Basketball Practice Facility

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Basketball Practice Facility

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:28 am

not to burst bubbles because this is happening but i thought it would be further along given the rothstein announcement than it currently is
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:46 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Rothstein reporting it’s a go

Rothstein (whoever he is) is wrong
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:08 pm

Why would BC announce a basketball practice facility now, when the media would go to Christian for comment? The only benefit would be for recruiting and the cake is largely baked for this year. Wait and announce it in conjunction (or soon after) the introduction of the new coach. I'd lean towards the latter to get two news cycles out of it.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 am

Just got off the phone with a BC fundraiser. Half-hour call. She said the practice facility is approved, Leahy supports the plans, and now they're just waiting for funding. "Father Leahy won't start building until it's mostly funded."

Sounds like it won't be its own stand-alone facility but a heavy renovation and extension on Conte. I had not heard this before, but it may be common knowledge. She acknowledged that BC lags far behind peers in this regard and mentioned one her own that other programs use the lack of facilities to recruit against BC.

Nothing about the coaching search that none of us already know.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:33 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Just got off the phone with a BC fundraiser. Half-hour call. She said the practice facility is approved, Leahy supports the plans, and now they're just waiting for funding. "Father Leahy won't start building until it's mostly funded."

Sounds like it won't be its own stand-alone facility but a heavy renovation and extension on Conte. I had not heard this before, but it may be common knowledge. She acknowledged that BC lags far behind peers in this regard and mentioned one her own that other programs use the lack of facilities to recruit against BC.

The fundraising for this has taken forever (not that I blame people for not wanting to donate to this basketball program).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Just got off the phone with a BC fundraiser. Half-hour call. She said the practice facility is approved, Leahy supports the plans, and now they're just waiting for funding. "Father Leahy won't start building until it's mostly funded."

The fundraising for this has taken forever (not that I blame people for not wanting to donate to this basketball program).

Hard to donate to something that is as tangible as Keyser Soze. Announce it before you have 98% funding and maybe it won't take 65 years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 pm

also give some semblance of hope to the program and people will donate.

ex: hafley is getting what he wants quickly
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Mainly because only 28 people care about this bb program.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:30 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

28 is way high
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:07 pm

Why is fundraising for this project not even mentioned on the BC website. They need one of these on the main web page with a link to contribute.

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:27 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:Why is fundraising for this project not even mentioned on the BC website. They need one of these on the main web page with a link to contribute.

Large projects at BC are exclusively funded by large donors. They aren't looking for few hundred here and there. They only look for those sums for General Operations. For things like Stadium Renovation, the New Plex, acquiring lands (be it the seminary, beer can hill, random failed Newton colleges and synagogues), etc... they have a very targeted Rolodex.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:45 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:Why is fundraising for this project not even mentioned on the BC website. They need one of these on the main web page with a link to contribute.

Large projects at BC are exclusively funded by large donors. They aren't looking for few hundred here and there. They only look for those sums for General Operations. For things like Stadium Renovation, the New Plex, acquiring lands (be it the seminary, beer can hill, random failed Newton colleges and synagogues), etc... they have a very targeted Rolodex.

Sounds like the tailgate philosophy. BC would rather have just 10 tailgate spots, each donating $10,000 a year than have 1000 tailgate spots, each donating $100 a year.

Its nice to have (some) alumni who can afford that kind of expense.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:53 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Sounds like the tailgate philosophy. BC would rather have just 10 tailgate spots, each donating $10,000 a year than have 1000 tailgate spots, each donating $100 a year.

Its nice to have (some) alumni who can afford that kind of expense.

There is a difference between asking for a shitload of money when you are essentially charging them for parking, on the one hand, and asking them for a shitload money because the thing you need it for costs $60 million and they have shitloads of money, on the other. No point wasting time asking InnocentBystander in the Desert for a Benjamin when you are building a stadium.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:58 am

also the mod lot is sold out so not sure they're mispricing that either...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:16 pm

How much money needs to be raised for the conte renovation / hoops facility expansion? And if we can't have a donation guage on the website, can we at least have a link to the renderings.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:34 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:How much money needs to be raised for the conte renovation / hoops facility expansion? And if we can't have a donation guage on the website, can we at least have a link to the renderings.

Bates was the only one with a log-in to the rendering software and he didn't leave his password behind when he left. Leahy won't spring for another license, so nobody's getting any renderings for the foreseeable future.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:56 pm

i can get to renderings. they might just not be on topic.

in fact, i've posted two renderings today on the maryanne's board.

renderings of the current state of our basketball program

renderings of how angry nospace was after bill coen shat the bed against a far inferior program

i know there isn't volume with the last rendering, but the official rendering has the model saying "charity stripe" and "downtown" over and over again with a periodic "drexel dragons" thrown in for good measure
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:59 pm

also renderings of bates signaling that he has us by the balls because he has the keys and password to the renderings tool
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:22 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:renderings of how angry nospace was after bill coen shat the bed against a far inferior program

i know there isn't volume with the last rendering, but the official rendering has the model saying "charity stripe" and "downtown" over and over again with a periodic "drexel dragons" thrown in for good measure

I'm trying not to get too worked up about it. I was concerned before the game began and (as it turns out) my concern was legitimate. Three things happened:

• we were missing our layups
  • Drexel was hitting 3-pointers
  • and at the end when we were fouling to get the ball back to try and get in the game, Drexel hit all their free throws

That happens, you lose. And its not on Coen. The kids are young, our best two players are sophomores. Maybe next year will be different.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:31 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:renderings of how angry nospace was after bill coen shat the bed against a far inferior program

I'm trying not to get too worked up about it. I was concerned before the game began and (as it turns out) my concern was legitimate. Three things happened:

• and at the end when we were fouling to get the ball back to try and get in the game, Drexel hit all their free throws

That happens, you lose. And its not on Coen. The kids are young, our best two players are sophomores. Maybe next year will be different.

At the end of the day, Northeastern just couldn't put the biscuit in the basket enough. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:37 pm

is bruiser still coaching drexel. there's a name that's probably on kraf't candidate list.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:49 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

At the end of the day, Northeastern just couldn't put the biscuit in the basket enough. :shrug

Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:54 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

That's right.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:41 pm

“Oh yes, our thermometer is so full! Almost there, keep going!”
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:18 pm

eagle33 really wants to give $250 bucks to the $60 million dollar hoop facility renovation. Invest in in bitcoin.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 27, 2021 8:03 am

@PeteThamel
SOURCES: Boston College has received a $15 million lead gift to build a new men’s and women’s basketball practice facility connected to Conte Forum. The total facility is estimated to cost around $37 million. More than $20 million has already been raised for the project. 1/2

The gift is from Mikey and Jay Hoag, and the facility will be named Hoag Basketball Pavilion. It will include 40,000 square feet of basketball specific space. The upgrade will be a drastic improvement for basketball facilities long regarded as the worst in the ACC. 2/2
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 27, 2021 8:19 am

it would have been cooler to build it on the reservoir
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it would have been cooler to build it on the reservoir

During a mock navy battle? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 27, 2021 9:35 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it would have been cooler to build it on the reservoir

During a mock navy battle? :ace

good point - it would have been cooler to build it under the reservoir with a glass ceiling to watch the mock naval battles at halftime
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum