Miami Gamethread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:23 am

As much fun as it is arguing with TWB, back to basketball
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:30 am

It's a good thing BC players magically don't allow fatigue to affect their play, they're going to need a full 35-38 minutes from Robinson, Bowman and Chatman.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 pm

eepstein0 wrote:As much fun as it is arguing with TWB, back to basketball


...but it was such an insightful and entertaining discussion
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -521

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:11 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:It's a good thing BC players magically don't allow fatigue to affect their play, they're going to need a full 35-38 minutes from Robinson, Bowman and Chatman.


Miami has 14 points in the first 4 minutes. Must be the fatigue
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:23 pm

atrocious rebounding so far
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16817
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2927

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:40 pm

I’d love to play guard against BC.

Open 3 after open 3
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby commavegarage on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 pm

this color guy keeps calling jimmy mac some variation of jeff christian / jeff christianson :laugh :laugh :laugh
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 690

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Popovic turned into Dan Crimmins
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -521

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Popovic turned into Dan Crimmins


You have to put Reyes in
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:43 pm

pop's hands have been atrocious today

mitchell better spend all summer shooting 3s if he intends to keep chucking
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16817
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2927

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Great win!
Why were there so many scouts there?
DomingoOrtiz
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 98

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 pm

thank you hurricanes, for taking some of the worst shots I’ve ever seen in the last 4 minutes of that game
Image
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19902
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5579

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:07 pm

That's a great win considering we didn't play well. If they can win 4 or 5 of the next 6 and then get a W in the ACC tourney, we might actually make it. It'll be fun to just be on the bubble again
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Solid production from the bench:
Points - 0
Rebounds - 0
Assists - 0
Blocks - 0
DomingoOrtiz
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 98

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:thank you hurricanes, for taking some of the worst shots I’ve ever seen in the last 4 minutes of that game


It’s kinda this, but BC made the shots down the stretch
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Here's a flowchart for people interested in a sober and realistic assessment of our NCAA chances

Image
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -521

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 pm

I like this team, but we need depth. This team is fun, and I don't think we've ever had such a dynamic backcourt. I just hope both stay because this team could be very good next year.

I'm not a JC fan but I have to give him a lot of credit with recruiting Bowman, Robinson and Mitchell. Plus, great recruiting for 2018 class.
MattTheEagle
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 pm
Karma: 25

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby Los on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm

3 more conference wins and a win in the ACC tourney should put us squarely on the bubble. All of the games on the remaining schedule are winnable. We'll probably be favored in a couple. Barring any choke job, it should be a fun close to the season.
- Los
User avatar
Los
n00b
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: -1

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 pm

I’d be encouraged if BC could figure out this whole road game thing.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Los wrote:3 more conference wins and a win in the ACC tourney should put us squarely on the bubble. All of the games on the remaining schedule are winnable. We'll probably be favored in a couple. Barring any choke job, it should be a fun close to the season.


Any bubble talked died vs VT and was buried vs ND. Short of winning out and stealing a game in the ACCT, NIT is best case
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 113

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:32 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
Los wrote:3 more conference wins and a win in the ACC tourney should put us squarely on the bubble. All of the games on the remaining schedule are winnable. We'll probably be favored in a couple. Barring any choke job, it should be a fun close to the season.


Any bubble talked died vs VT and was buried vs ND. Short of winning out and stealing a game in the ACCT, NIT is best case


You’re usually a good poster.

This is not a good post.

They’d be 11-7 in conference and 21-10 overall if they won out. Plus a game in Brooklyn is like a 8 or 9 seed in the NCAAs.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 am

BC ran another promotion for the Miami game and it was basically a full house. I think BC employees might have received free tickets or something like that. Whatever the case, BC needs to do these things as much as they can. I don't care if they basically give away all 8600 tickets for free, they need to fill the arena. You then make up for it in concessions as lots of people are buying $8 beers. Even if game day revenue goes down a bit, BC still gets most of their money from ACC TV deal anyway and the benefit of a full Conte outweighs any minor reduction in revenue.

At this point, I honestly think they should consider giving people season tickets and people can just name the price they want to "donate" in return. Sort of like what you see in the music industry, specifically the model for independent artists on bandcamp. EDIT - this would obviously need to be limited to BC fans so you try it out with students, alumni and BC employees first and see how it goes.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 80

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BC923 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:47 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:BC ran another promotion for the Miami game and it was basically a full house. I think BC employees might have received free tickets or something like that. Whatever the case, BC needs to do these things as much as they can. I don't care if they basically give away all 8600 tickets for free, they need to fill the arena. You then make up for it in concessions as lots of people are buying $8 beers. Even if game day revenue goes down a bit, BC still gets most of their money from ACC TV deal anyway and the benefit of a full Conte outweighs any minor reduction in revenue.

At this point, I honestly think they should consider giving people season tickets and people can just name the price they want to "donate" in return. Sort of like what you see in the music industry, specifically the model for independent artists on bandcamp. EDIT - this would obviously need to be limited to BC fans so you try it out with students, alumni and BC employees first and see how it goes.

This is a good idea
BC923
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 384

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 pm

BC923 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:BC ran another promotion for the Miami game and it was basically a full house. I think BC employees might have received free tickets or something like that. Whatever the case, BC needs to do these things as much as they can. I don't care if they basically give away all 8600 tickets for free, they need to fill the arena. You then make up for it in concessions as lots of people are buying $8 beers. Even if game day revenue goes down a bit, BC still gets most of their money from ACC TV deal anyway and the benefit of a full Conte outweighs any minor reduction in revenue.

At this point, I honestly think they should consider giving people season tickets and people can just name the price they want to "donate" in return. Sort of like what you see in the music industry, specifically the model for independent artists on bandcamp. EDIT - this would obviously need to be limited to BC fans so you try it out with students, alumni and BC employees first and see how it goes.

This is a good idea


I second that as well. It's important to get trial for your product, because if people enjoy it and are incentivized to be there for free, that's essentially taking a chance on what would otherwise be an empty seat for next time. Having a good crowd helps receuiting too and strengthens your homefield advantage, and for those two enormous benefits it doesn't matter if they payed or not.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:59 am

BCEagles25 wrote:
BC923 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:BC ran another promotion for the Miami game and it was basically a full house. I think BC employees might have received free tickets or something like that. Whatever the case, BC needs to do these things as much as they can. I don't care if they basically give away all 8600 tickets for free, they need to fill the arena. You then make up for it in concessions as lots of people are buying $8 beers. Even if game day revenue goes down a bit, BC still gets most of their money from ACC TV deal anyway and the benefit of a full Conte outweighs any minor reduction in revenue.

At this point, I honestly think they should consider giving people season tickets and people can just name the price they want to "donate" in return. Sort of like what you see in the music industry, specifically the model for independent artists on bandcamp. EDIT - this would obviously need to be limited to BC fans so you try it out with students, alumni and BC employees first and see how it goes.

This is a good idea


I second that as well. It's important to get trial for your product, because if people enjoy it and are incentivized to be there for free, that's essentially taking a chance on what would otherwise be an empty seat for next time. Having a good crowd helps receuiting too and strengthens your homefield advantage, and for those two enormous benefits it doesn't matter if they payed or not.


I don’t think BC wins Saturday without the crowd. A big part of Miami not scoring was the defense feeding off the crowd noise.

Mitchell was incredible on D literally chasing guards around
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -325

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:32 pm

seriously, no gamethread for today’s game? thanks jimmy mac
Image
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19902
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5579

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm at this game
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -521

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:35 pm

This could be the NIT-sealer here. This and maybe one more game
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:54 pm

This game is fucking rigged, what kind of baby maker calls that in a tight game
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: Miami Gamethread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:59 pm

I feel like when Nik Popvic talks to girls there's a lot of "umms" and bladder leakage
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Next

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Untitled document