Richmond game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Richmond game thread

Postby BC923 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Chatman is on fire
BC923
Merkert Hall

Re: Richmond game thread

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:19 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Chatman is on fire

5-for-8 from three point land
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Stop taking 3 point shots guys! You are only up by one, you might lose the game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:38 pm

okay now you are behind
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Low basketball IQ and remarkably bad coaching from Sister Christian. I can’t tell you how terrible Richmond is this year.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:48 pm

overtime
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Low basketball IQ and remarkably bad coaching from Sister Christian. I can’t tell you how terrible Richmond is this year.

if they wind up losing this game (right before Christmas break) that is a disaster
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:49 pm

OT with Richmond. Brilliant.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:50 pm

This should be JC's last game. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:07 pm

I'll take it a win is a win. But wow that was ugly.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:OT with Richmond. Brilliant.

Okay they got lucky in OT, hit their shots. The players can now go home and enjoy their Christmas.

You can't live at the 3-point line in college basketball, you can't. You can't live there at any level actually. Sure, if you go 15-for-26, yeah you are going to beat #1 Duke. If you go 10-for-25 (which is what this team will do much more often) then you have to go to OT to beat fucking Richmond.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:10 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I'll take it a win is a win. But wow that was ugly.

They took what could have been a real bad loss, and turned it into a very close win. Play like that vs any ACC team, they lose. Maybe it will be a wake-up call?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:59 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Okay they got lucky in OT, hit their shots. The players can now go home and enjoy their Christmas.

You can't live at the 3-point line in college basketball, you can't. You can't live there at any level actually. Sure, if you go 15-for-26, yeah you are going to beat #1 Duke. If you go 10-for-25 (which is what this team will do much more often) then you have to go to OT to beat fucking Richmond.

Teams basically live at the 3 point line at all levels.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I don't think we are communicating. Yes, all teams need to be able to shoot some threes.

When I say, don't live at the three point line, what I mean is that you can't count on having three point shots be the primary focus of our offensive strategy. You can't begin the game and count on 45 points from the three point line, every game. If you have a clear, unimpeded shot, you can't pass to anyone on the inside at the basket, and time is running out, take the shot. No problem. If your team is taking 25 to 30 three-point shots a game because you can NEVER get to the hoop, no one is ever open for a normal shot, and you are shooting in close coverage and desparation, then no, that sucks. That is not a viable offensive strategy. You are going lose way more than you will win. Stephen Curry is awesome, but most basketball players are not that awesome particularly in college.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:16 pm

13 posts in this thread and 8 of them belong to nospace. for this alone jimmy Mac should be fired
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:01 pm

Predictable let down game. All that counts is the W.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Manny on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:48 am

It's so weird that this question just randomly popped into my head, but just out of curiosity, are there still people here who have the power to change other people's posts?
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:21 am

Wake beat Richmond by 30
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:21 am

Manny {l Wrote}:It's so weird that this question just randomly popped into my head, but just out of curiosity, are there still people here who have the power to change other people's posts?

yes, and I like weeners.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I don't think we are communicating. Yes, all teams need to be able to shoot some threes.

When I say, don't live at the three point line, what I mean is that you can't count on having three point shots be the primary focus of our offensive strategy. You can't begin the game and count on 45 points from the three point line, every game. If you have a clear, unimpeded shot, you can't pass to anyone on the inside at the basket, and time is running out, take the shot. No problem. If your team is taking 25 to 30 three-point shots a game because you can NEVER get to the hoop, no one is ever open for a normal shot, and you are shooting in close coverage and desparation, then no, that sucks. That is not a viable offensive strategy. You are going lose way more than you will win. Stephen Curry is awesome, but most basketball players are not that awesome particularly in college.

Golden State
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:30 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Wake beat Richmond by 30

Because the transitive property always works
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Richmond is a bad team picked to be in the bottom half of the A10–unlike the Nonnies who just beat Syracuse in the dome despite going 15 minutes without scoring a point in the second half. What do you think about that Epstein?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Richmond is so bad that Ewing kept them on the schedule.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Wake beat Richmond by 30

Because the transitive property always works

For kissing dicks? Abolsutely
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Richmond is a bad team picked to be in the bottom half of the A10–unlike the Nonnies who just beat Syracuse in the dome despite going 15 minutes without scoring a point in the second half. What do you think about that Epstein?

I couldn’t care less. It’s a win.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bcfan85 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:19 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Richmond is a bad team picked to be in the bottom half of the A10–unlike the Nonnies who just beat Syracuse in the dome despite going 15 minutes without scoring a point in the second half. What do you think about that Epstein?

Could
Last edited by bcfan85 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcfan85
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 am

bcfan85 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Could

:dildodog
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:27 pm

bcfan85 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Could

Fuckin' hoops weirdos
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Conte Forum