Page 3 of 3

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:24 am
by claver2010
bc reached out to anthony mathis, 6'3 grad transfer guard from new mexico. double digit scorer & shot 44% from 3 last 2 years.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:32 am
by eepstein0
claver2010 wrote:bc reached out to anthony mathis, 6'3 grad transfer guard from new mexico. double digit scorer & shot 44% from 3 last 2 years.


Oregon is the favorite and a lot of other high majors involved.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am
by Logitano
Tom Dooder wrote:
claver2010 wrote:Jimmy mac is staying, time to move on

Ky just announced he's leaving for the draft. Didn't mention whether he's hiring an agent or not (though i read that doesn't matter anymore?), the message sounded like he's gone IRregardless


He signed with an agent. He's done.

With 4 kids coming in on scholarship that still leaves at least one currently eligible player that needs to go to make the schollies work. Ideally, with Chatman and Mez gone, Avery Wilson and Vin Baker Jr. would follow suit, which would allow for a transfer to help bolster what should be a young and raw but talented group of kids.

BC's roster is now loaded with Swings but really needs Bigs both now and in the next recruiting class.

Regardless of the transfer situation, BC will need two of the four incoming recruits to provide a Tabbs-like performance next year or this team will be shit. My guess is Heath and Felder are the best chances of that happening.


According to Ky he chose to not be drafted in the 2nd round. Is that a thing? :ace

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:46 pm
by MF73-Eleazar

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm
by BC923
Reyes in the portal

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:57 pm
by claver2010
i assume that means they've found an upgrade at the 5

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:50 pm
by MilitantEagle
I liked JCR. Always felt they could have done more with him.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:37 pm
by eepstein0
MilitantEagle wrote:I liked JCR. Always felt they could have done more with him.


Is the red font missing here?

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 pm
by twballgame9
eepstein0 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:I liked JCR. Always felt they could have done more with him.


Is the red font missing here?


No. Jesus shut up.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:59 am
by NJM89
Im all set on a 5th year center who avg 2pts 2rebs a game for his whole time here. Hopefully Felder gets some good minutes as hes our big man of the future.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:13 pm
by eepstein0
NJM89 wrote:Im all set on a 5th year center who avg 2pts 2rebs a game for his whole time here. Hopefully Felder gets some good minutes as hes our big man of the future.


You also don't need a Center in modern day basketball. I won't miss cringing every time Reyes enters the game.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:27 am
by NJM89
19-20 roster is up on the site. JCR still there as of now and looks like the transfer isnt on campus yet. No baker or Wilson. Rishwain at 6-5 is surprising he could be really good for us might be the best shooter on the team already. Felder will be a tank in a few years already at 230.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:28 pm
by claver2010
they started workouts this week.

posted some videos, was surprised to see rishwain could dunk

Felder, younger hamilton, 3 guards could be an interesting lineup

tabbs is now #10, chris herren now #24

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:43 pm
by eepstein0
claver2010 wrote:they started workouts this week.

posted some videos, was surprised to see rishwain could dunk

Felder, younger hamilton, 3 guards could be an interesting lineup

tabbs is now #10, chris herren now #24


Rishawin is 6’5. I’d be shocked if he couldn’t dunk.

Until proven otherwise I’m going to go on the assumption that this team will suck once we hit conference play. I’m admittedly intrigued by the depth of talent.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 pm
by twballgame9
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:they started workouts this week.

posted some videos, was surprised to see rishwain could dunk

Felder, younger hamilton, 3 guards could be an interesting lineup

tabbs is now #10, chris herren now #24


Rishawin is 6’5. I’d be shocked if he couldn’t dunk.

Until proven otherwise I’m going to go on the assumption that this team will suck once we hit conference play. I’m admittedly intrigued by the depth of talent.


You are the flakes of the hoop team.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:42 am
by DavidGordonsFoot
Is Mez still on the team?

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:31 pm
by BCSUPERFAN22
Reyes committed to Nevada

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 am
by Dick Rosenthal
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Reyes committed to Nevada


I am beyond astonished that Nevada would take him. They are a superior basketball team and program in comparison to us. I figured Reyes for the MAAC or the low end of the A-10 (St Joes lost half its roster and all of its recruits when it canned Martelli).

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 am
by eepstein0
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Reyes committed to Nevada


I am beyond astonished that Nevada would take him. They are a superior basketball team and program in comparison to us. I figured Reyes for the MAAC or the low end of the A-10 (St Joes lost half its roster and all of its recruits when it canned Martelli).


Good for him. Maybe with better coaching he'll be better.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am
by BCSUPERFAN22
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Reyes committed to Nevada


I am beyond astonished that Nevada would take him. They are a superior basketball team and program in comparison to us. I figured Reyes for the MAAC or the low end of the A-10 (St Joes lost half its roster and all of its recruits when it canned Martelli).


I thought that as well, but didn’t they graduate like their entire starting 5 last year and have a new staff ? I suspect it’s more of a situation where they just need warm bodies

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 am
by claver2010
Baker ended up at wisconsin - milwaukee

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:58 pm
by eepstein0
claver2010 wrote:Baker ended up at wisconsin - milwaukee


We played them Game 1 last year. He wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the court.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:34 pm
by claver2010
rothstein was at practice today:

Boston College's likely replacement for Wynston Tabbs? 6-3 freshman Jay Heath. D.C. native has to be consistent for Eagles to have a chance in the ACC.
Palpable Buzz at Boston College surrounding 6-7 freshman CJ Felder. Big time athlete with a strong feel. Impressive long term potential.
Early prediction on Boston College's starting five: Derryck Thornton, Jay Heath, Jairus Hamilton, Steffon Mitchell, Nik Popovic.
Without Wynston Tabbs, BC has major questions at both the 2 and 3. But Eagles are rock solid at PG, PF, and C. Need their freshmen to play like juniors to have a chance to climb.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 pm
by HJS
claver2010 wrote:rothstein was at practice today:

Need their freshmen to play like juniors to have a chance to climb.

That is true with about every major conference team.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 pm
by Corporal Funishment
historically when rothstein has mentioned a palpable buzz about one of our players, it's turned out very well

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:06 pm
by MF73-Eleazar
Can't say they're not trying to snag the player.

https://twitter.com/BostonCollegeSI/sta ... 9458731008

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 am
by eepstein0
claver2010 wrote:rothstein was at practice today:

Boston College's likely replacement for Wynston Tabbs? 6-3 freshman Jay Heath. D.C. native has to be consistent for Eagles to have a chance in the ACC.
Palpable Buzz at Boston College surrounding 6-7 freshman CJ Felder. Big time athlete with a strong feel. Impressive long term potential.
Early prediction on Boston College's starting five: Derryck Thornton, Jay Heath, Jairus Hamilton, Steffon Mitchell, Nik Popovic.
Without Wynston Tabbs, BC has major questions at both the 2 and 3. But Eagles are rock solid at PG, PF, and C. Need their freshmen to play like juniors to have a chance to climb.


The above is a solid 5-15 in the ACC.

The bench would be Hamilton, Felder, Rishawin & Herren Jr.

Re: 2019 Offseason

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:20 am
by eepstein0
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/coll ... story.html

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/10/15 ... -his-game/

Article from the Globe on BC Basketball. JC says all the right things in spite of his record.

I'll believe Steff can shoot when I see it.