Basketball Practice Facility

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Basketball Practice Facility

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu May 27, 2021 2:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:@PeteThamel
SOURCES: Boston College has received a $15 million lead gift to build a new men’s and women’s basketball practice facility connected to Conte Forum. The total facility is estimated to cost around $37 million. More than $20 million has already been raised for the project. 1/2

The gift is from Mikey and Jay Hoag, and the facility will be named Hoag Basketball Pavilion. It will include 40,000 square feet of basketball specific space. The upgrade will be a drastic improvement for basketball facilities long regarded as the worst in the ACC. 2/2

Why not "men's basketball specific space" ?
Were the Hoags consulted?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 27, 2021 7:11 pm

SOURCES: Boston College has received a $15 million lead gift to build a new men’s and women’s basketball practice facility connected to Conte Forum. The total facility is estimated to cost around $37 million. More than $20 million has already been raised for the project. 1/2

The gift is from Mikey and Jay Hoag, and the facility will be named Hoag Basketball Pavilion. It will include 40,000 square feet of basketball specific space. The upgrade will be a drastic improvement for basketball facilities long regarded as the worst in the ACC. 2/2

Spending $37M on a basketball facility and hiring Earl Grant just doesn’t compute to me.

This is step 1 towards becoming better at basketball
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu May 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Mikey Hoag is more than ok in my book.

https://www.alz.org/stepupthepace/partn ... e-hoag.asp
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri May 28, 2021 7:24 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Spending $37M on a basketball facility and hiring Earl Grant just doesn’t compute to me.

What doesn’t compute to me is BC raising the necessary funds without a dedicated thermometer on its website.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Sat May 29, 2021 11:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. But maybe the money only came through on the condition of who they hired? Regardless, I think Grant doesn't have seven to eight years of paychecks with mediocre basketball now. Timeline just got shortened. I'm personally unconvinced that this changes the attraction of the program for kids all that much.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun May 30, 2021 5:44 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. But maybe the money only came through on the condition of who they hired? Regardless, I think Grant doesn't have seven to eight years of paychecks with mediocre basketball now. Timeline just got shortened. I'm personally unconvinced that this changes the attraction of the program for kids all that much.

The plans predate Grant. The sketches were not enough to convince a Beilein a year ago that BC was serious about basketball. This helps recruiting but will still be about how you use the talent. JC didn't have ACC level depth but never maximized his roster during any season.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:31 pm

They already have enough money to build the facility and furnish it. It does not cost 37 million to build a 40,000 square foot building. At most this is a $400 per square foot building. A skyscraper cost $600 per square foot and that includes a lot of interior walls. This facility is mostly wide open space. It’s easy to build and maintain.

The additional money is too fund the maintenance and personnel cost of the building. BC will borrow all of the money to build this facility. All of the cash contributions will be kept in the endowment.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:42 pm

I for one am looking forward to BC moving up to 17th in the ACC in hoop
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:They already have enough money to build the facility and furnish it. It does not cost 37 million to build a 40,000 square foot building. At most this is a $400 per square foot building. A skyscraper cost $600 per square foot and that includes a lot of interior walls. This facility is mostly wide open space. It’s easy to build and maintain.

The additional money is too fund the maintenance and personnel cost of the building. BC will borrow all of the money to build this facility. All of the cash contributions will be kept in the endowment.

Go Eagles!

How low rate would that lending be where BC feels like it can earn a spread over interest somehow? I feel like I am missing something. Organizations that take out debt when they are cash rich enough to afford large projects with a lump sum just feels like a kid playing with their food. Me missing something is also a strong possibility

EDIT: disregard, found what I was missing
Caught myself being a leverage player hater without due cause
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:38 am

http://www.bostonplans.org/news-calenda ... ce-meeting

too bad no one zoom bombed it

This is a meeting of the Boston College Task Force to review the Conte Forum North Expansion and Renovation project. The Proposed Project involves the renovation of and an addition to Silvio O. Conte Forum on the Chestnut Hill Campus of Boston College. The addition will house new men's and women's basketball team locker rooms, a sports medicine suite, a strength and conditioning room, and other services.

The Task Force serves as the advisory body for BC's institutional development. Please note that this is a combined Task Force and Public Meeting. The meeting will begin with a presentation of the project by the College, followed by a discussion amongst the Task Force. Members of the general public are encouraged to attend.

How to Participate

Please register in advance for this meeting using the following link:
https://www.zoomgov.com/meeting/registe ... pVIQ_eAUyM

Meeting ID: 161 783 6379
Toll Free Call-In Number: 833.568.8864
At this time, the Boston Planning & Development Agency (BPDA) is continuing to host public meetings in a virtual setting for the health, safety, and accessibility of Boston residents. For more information and updates, visit bostonplans.org.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:38 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:http://www.bostonplans.org/news-calendar/calendar/2021/08/17/boston-college-task-force-meeting

too bad no one zoom bombed it

https://bpda.app.box.com/s/sas4fqtcij22i0beuayys30k1pfb5r11
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:47 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Nice. Where would they put it? Where Edmonds used to be (rip).

They just put the new Plex where Edmonds used to be.

was on campus last week, the new plex is amazing.

for all the shit bc rightfully gets, when they do build something, they do it right.

also they started construction on the basketball facility, the plaza in front of conte is torn up
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Previous