NCST Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NCST Game

Postby lobstalova on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I was over with the Ky as a PG experiment after 1 game. It’s still a bad idea.

ummm he's been our point guard for the last three years so unless you're referring to an experiment which has lasted since November 2016...

Also if you look back on those rosters, who would you rather have as PG?

He's good for that position even if it doesn't fit him perfectly.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:40 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I was over with the Ky as a PG experiment after 1 game. It’s still a bad idea.

ummm he's been our point guard for the last three years so unless you're referring to an experiment which has lasted since November 2016...

They’ve lost like 50+ games the last 3 years with him at PG. He’s a fine player, but the staff’s insistence on him playing PG will get this entire staff fired sooner or later.

Ky’s a good player who makes terrible decisions with the ball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:37 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:

Recruit a PG. You want to bitch about Christian, start there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:18 pm

he recruited one of the best point guards in the country

"recruitment of point guards" is possibly the worst criticism imaginable of his tenure

you guys crack me up
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:05 pm

What the hell are you talking about? Whenever anybody other than Ky handles the rock we are in grave danger. You can see the panic in the players faces when they have the ball, they are always holding it for Ky. The correct criticism here is that there needs to at least be a second person (other than Tabbs) who can spot Bowman as the primary ball handler, because when the ball is out of his hands the offense is absolutely painful.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:he recruited one of the best point guards in the country

"recruitment of point guards" is possibly the worst criticism imaginable of his tenure

you guys crack me up

Did I miss this?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:37 pm

christian's biggest failure was getting 1 useful (albeit very useful) piece out of his first true recruiting class: jrob, aj turner, matt milon, sammy barnes-thompkins, jc reyes, mez

hitting on 1 of 6, with only aj being the other that has some semblance of value is pretty bad.

edit: also looking at aj turner, he is pretty much the same player he was 2 years ago when he left only less efficient: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... /aj-turner
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:28 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:he recruited one of the best point guards in the country

you guys crack me up

Did I miss this?

He's saying Bowman is a PG and you admit he's a very good player ergo you admit he's a very good PG. The problem is that the things that make him a good player are not PG skills.

You could play him at C and he's still a good player but that wouldn't mean the team had a center.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:43 am

Bowman is a classic college combo guard forced to handle the ball because no one else can. It was easier last year because at least there was another guy to take the pressure off of him.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:12 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Bowman is a classic college combo guard forced to handle the ball because no one else can. It was easier last year because at least there was another guy to take the pressure off of him.

Hes a classic college small forward in a point guard body with zero discernable point guard skill.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:52 pm

assist to turnover ration is horrendous.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum