Notre Dame Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
MaxxPower325 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Both Boston teams decided to have three point shooting contests with teams that shoot better than they do..


BCs shots are contested.

NDs shots are wide open


Both home teams have license. Toronto is molesting the Celtics


To your point, BC with 12 fouls, ND with 5...


This has nothing to do with the officials


This game had a shit ton to do with the way it was called. You are a moron.


It didn’t but whatever. BC leaving shooters wide open all night is the story of this game


Too bad they couldn't tackle like the white stiff Hoosier lineup from south bend.


One of the guards would’ve needed to be close enough to actually tackle someone.

Pour, more, gin
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:44 am

eepstein0 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:We didn’t cover anyone. This is a broken Notre Dame team, one that looked like it had given up on the season the last few games. Can we all agree now the Christian-era farce need to end now?


I’m not really sure what the benefit of retaining Christian is at this point.

I’d rather suffer through another 4 year rebuild then watch another season of 95-85 losses every night.


I agree. Christian seems like a nice enough fellow and he doesn't make excuses like our dickhead football coach but time to move on. Yes, I have changed my mind from a few weeks ago where I said they should retain him.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2005
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Karma: 193

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:13 am

i look forward to someone else getting chapman's 35 minutes per night

nice player but not one who should be on the floor all game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19063
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3212

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:15 am

Having 0 depth in Year 4 is also 100% on JC.

They’re literally down to a 6 man rotation
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

eepstein0 wrote:Having 0 depth in Year 4 is also 100% on JC.

They’re literally down to a 6 man rotation


This is what irritates me the most. There should be at least 2 more serviceable players on the bench. Btw, I think Popovic left the game early, anything serious?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2005
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Karma: 193

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

I realized that I didn't appreciate how poorly this team plays defense until I watched last night's game. Good God Almighty.
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15003
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2920

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 pm

I fairness, you can't crank up the defense when you are expected to go 38 and score 15+ every night in the ACC.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm

We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 120

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Can't imagine a scenario where Hamilton doesn't immediately start at the 3, pushing Chatman to the bench to run with Tabbs. Mitchell and Pop at the bigs with Reyes and Luka as depth there. Then you can go small at times. That's a 9 deep team, which is enough.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

Your head coach is Jimmy Christian
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: 27

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

Your head coach is Jimmy Christian


You calling Robinson pulling a Hanlan? Which Greek team you think he ends up playing for? You and TRE (rhymes with 16 ppg in the G League) should get a bet going.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:27 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

Your head coach is Jimmy Christian


You calling Robinson pulling a Hanlan? Which Greek team you think he ends up playing for? You and TRE (rhymes with 16 ppg in the G League) should get a bet going.


I would love to if Wacko Tobacco has still yet to learn anything from the repeated embarrassments
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: 27

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

Your head coach is Jimmy Christian


You calling Robinson pulling a Hanlan? Which Greek team you think he ends up playing for? You and TRE (rhymes with 16 ppg in the G League) should get a bet going.


The above is another terrible basketball team.

If Robinson were to leave, he'd probably get picked in the middle of the second round. His game has glaring issues when you translate it to the NBA level.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so


Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby angrychicken on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

Your head coach is Jimmy Christian


You calling Robinson pulling a Hanlan? Which Greek team you think he ends up playing for? You and TRE (rhymes with 16 ppg in the G League) should get a bet going.


I would love to if Wacko Tobacco has still yet to learn anything from the repeated embarrassments

Does this look like the kind of guy who would learn anything from repeated embarrassments?

Image
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16435
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15705

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so


Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?


If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Wacko Tobacco

This just earned you bookoo points in the 2018 Worst Poster standings.
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15003
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2920

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:28 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so


Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?


If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.


Other teams are still going to abuse BC defensively.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so


Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?


If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.


Other teams are still going to abuse BC defensively.


Like I said, their defensive issues are directly correlated to the inability to substitute.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

angrychicken wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

Your head coach is Jimmy Christian


You calling Robinson pulling a Hanlan? Which Greek team you think he ends up playing for? You and TRE (rhymes with 16 ppg in the G League) should get a bet going.


I would love to if Wacko Tobacco has still yet to learn anything from the repeated embarrassments

Does this look like the kind of guy who would learn anything from repeated embarrassments?

Image


You might say he is a glutton for Funishment!
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: 27

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:05 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so


Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?


If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.


Other teams are still going to abuse BC defensively.


Like I said, their defensive issues are directly correlated to the inability to substitute.


Exactly, and we will benefit with depth... Bringing Robinson, Bowman, and Chatman's minutes down about 5-7 each and giving them to Tabbs will do a lot. This is evidenced directly by literally any basketball game you've ever played. Guarding talented players is absolutely terrible when you're exhausted and have been fighting through screens and sprinting up and down the court for 35 minutes.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 120

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby guru2 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:50 am

Primetime wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:We didn’t cover anyone. This is a broken Notre Dame team, one that looked like it had given up on the season the last few games. Can we all agree now the Christian-era farce need to end now?


I’m not really sure what the benefit of retaining Christian is at this point.

I’d rather suffer through another 4 year rebuild then watch another season of 95-85 losses every night.


I'm usually as optimistic as anybody on this board - but I will say that while the competitiveness of the team is much improved from prior years, there need to be results at some point. 4-7 in the ACC ain't great. There are a lot of winnable games remaining, but if I were MJ I would consider the gap between 5-6 ACC wins and 8-9 ACC wins when thinking of retaining Christian.

Of note is the fact that while the team's overall record is 14-10, their record against "quality" teams (i.e. those ranked in the Top 65 per Kenpom.com) is just 2-10.

what about the 1 point loss/moral victory at UVa? That is worth 6 victories right?
guru2
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:57 pm
Karma: 35

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby Primetime on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 am

guru2 wrote:
Primetime wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:We didn’t cover anyone. This is a broken Notre Dame team, one that looked like it had given up on the season the last few games. Can we all agree now the Christian-era farce need to end now?


I’m not really sure what the benefit of retaining Christian is at this point.

I’d rather suffer through another 4 year rebuild then watch another season of 95-85 losses every night.


I'm usually as optimistic as anybody on this board - but I will say that while the competitiveness of the team is much improved from prior years, there need to be results at some point. 4-7 in the ACC ain't great. There are a lot of winnable games remaining, but if I were MJ I would consider the gap between 5-6 ACC wins and 8-9 ACC wins when thinking of retaining Christian.

Of note is the fact that while the team's overall record is 14-10, their record against "quality" teams (i.e. those ranked in the Top 65 per Kenpom.com) is just 2-10.

what about the 1 point loss/moral victory at UVa? That is worth 6 victories right?


Crawl back into your hole you sad little man..."guru"
Primetime
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 8:49 am
Karma: 48

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:22 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so


Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?


If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.


Other teams are still going to abuse BC defensively.


Like I said, their defensive issues are directly correlated to the inability to substitute.


Exactly, and we will benefit with depth... Bringing Robinson, Bowman, and Chatman's minutes down about 5-7 each and giving them to Tabbs will do a lot. This is evidenced directly by literally any basketball game you've ever played. Guarding talented players is absolutely terrible when you're exhausted and have been fighting through screens and sprinting up and down the court for 35 minutes.


This doesn’t explain why our defense blows in the first half also
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so


Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?


If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.


Other teams are still going to abuse BC defensively.


Like I said, their defensive issues are directly correlated to the inability to substitute.


Exactly, and we will benefit with depth... Bringing Robinson, Bowman, and Chatman's minutes down about 5-7 each and giving them to Tabbs will do a lot. This is evidenced directly by literally any basketball game you've ever played. Guarding talented players is absolutely terrible when you're exhausted and have been fighting through screens and sprinting up and down the court for 35 minutes.


This doesn’t explain why our defense blows in the first half also


Yes, it does.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm

eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19063
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3212

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm

claver2010 wrote:eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes


Defense is effort. Easier to do it if you are playing 33 instead of 40 and if there is a viable threat on the bench to sub for you if you lollygag.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:08 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes


Defense is effort. Easier to do it if you are playing 33 instead of 40 and if there is a viable threat on the bench to sub for you if you lollygag.


I’m not saying it wouldn’t improve with depth, but none of these guards are capable of playing defense.

John Cahill and Gabe Moton would run circles around any guard on this roster on defense which is a sad state of affairs.

Mitchell is a good defensive player, the rest are bad no matter how many minutes they play
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes


Defense is effort. Easier to do it if you are playing 33 instead of 40 and if there is a viable threat on the bench to sub for you if you lollygag.


I’m not saying it wouldn’t improve with depth, but none of these guards are capable of playing defense.


This is dumb. Any half ass decent athlete is capable of playing defense. BC guards are way above average athletes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32686
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2474

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes


Defense is effort. Easier to do it if you are playing 33 instead of 40 and if there is a viable threat on the bench to sub for you if you lollygag.


I’m not saying it wouldn’t improve with depth, but none of these guards are capable of playing defense.


This is dumb. Any half ass decent athlete is capable of playing defense. BC guards are way above average athletes.


The fact you think that 3 guards who will have played 8 combined seasons of college basketball are magically going to flip some switch and actually play defense is ridiculous.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16862
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Untitled document