Tabbs

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Tabbs

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Rumor is he is out for the season...

No clue if this is a new injury or related to his old one.

Heath's role just got that much bigger
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Tabbs

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:40 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Rumor is he is out for the season...

If true, stick a fork in the season. Was expecting him to average 15-17 ppg
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Season will be a disaster without Tabbs
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:31 am

Wow tough break for the kid. Jimmy Mac is probably sweating
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby ricosuave on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 am

Team is cursed
ricosuave
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:12 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Wow tough break for the kid. Jimmy Mac is probably sweating

Should've fired him after that Pitt loss. At least we could restart the rebuild instead of wasting another year with this idiocy.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am

Ughhhhhhhhhhh.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Rumor is he is out for the season...

Did you ever find out if it's a new injury or not?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Recurrence of injury - tried coming back too soon
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:29 am

Bernard Lonergan {l Wrote}:Recurrence of injury - tried coming back too soon

Father - is he definitely out for the year?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:27 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

That's the current belief
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm

the fact that this has been reported nowhere shows how small time the BC program is. Not a single local reporter cares.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:33 pm

Bernard Lonergan {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

That's the current belief

UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Poor Tabbs. Freaking knees.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:36 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:49 pm

:81
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:57 pm

I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

This ended up being a wasted year (for everyone). :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:23 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

He's not welcome back from a number of perspectives. He was bad this year pretty much beginning to end.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

He's not welcome back from a number of perspectives. He was bad this year pretty much beginning to end.

Before Pop is ushered out the door because of someone's perception that he was not being a team player, the coach should be physically dragged from the building for sucking the life out of the program the last 6 years.

Any criticism of a 22 year old who improved yoy should be aimed entirely at the coach who failed to provide a winning environment (despite NBA players on the roster) and wasted all of his players' talent and eligibility.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:51 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We’re not talking about KC Caudill here, Nik Popovic is a legit player who was diminished by a back injury. If we could get a fifth year out of him, obviously we’d take it. Who are we starting at the 5 next year? Luka Kraljevic? Jesus
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:51 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We’re not talking about KC Caudill here, Nik Popovic is a legit player who was diminished by a back injury. If we could get a fifth year out of him, obviously we’d take it. Who are we starting at the 5 next year? Luka Kraljevic? Jesus

You really think they're taking a guy back who didn't travel to the ACC Tournament?

Even if the NCAA granted these players another year of eligibility I don't want any of them back.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:07 am

entered transfer portal

not surprising given the suspension
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:19 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:entered transfer portal

I really wanted to give Kraft props for firing Jimmy Mac as a cold move to make a big-splash hire. I don't think that is the case anymore.

I think JC's firing (in spite of the outrage from media) had nothing to do with his win total. I think JC lost control of the program. I don't think the players were even trying off the court. JC didn't want to play any more games until the roster was fully back... yet, he couldn't get the kids to comply with quarantine (or virtual classes). Meanwhile, each cancelled game is one less chance for transfers and those in their final year to show what they can do against ACC talent. It is unfortunate that Tabbs gets publicly saddled with the suspension. I believe the issue bled beyond one player... and I have come to believe that JC being relieved of his duties was more than justified (from a... he shouldn't be allowed to be a head coach again perspective).

Just remember... these same media members like Jeff Goodman and Mike DeCourcey who bemoan the outrageous firing of Jim Christian were part of the group who applauded the termination of "lazy" Al Skinner (permanently killing any chance for another big job). DeCourcey still works for The Sporting News which is an outlet I was unaware still existed (it seems to have disappeared 20 years ago). Goodman doesn't really seem to be employed by anyone anymore. He seems to just toss up podcasts from his basement. He does, however, relish making fun of the fact that Boston College has no fans (while supporting Jim Christian as a great coach)... of course, never acknowledging that the reason BC has only "20 fans" is because of 7 years of Jimmy Mac.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I really wanted to give Kraft props for firing Jimmy Mac as a cold move to make a big-splash hire. I don't think that is the case anymore.

I think JC's firing (in spite of the outrage from media) had nothing to do with his win total. I think JC lost control of the program. I don't think the players were even trying off the court. JC didn't want to play any more games until the roster was fully back... yet, he couldn't get the kids to comply with quarantine (or virtual classes). Meanwhile, each cancelled game is one less chance for transfers and those in their final year to show what they can do against ACC talent. It is unfortunate that Tabbs gets publicly saddled with the suspension. I believe the issue bled beyond one player... and I have come to believe that JC being relieved of his duties was more than justified (from a... he shouldn't be allowed to be a head coach again perspective).

Just remember... these same media members like Jeff Goodman and Mike DeCourcey who bemoan the outrageous firing of Jim Christian were part of the group who applauded the termination of "lazy" Al Skinner (permanently killing any chance for another big job). DeCourcey still works for The Sporting News which is an outlet I was unaware still existed (it seems to have disappeared 20 years ago). Goodman doesn't really seem to be employed by anyone anymore. He seems to just toss up podcasts from his basement. He does, however, relish making fun of the fact that Boston College has no fans (while supporting Jim Christian as a great coach)... of course, never acknowledging that the reason BC has only "20 fans" is because of 7 years of Jimmy Mac.

Goodman is a moron who got duped by Father Ball of all people.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:55 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Goodman is a moron who got duped by Father Ball of all people.

Making fun of the school for having 20 fans while trying to report on their coaching search is certainly one strategy
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:19 pm

does this mean bc is less of a ranger because they don't have tabbs
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:does this mean bc is less of a ranger because they don't have tabbs

Once I got past having just read the Rangers Weirdos thread, I realized this was a good post and you should be proud.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:does this mean bc is less of a ranger because they don't have tabbs

Once I got past having just read the Rangers Weirdos thread, I realized this was a good post and you should be proud.

it's a commitment, i agree. that thread has made it to my "skim only" status
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:49 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

it's a commitment, i agree. that thread has made it to my "skim only" status

No I meant I was having trouble figuring out what Tabbs leaving had to do with firing Quinn before I got the joke and realized it was very funny. Been a long day.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:09 pm

fair. i'd guess quinn also does not have tabbs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Who cares that he is transferring? Sure he was our most talented player, but our basketball program needs a full reset. Period. Transfers are expected, if not encouraged.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum