NCAA Tourney Day 1

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

NCAA Tourney Day 1

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 am

some interesting early games, kudos to Chris Mack for taking papa johns u back to the tournament in his first year.

and in the afternoon we have nospace's DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY COACH huskies

maybe one day we'll be able to participate in this again!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: NCAA Tourney Day 1

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:24 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKpfztr23w8[url][/url]

I watch this every year at this time....to see if I still feel

*edit: I can't get the fucking you tube video to load even taking out the 's'
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:34 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

tag it as a youtube video, not a url

wang has yet to announce who will run this years annual 'welcome to the internet, i'll be your guide' camp with tre only occasionally among us
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:34 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

tag it as a youtube video, not a url

wang has yet to announce who will run this years annual 'welcome to the internet, i'll be your guide' camp with tre only occasionally among us

had same issue. wouldn't show up in the post. this place is a dump.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:54 am

You know how in some monster movies it’s like “this is the one night every 10,000 years when the stars align and if the bad guy kills/penetrates a virgin at the tomb on the stroke of midnight then supreme evil will be unleashed on the world?”

That 2005-6 BC team was like that except it was the one year in all of our entire lives that BC could have made a final four and even perhaps won a championship.

Had to get through Florida, but Florida was not the juggernaut they were the next year. I mean they were loaded with brewer, horford and Noah in the front court BUT they were all sophomores and front court was the strength of that BC team. Then George Mason in the Final Four.

Fuck. I don't know why I do this to myself.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Petrino's kid looks like Steve Buscemi drowning in one of John Goodman's suits.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Even BC beat Louisville.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Hands off bill coen
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Manny on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Underrated aspect of March Madness: the chubby big men from small schools wrecking shit. None of the blue bloods play fat dudes anymore.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:04 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:Underrated aspect of March Madness: the chubby big men from small schools wrecking shit. None of the blue bloods play fat dudes anymore.

Who was the last power conference fatty? Levance Fields?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:10 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Hands off bill coen

Deplorable.

We start 3 juniors and 2 seniors. They start 4 freshman. They whaled on us. There wasn't anything we could do (not one damn thing) vs Roland. Nothing. Zero. There was not a single player on that Kansas squad that would have accepted a scholarship offer to Northeastern. There is not a single player on the Northeastern squad that would have been offered at Kansas. They held our best player (the CAA player of the year) pretty much to nil. We had virtually no points in the paint and we couldn't get an offensive rebound.

I'm almost saying that our conference didn't even deserve a bid.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:29 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:Underrated aspect of March Madness: the chubby big men from small schools wrecking shit. None of the blue bloods play fat dudes anymore.

Depending on which side of the "Eepstein"/"Common Sense" divide you stand in regards to what makes an ACC player....Caudill
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Manny on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

Depending on which side of the "Eepstein"/"Common Sense" divide you stand in regards to what makes an ACC player....Caudill

Unfortunately Caudill could hardly ever be described as "wrecking shit," though he was quite doughy. Levance Fields is a pretty good one, but I always thought of him more as square than fat (though he had future fat guy written all over him). Big Baby Davis? Can't remember if he was before or after Fields.

Anyway, Ja Morant seems pretty legit, but their center is the guy who captures my heart. If your moobs giggle when you dunk on people, you'll always have a spot on my team.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 am

you'd have a tough time slipping a piece of paper under caudill when he jumped

eric paschall (former fordham great) is a couple of rakim sanders cheese steaks away
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:51 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

Appreciate that
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:you'd have a tough time slipping a piece of paper under caudill when he jumped

Pretty sure Caudill jumping is more of a hypothetical, I sure don’t remember seeing it
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby StratEagle on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:You know how in some monster movies it’s like “this is the one night every 10,000 years when the stars align and if the bad guy kills/penetrates a virgin at the tomb on the stroke of midnight then supreme evil will be unleashed on the world?”

That 2005-6 BC team was like that except it was the one year in all of our entire lives that BC could have made a final four and even perhaps won a championship.

Had to get through Florida, but Florida was not the juggernaut they were the next year. I mean they were loaded with brewer, horford and Noah in the front court BUT they were all sophomores and front court was the strength of that BC team. Then George Mason in the Final Four.

That was a good Villanova team too. Getting a 4 seed that year was a pretty big screw job.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:45 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:You know how in some monster movies it’s like “this is the one night every 10,000 years when the stars align and if the bad guy kills/penetrates a virgin at the tomb on the stroke of midnight then supreme evil will be unleashed on the world?”

That was a good Villanova team too. Getting a 4 seed that year was a pretty big screw job.

BC blew them off the court in the first half.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm

What’s better news for you? That Myo Baxter-Bell is exactly the player you are talking about, or that he’s a junior and might get to wreck shit next year too... or that he’s a 6’5 center? Or that he’s from Liberty?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Manny on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:15 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

What’s better news for you? That Myo Baxter-Bell is exactly the player you are talking about, or that he’s a junior and might get to wreck shit next year too... or that he’s a 6’5 center? Or that he’s from Liberty?

A chubby 6'5" center is indeed the platonic ideal of fat-guy-shit-wrecker. Sadly, this particular player loses a million points for playing at Falwell U.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

A chubby 6'5" center is indeed the platonic ideal of fat-guy-shit-wrecker. Sadly, this particular player loses a million points for playing at Falwell U.

Perhaps, but anyone who has had a kid from Liberty babysit for their children will tell you they are the nicest, most polite kids you’ll ever meet. Sure Falwell and Falwell Jr are hucksters, but the students are actually great kids. As for the hyphen, those were some big time free throws down the stretch. Would love to see them wreck Va Tech .
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

Perhaps, but anyone who has had a kid from Liberty babysit for their children will tell you they are the nicest, most polite kids you’ll ever meet. Sure Falwell and Falwell Jr are hucksters, but the students are actually great kids. As for the hyphen, those were some big time free throws down the stretch. Would love to see them wreck Va Tech .

Would of been tough for you and duchie to go late night hogging with the midnight curfew in Lynchburg. Though aside from a Buffalo Wild Wings and surprisingly outstanding Italian restaurant over by Randolph-Macon College, there is virtually nothing in Lynchburg.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

In his freshman year, Kennedy Meeks was rather rotund.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Villanova looks good. Like a drunk st bonaventure
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Villanova looks good. Like a drunk st bonaventure

Meh. More like a program that has shot its wad. Like the billionaire version of SUNY-Almost Got Into Binghamton.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm

that one's going to hurt for UCF
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

Bonzie Colson Jr. Cheesesteaks McGee

Edit: Just googled that shit and it told me he’s 225lbs. Was he a bit more moundish in college or am I just remembering wrong?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum