Notre Dame Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Notre Dame Game Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Both Boston teams decided to have three point shooting contests with teams that shoot better than they do..

BCs shots are contested.

NDs shots are wide open

Both home teams have license. Toronto is molesting the Celtics

To your point, BC with 12 fouls, ND with 5...

This has nothing to do with the officials

This game had a shit ton to do with the way it was called. You are a moron.

It didn’t but whatever. BC leaving shooters wide open all night is the story of this game

Too bad they couldn't tackle like the white stiff Hoosier lineup from south bend.

One of the guards would’ve needed to be close enough to actually tackle someone.

Pour, more, gin
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:44 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:We didn’t cover anyone. This is a broken Notre Dame team, one that looked like it had given up on the season the last few games. Can we all agree now the Christian-era farce need to end now?

I’m not really sure what the benefit of retaining Christian is at this point.

I’d rather suffer through another 4 year rebuild then watch another season of 95-85 losses every night.

I agree. Christian seems like a nice enough fellow and he doesn't make excuses like our dickhead football coach but time to move on. Yes, I have changed my mind from a few weeks ago where I said they should retain him.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:13 am

i look forward to someone else getting chapman's 35 minutes per night

nice player but not one who should be on the floor all game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:15 am

Having 0 depth in Year 4 is also 100% on JC.

They’re literally down to a 6 man rotation
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Having 0 depth in Year 4 is also 100% on JC.

They’re literally down to a 6 man rotation

This is what irritates me the most. There should be at least 2 more serviceable players on the bench. Btw, I think Popovic left the game early, anything serious?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

I realized that I didn't appreciate how poorly this team plays defense until I watched last night's game. Good God Almighty.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 pm

I fairness, you can't crank up the defense when you are expected to go 38 and score 15+ every night in the ACC.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm

We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Can't imagine a scenario where Hamilton doesn't immediately start at the 3, pushing Chatman to the bench to run with Tabbs. Mitchell and Pop at the bigs with Reyes and Luka as depth there. Then you can go small at times. That's a 9 deep team, which is enough.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

Your head coach is Jimmy Christian
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

You calling Robinson pulling a Hanlan? Which Greek team you think he ends up playing for? You and TRE (rhymes with 16 ppg in the G League) should get a bet going.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Your starting lineup next year is Bowman, Chatman, Hamilton, Mitchell, Popovic

You calling Robinson pulling a Hanlan? Which Greek team you think he ends up playing for? You and TRE (rhymes with 16 ppg in the G League) should get a bet going.

I would love to if Wacko Tobacco has still yet to learn anything from the repeated embarrassments

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The above is another terrible basketball team.

If Robinson were to leave, he'd probably get picked in the middle of the second round. His game has glaring issues when you translate it to the NBA level.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so

Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I would love to if Wacko Tobacco has still yet to learn anything from the repeated embarrassments

Does this look like the kind of guy who would learn anything from repeated embarrassments?

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:We really don't need Hamilton and Tabbs decommitting with a coaching change. I also think the depth Tabbs will add being able to spot Ky and Jerome will be very valuable, and we'll have Luka, Pop and Steffon Mitchell as bigs depth. Chatman will be someone who probably will start at the 3 next year unless they put Hamilton there and Mitchell at the 4 with Chatman providing 20 or so minutes of guard depth. I like the future. Next year will be the show me year, but I want to see them finish this year in the NIT with 18 wins or so

Do you really think this team will be significantly improved with Hamilton & Tabbs?

If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Wacko Tobacco

This just earned you bookoo points in the 2018 Worst Poster standings.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If all the first round draft picks stay, yes, its a tremendous improvement. The depth alone could give them 3-4 more wins, but if these two play to their accolades, then it could be more than that. I get your value to the board as a purveyor of tropes, but to suggest otherwise is kind of dumb. You're better than this, stick to picking on the Eddie Odios.

Other teams are still going to abuse BC defensively.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Like I said, their defensive issues are directly correlated to the inability to substitute.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Does this look like the kind of guy who would learn anything from repeated embarrassments?

You might say he is a glutton for Funishment!

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:05 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Like I said, their defensive issues are directly correlated to the inability to substitute.

Exactly, and we will benefit with depth... Bringing Robinson, Bowman, and Chatman's minutes down about 5-7 each and giving them to Tabbs will do a lot. This is evidenced directly by literally any basketball game you've ever played. Guarding talented players is absolutely terrible when you're exhausted and have been fighting through screens and sprinting up and down the court for 35 minutes.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby guru2 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:50 am

Primetime {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:We didn’t cover anyone. This is a broken Notre Dame team, one that looked like it had given up on the season the last few games. Can we all agree now the Christian-era farce need to end now?

I’d rather suffer through another 4 year rebuild then watch another season of 95-85 losses every night.

I'm usually as optimistic as anybody on this board - but I will say that while the competitiveness of the team is much improved from prior years, there need to be results at some point. 4-7 in the ACC ain't great. There are a lot of winnable games remaining, but if I were MJ I would consider the gap between 5-6 ACC wins and 8-9 ACC wins when thinking of retaining Christian.

Of note is the fact that while the team's overall record is 14-10, their record against "quality" teams (i.e. those ranked in the Top 65 per Kenpom.com) is just 2-10.

what about the 1 point loss/moral victory at UVa? That is worth 6 victories right?
guru2
Carney Hall

Postby Primetime on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 am

guru2 {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'm usually as optimistic as anybody on this board - but I will say that while the competitiveness of the team is much improved from prior years, there need to be results at some point. 4-7 in the ACC ain't great. There are a lot of winnable games remaining, but if I were MJ I would consider the gap between 5-6 ACC wins and 8-9 ACC wins when thinking of retaining Christian.

Of note is the fact that while the team's overall record is 14-10, their record against "quality" teams (i.e. those ranked in the Top 65 per Kenpom.com) is just 2-10.

what about the 1 point loss/moral victory at UVa? That is worth 6 victories right?

Crawl back into your hole you sad little man..."guru"
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:22 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Exactly, and we will benefit with depth... Bringing Robinson, Bowman, and Chatman's minutes down about 5-7 each and giving them to Tabbs will do a lot. This is evidenced directly by literally any basketball game you've ever played. Guarding talented players is absolutely terrible when you're exhausted and have been fighting through screens and sprinting up and down the court for 35 minutes.

This doesn’t explain why our defense blows in the first half also
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This doesn’t explain why our defense blows in the first half also

Yes, it does.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm

eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes

Defense is effort. Easier to do it if you are playing 33 instead of 40 and if there is a viable threat on the bench to sub for you if you lollygag.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:eh yes and no, some of them would be terrible at defense IRregardless of minutes

Defense is effort. Easier to do it if you are playing 33 instead of 40 and if there is a viable threat on the bench to sub for you if you lollygag.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t improve with depth, but none of these guards are capable of playing defense.

John Cahill and Gabe Moton would run circles around any guard on this roster on defense which is a sad state of affairs.

Mitchell is a good defensive player, the rest are bad no matter how many minutes they play
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I’m not saying it wouldn’t improve with depth, but none of these guards are capable of playing defense.

This is dumb. Any half ass decent athlete is capable of playing defense. BC guards are way above average athletes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is dumb. Any half ass decent athlete is capable of playing defense. BC guards are way above average athletes.

The fact you think that 3 guards who will have played 8 combined seasons of college basketball are magically going to flip some switch and actually play defense is ridiculous.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum