

I don't know Evan but Dallas seems like a quality guy. It would be a shame if he doesn't get a good crack at being a true Boston College student athlete.....

It's going to be interesting to see how Al juggles it all.......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Again, unless you think Tyler Roche is going to be riding the pine this season (I'm not advocating Roche playing or not playing, just stating a fact), then Elmore won't see too much of the court. Raji and Sanders will be the majority of minutes at SG and SF this season and Roche will be coming off the bench to give those guys a rest. Elmore has much more potential than Roche agreed but it all depends on how Al sees it.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Except that minutes, quotes and points point to Elmore being one of the 8, not one of the 2. Don't be surprised in Elmore plays.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:40 pm

I don't understand this concern about getting everyone playing time. Players should be on the court if they can improve the team. If they can't they shouldn't bring the team down. Since we have a "win now" team for the next two years, you can bet that you'll see them on the floor as much as possible. I know this because that is the only way Al has ever coached at BC.

BC has the unusual situation where the majority of the good players are from the same class (juniors). Since I believe that BC's goal is to try to get to a final 4 at some point every decade, I don't mind if we see this same team for 2 straight years and then have to rebuild in 2011-2012. Missing the post-season happens to good programs, so I'm willing to give all of the playing time to those who deserve it and worry about developing the other players in practice. The use of Jackson last year (despite the crowded situation at guard), shows that Al is willing to play anyone who he thinks can improve the team.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm thinking more in the case of injuries. We definitely need some luck this year. I bet Elmore gets his chances and I bet he does well. I am more perplexed about what happened to Ravenel as he saw some playing time early last year and looked decent. Obviously something kept showing up in practice. They should do a lot better than projected but the competition hasn't been standing around either.

Speaking of luck - Trapani was a great piece of luck. I wonder if there are any other good players at some of the smaller NE programs who would do well to transfer to a BC?
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:I'm thinking more in the case of injuries. We definitely need some luck this year. I bet Elmore gets his chances and I bet he does well. I am more perplexed about what happened to Ravenel as he saw some playing time early last year and looked decent. Obviously something kept showing up in practice. They should do a lot better than projected but the competition hasn't been standing around either.

Speaking of luck - Trapani was a great piece of luck. I wonder if there are any other good players at some of the smaller NE programs who would do well to transfer to a BC?

Ravenel was a grades thing, apparently. If he's gotten that straightened away, he should see minutes at the four.

If Tyler Roche plays one minute of PF in the ACC part of the schedule, I'm going to lose it.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Again, unless you think Tyler Roche is going to be riding the pine this season (I'm not advocating Roche playing or not playing, just stating a fact), then Elmore won't see too much of the court. Raji and Sanders will be the majority of minutes at SG and SF this season and Roche will be coming off the bench to give those guys a rest. Elmore has much more potential than Roche agreed but it all depends on how Al sees it.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think Dunn and Roche will see their sitting minutes increase. I think they are the 2 that Al thinks can't play.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:59 pm

I hope you're right Teddy! Although Roche's stroke looked good yesterday.....I bet Al gives him a chance each game. If he hits the first one, keep him in and see if he can get hot and stroke 3-4 threes. Once he misses two, take him out and try again next game......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Do you remember Roche trying to box out Booker from Clemson? You better tie down any lose objects around your place when ACC season comes around I'm sure he'll make an appearance.

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:I'm thinking more in the case of injuries. We definitely need some luck this year. I bet Elmore gets his chances and I bet he does well. I am more perplexed about what happened to Ravenel as he saw some playing time early last year and looked decent. Obviously something kept showing up in practice. They should do a lot better than projected but the competition hasn't been standing around either.

Ravenel was a grades thing, apparently. If he's gotten that straightened away, he should see minutes at the four.

If Tyler Roche plays one minute of PF in the ACC part of the schedule, I'm going to lose it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm

GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:Alternatively, Al plays 8 guys this year and Ravenal and Elmore see the writing on the wall and transfer a la Marquez Haynes.....thus making room for the freshmen.

Ravenel and Elmore would see time their senior year. There's PT to be had in the future, so why transfer? Then again, we could ask Marquez that same question.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Again, unless you think Tyler Roche is going to be riding the pine this season (I'm not advocating Roche playing or not playing, just stating a fact), then Elmore won't see too much of the court. Raji and Sanders will be the majority of minutes at SG and SF this season and Roche will be coming off the bench to give those guys a rest. Elmore has much more potential than Roche agreed but it all depends on how Al sees it.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think Dunn and Roche will see their sitting minutes increase. I think they are the 2 that Al thinks can't play.

wrong.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

wrong.

WRONG!
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

wrong.

WRONG!

WRONG!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Roche has to sit more, right??
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Whoever said Dunn was one of the two may be right in view of his minutes in the exhibition.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:Whoever said Dunn was one of the two may be right in view of his minutes in the exhibition.

That would be me. Elmore is in the mix of 8.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bcsouth on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Roche will play. Not advocating it, but he will be in the mix.
bcsouth
n00b

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 pm

bcsouth {l Wrote}:Roche will play. Not advocating it, but he will be in the mix.

Isn't he one of the captains? I can't imagine him not seeing a fair amount of minutes.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum