NCST Gamethread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 am

Consider this show doesn’t travel, I can’t see this going well.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 am

6.5 points seems like far too little
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2180
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 493

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:43 am

This guy Joe Giglio who did a piece of Robinson/Bowman recently, is saying that Robinson is going to go through the NBA draft process this year (think he can go through the process and come back if he doesnt get proper feedback)

@jwgiglio
Also for my BC followers: Jerome Robinson plans on going through the NBA draft process this spring, his father said. After putting up 25 points per ACC game, that's a smart idea
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 113

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:56 am

does he have to go to lithuania first or can he go right to austin?
bieber, justin
bush, george h.w.
chong, tommy
curry, tim
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
mitchell, joni
newton-john, olivia
osborne, ozzy
windsor, queen elizabeth
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19871
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5579

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 am

In fairness, he's a better NBA prosect than Hanlan. Still isn't going high enough to make it worthwhile. But he certainly should learn that through the process.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29214
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2327

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:24 am

some of you guys will never learn
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1807
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -521

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Someone in Vegas is hitting BC hard again. Opened up at -8
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:some of you guys will never learn


He’d be drafted between 40-50.

He plays 0 defense and is kind of old for the NBA. There’s no upside with him he’s pretty much the player now he would be in the NBA.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:23 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:some of you guys will never learn


He’d be drafted between 40-50.

He plays 0 defense and is kind of old for the NBA. There’s no upside with him he’s pretty much the player now he would be in the NBA.


Did anyone else notice how Mr. Salty didn't take my Robinson bet?
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1807
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -521

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:some of you guys will never learn


He’d be drafted between 40-50.

He plays 0 defense and is kind of old for the NBA. There’s no upside with him he’s pretty much the player now he would be in the NBA.


Did anyone else notice how Mr. Salty didn't take my Robinson bet?


No.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29214
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2327

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:some of you guys will never learn


He’d be drafted between 40-50.

He plays 0 defense and is kind of old for the NBA. There’s no upside with him he’s pretty much the player now he would be in the NBA.


Did anyone else notice how Mr. Salty didn't take my Robinson bet?


No.

me neither
bieber, justin
bush, george h.w.
chong, tommy
curry, tim
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
mitchell, joni
newton-john, olivia
osborne, ozzy
windsor, queen elizabeth
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19871
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5579

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:04 pm

This idea that Jerome Robinson (6'6 with long arms and quick feet) can't play defense is just sideways stupid. He's relied upon offensively in his current team dynamic and can't expend as much energy the other way, not to mention he plays 35 minutes a night. It's also an effort thing. Look at Kyrie Irving's defense his first 7 years versus his defense this year... it's not like he had an epiphany, he is more motivated and has better coaching.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:This guy Joe Giglio who did a piece of Robinson/Bowman recently, is saying that Robinson is going to go through the NBA draft process this year (think he can go through the process and come back if he doesnt get proper feedback)

@jwgiglio
Also for my BC followers: Jerome Robinson plans on going through the NBA draft process this spring, his father said. After putting up 25 points per ACC game, that's a smart idea


correct, there's zero harm in him doing this and he should
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16809
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2917

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Robinson is more gone than BC is eliminated from at-large consideration
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1807
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -521

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:50 pm

claver2010 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:This guy Joe Giglio who did a piece of Robinson/Bowman recently, is saying that Robinson is going to go through the NBA draft process this year (think he can go through the process and come back if he doesnt get proper feedback)

@jwgiglio
Also for my BC followers: Jerome Robinson plans on going through the NBA draft process this spring, his father said. After putting up 25 points per ACC game, that's a smart idea


correct, there's zero harm in him doing this and he should

go climb a glacier
bieber, justin
bush, george h.w.
chong, tommy
curry, tim
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
mitchell, joni
newton-john, olivia
osborne, ozzy
windsor, queen elizabeth
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19871
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5579

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:This guy Joe Giglio who did a piece of Robinson/Bowman recently, is saying that Robinson is going to go through the NBA draft process this year (think he can go through the process and come back if he doesnt get proper feedback)

@jwgiglio
Also for my BC followers: Jerome Robinson plans on going through the NBA draft process this spring, his father said. After putting up 25 points per ACC game, that's a smart idea


correct, there's zero harm in him doing this and he should

go climb a glacier

Go hang around the parking lot tonight.
User avatar
Onyx Blackman
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am
Karma: 2602

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:This idea that Jerome Robinson (6'6 with long arms and quick feet) can't play defense is just sideways stupid. He's relied upon offensively in his current team dynamic and can't expend as much energy the other way, not to mention he plays 35 minutes a night. It's also an effort thing. Look at Kyrie Irving's defense his first 7 years versus his defense this year... it's not like he had an epiphany, he is more motivated and has better coaching.


When some random guard on NCST goes nuts tonight, just like every other game, I’ll keep that in mind.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Onyx Blackman wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:This guy Joe Giglio who did a piece of Robinson/Bowman recently, is saying that Robinson is going to go through the NBA draft process this year (think he can go through the process and come back if he doesnt get proper feedback)

@jwgiglio
Also for my BC followers: Jerome Robinson plans on going through the NBA draft process this spring, his father said. After putting up 25 points per ACC game, that's a smart idea


correct, there's zero harm in him doing this and he should

go climb a glacier

Go hang around the parking lot tonight.

it's safe to do so now that radnor and buconvict got married
bieber, justin
bush, george h.w.
chong, tommy
curry, tim
jong-un, kim
lange, artie
mitchell, joni
newton-john, olivia
osborne, ozzy
windsor, queen elizabeth
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19871
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5579

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Robinson just broke his elbow
#FireJimChristian
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2863

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:30 pm

This is pathetic
#FireJimChristian
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2863

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Random crappy NCST guards going crazy, shocking.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:Robinson just broke his elbow


Thought the same thing when he landed.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:45 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:This idea that Jerome Robinson (6'6 with long arms and quick feet) can't play defense is just sideways stupid. He's relied upon offensively in his current team dynamic and can't expend as much energy the other way, not to mention he plays 35 minutes a night. It's also an effort thing. Look at Kyrie Irving's defense his first 7 years versus his defense this year... it's not like he had an epiphany, he is more motivated and has better coaching.


You and TWB are fucking dumb.

NCST is 18 of their last 19
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:Robinson just broke his elbow


Thought the same thing when he landed.


In all honesty that would be the best thing to happen to BC this year. It insures he’ll be back. We’re going nowhere this year with or without him
Shoreagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm
Karma: 74

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:49 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:This idea that Jerome Robinson (6'6 with long arms and quick feet) can't play defense is just sideways stupid. He's relied upon offensively in his current team dynamic and can't expend as much energy the other way, not to mention he plays 35 minutes a night. It's also an effort thing. Look at Kyrie Irving's defense his first 7 years versus his defense this year... it's not like he had an epiphany, he is more motivated and has better coaching.


When some random guard on NCST goes nuts tonight, just like every other game, I’ll keep that in mind.


:whammy
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Also, Pop has been having a brutal game.
#FireJimChristian
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2863

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:55 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:This idea that Jerome Robinson (6'6 with long arms and quick feet) can't play defense is just sideways stupid. He's relied upon offensively in his current team dynamic and can't expend as much energy the other way, not to mention he plays 35 minutes a night. It's also an effort thing. Look at Kyrie Irving's defense his first 7 years versus his defense this year... it's not like he had an epiphany, he is more motivated and has better coaching.


You and TWB are fucking dumb.

NCST is 18 of their last 19


I never said Jerome Robinson was a good defender. I say he's able if he wants to, but that's the thing.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:55 pm

I don't understand how these teams continue to shoot lights out from 3. Shouldn't basic statistics take over at some point and some of these start to miss ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 113

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:57 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:I don't understand how these teams continue to shoot lights out from 3. Shouldn't basic statistics take over at some point and some of these start to miss ?


The shots are wide open every night. I’d like a D1 player could shoot between 60-70% when left uncovered
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15350
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: NCST Gamethread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:I don't understand how these teams continue to shoot lights out from 3. Shouldn't basic statistics take over at some point and some of these start to miss ?


The shots are wide open every night. I’d like a D1 player could shoot between 60-70% when left uncovered

For opposing teams, 3-point land is basically the charity stripe.
User avatar
Onyx Blackman
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am
Karma: 2602

Next

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Untitled document