Tabbs

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Tabbs

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Rumor is he is out for the season...

No clue if this is a new injury or related to his old one.

Heath's role just got that much bigger
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3230

Re: Tabbs

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:40 pm

claver2010 wrote:Rumor is he is out for the season...

No clue if this is a new injury or related to his old one.

Heath's role just got that much bigger


If true, stick a fork in the season. Was expecting him to average 15-17 ppg
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 306

Re: Tabbs

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Season will be a disaster without Tabbs
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16901
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Tabbs

Postby BC923 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:31 am

Wow tough break for the kid. Jimmy Mac is probably sweating
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 457

Re: Tabbs

Postby ricosuave on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 am

Team is cursed
ricosuave
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Karma: 10

Re: Tabbs

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:12 am

BC923 wrote:Wow tough break for the kid. Jimmy Mac is probably sweating


Should've fired him after that Pitt loss. At least we could restart the rebuild instead of wasting another year with this idiocy.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16901
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Tabbs

Postby BCdee on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am

Ughhhhhhhhhhh.
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 986

Re: Tabbs

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

claver2010 wrote:Rumor is he is out for the season...

No clue if this is a new injury or related to his old one.

Heath's role just got that much bigger

Did you ever find out if it's a new injury or not?
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15003
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2920

Re: Tabbs

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Recurrence of injury - tried coming back too soon
Bernard Lonergan
n00b
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 pm
Karma: 15

Re: Tabbs

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:29 am

Bernard Lonergan wrote:Recurrence of injury - tried coming back too soon



Father - is he definitely out for the year?
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 306

Re: Tabbs

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:27 am

2001Eagle wrote:
Bernard Lonergan wrote:Recurrence of injury - tried coming back too soon



Father - is he definitely out for the year?


That's the current belief
Bernard Lonergan
n00b
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 pm
Karma: 15

Re: Tabbs

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm

the fact that this has been reported nowhere shows how small time the BC program is. Not a single local reporter cares.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 306

Re: Tabbs

Postby BCdee on Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:33 pm

Bernard Lonergan wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:
Bernard Lonergan wrote:Recurrence of injury - tried coming back too soon



Father - is he definitely out for the year?


That's the current belief


UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Poor Tabbs. Freaking knees.
BC!
User avatar
BCdee
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Location: SC
Karma: 986

Re: Tabbs

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:36 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3230

Re: Tabbs

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:49 pm

:81
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15003
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2920

Re: Tabbs

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:57 pm

I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

This ended up being a wasted year (for everyone). :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 1052

Re: Tabbs

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:23 am

Logitano wrote:I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

This ended up being a wasted year (for everyone). :ace


He's not welcome back from a number of perspectives. He was bad this year pretty much beginning to end.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16901
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Tabbs

Postby Bumpers on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:27 am

eepstein0 wrote:
Logitano wrote:I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

This ended up being a wasted year (for everyone). :ace


He's not welcome back from a number of perspectives. He was bad this year pretty much beginning to end.


Before Pop is ushered out the door because of someone's perception that he was not being a team player, the coach should be physically dragged from the building for sucking the life out of the program the last 6 years.

Any criticism of a 22 year old who improved yoy should be aimed entirely at the coach who failed to provide a winning environment (despite NBA players on the roster) and wasted all of his players' talent and eligibility.
User avatar
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:25 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison
Karma: 95

Re: Tabbs

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:51 am

eepstein0 wrote:
Logitano wrote:I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

This ended up being a wasted year (for everyone). :ace


He's not welcome back from a number of perspectives. He was bad this year pretty much beginning to end.


We’re not talking about KC Caudill here, Nik Popovic is a legit player who was diminished by a back injury. If we could get a fifth year out of him, obviously we’d take it. Who are we starting at the 5 next year? Luka Kraljevic? Jesus
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 110

Re: Tabbs

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:51 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Logitano wrote:I am going to assume he played too many games to start the season to do it but Popovic should have used his RS when he got hurt (if possible).

This ended up being a wasted year (for everyone). :ace


He's not welcome back from a number of perspectives. He was bad this year pretty much beginning to end.


We’re not talking about KC Caudill here, Nik Popovic is a legit player who was diminished by a back injury. If we could get a fifth year out of him, obviously we’d take it. Who are we starting at the 5 next year? Luka Kraljevic? Jesus


You really think they're taking a guy back who didn't travel to the ACC Tournament?

Even if the NCAA granted these players another year of eligibility I don't want any of them back.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16901
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Tabbs

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:07 am

entered transfer portal

not surprising given the suspension
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3230

Re: Tabbs

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:19 am

claver2010 wrote:entered transfer portal

not surprising given the suspension

I really wanted to give Kraft props for firing Jimmy Mac as a cold move to make a big-splash hire. I don't think that is the case anymore.

I think JC's firing (in spite of the outrage from media) had nothing to do with his win total. I think JC lost control of the program. I don't think the players were even trying off the court. JC didn't want to play any more games until the roster was fully back... yet, he couldn't get the kids to comply with quarantine (or virtual classes). Meanwhile, each cancelled game is one less chance for transfers and those in their final year to show what they can do against ACC talent. It is unfortunate that Tabbs gets publicly saddled with the suspension. I believe the issue bled beyond one player... and I have come to believe that JC being relieved of his duties was more than justified (from a... he shouldn't be allowed to be a head coach again perspective).

Just remember... these same media members like Jeff Goodman and Mike DeCourcey who bemoan the outrageous firing of Jim Christian were part of the group who applauded the termination of "lazy" Al Skinner (permanently killing any chance for another big job). DeCourcey still works for The Sporting News which is an outlet I was unaware still existed (it seems to have disappeared 20 years ago). Goodman doesn't really seem to be employed by anyone anymore. He seems to just toss up podcasts from his basement. He does, however, relish making fun of the fact that Boston College has no fans (while supporting Jim Christian as a great coach)... of course, never acknowledging that the reason BC has only "20 fans" is because of 7 years of Jimmy Mac.
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15527
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 492

Re: Tabbs

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:17 pm

HJS wrote:
claver2010 wrote:entered transfer portal

not surprising given the suspension

I really wanted to give Kraft props for firing Jimmy Mac as a cold move to make a big-splash hire. I don't think that is the case anymore.

I think JC's firing (in spite of the outrage from media) had nothing to do with his win total. I think JC lost control of the program. I don't think the players were even trying off the court. JC didn't want to play any more games until the roster was fully back... yet, he couldn't get the kids to comply with quarantine (or virtual classes). Meanwhile, each cancelled game is one less chance for transfers and those in their final year to show what they can do against ACC talent. It is unfortunate that Tabbs gets publicly saddled with the suspension. I believe the issue bled beyond one player... and I have come to believe that JC being relieved of his duties was more than justified (from a... he shouldn't be allowed to be a head coach again perspective).

Just remember... these same media members like Jeff Goodman and Mike DeCourcey who bemoan the outrageous firing of Jim Christian were part of the group who applauded the termination of "lazy" Al Skinner (permanently killing any chance for another big job). DeCourcey still works for The Sporting News which is an outlet I was unaware still existed (it seems to have disappeared 20 years ago). Goodman doesn't really seem to be employed by anyone anymore. He seems to just toss up podcasts from his basement. He does, however, relish making fun of the fact that Boston College has no fans (while supporting Jim Christian as a great coach)... of course, never acknowledging that the reason BC has only "20 fans" is because of 7 years of Jimmy Mac.

Goodman is a moron who got duped by Father Ball of all people.
Shoreagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm
Karma: 163

Re: Tabbs

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:55 pm

Shoreagle wrote:
HJS wrote:
claver2010 wrote:entered transfer portal

not surprising given the suspension

I really wanted to give Kraft props for firing Jimmy Mac as a cold move to make a big-splash hire. I don't think that is the case anymore.

I think JC's firing (in spite of the outrage from media) had nothing to do with his win total. I think JC lost control of the program. I don't think the players were even trying off the court. JC didn't want to play any more games until the roster was fully back... yet, he couldn't get the kids to comply with quarantine (or virtual classes). Meanwhile, each cancelled game is one less chance for transfers and those in their final year to show what they can do against ACC talent. It is unfortunate that Tabbs gets publicly saddled with the suspension. I believe the issue bled beyond one player... and I have come to believe that JC being relieved of his duties was more than justified (from a... he shouldn't be allowed to be a head coach again perspective).

Just remember... these same media members like Jeff Goodman and Mike DeCourcey who bemoan the outrageous firing of Jim Christian were part of the group who applauded the termination of "lazy" Al Skinner (permanently killing any chance for another big job). DeCourcey still works for The Sporting News which is an outlet I was unaware still existed (it seems to have disappeared 20 years ago). Goodman doesn't really seem to be employed by anyone anymore. He seems to just toss up podcasts from his basement. He does, however, relish making fun of the fact that Boston College has no fans (while supporting Jim Christian as a great coach)... of course, never acknowledging that the reason BC has only "20 fans" is because of 7 years of Jimmy Mac.

Goodman is a moron who got duped by Father Ball of all people.


Making fun of the school for having 20 fans while trying to report on their coaching search is certainly one strategy
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 603

Re: Tabbs

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:19 pm

does this mean bc is less of a ranger because they don't have tabbs
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 11th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 21234
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5866

Re: Tabbs

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:does this mean bc is less of a ranger because they don't have tabbs


Once I got past having just read the Rangers Weirdos thread, I realized this was a good post and you should be proud.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32851
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2489

Re: Tabbs

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:48 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:does this mean bc is less of a ranger because they don't have tabbs


Once I got past having just read the Rangers Weirdos thread, I realized this was a good post and you should be proud.

it's a commitment, i agree. that thread has made it to my "skim only" status
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 11th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 21234
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5866

Re: Tabbs

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:49 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:does this mean bc is less of a ranger because they don't have tabbs


Once I got past having just read the Rangers Weirdos thread, I realized this was a good post and you should be proud.

it's a commitment, i agree. that thread has made it to my "skim only" status


No I meant I was having trouble figuring out what Tabbs leaving had to do with firing Quinn before I got the joke and realized it was very funny. Been a long day.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32851
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2489

Re: Tabbs

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:09 pm

fair. i'd guess quinn also does not have tabbs
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 11th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 21234
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5866

Re: Tabbs

Postby eaglesfan06 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Who cares that he is transferring? Sure he was our most talented player, but our basketball program needs a full reset. Period. Transfers are expected, if not encouraged.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:58 pm
Karma: -15

Next

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dick Rosenthal and 7 guests

Untitled document