Duke game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Duke game thread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:11 pm

I missed the game, but I'm really happy for the players. Good work, men.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:15 pm

impevan {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It is always good to beat Coach Rat Face. And I hope Jimmy Christian enjoyed it and reminisces about this game next year when he is coaching Akron or Bowling Green.

What's wrong with you?

This 9903's newest aliass?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

I fail to understand how you can play the way they did against Hartford and back it up with today’s performance.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:57 pm

That was the fullest Conte has looked on tv in ages
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:08 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:That was the fullest Conte has looked on tv in ages

The 4,500 Duke fans helped
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Ky almost had a triple double: 30pts, 10 Rebs, 9 Assts. Holy shit.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Jimmy macs record is what it is but bc consistently got easy baskets out of timeouts, impressive
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:43 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Jimmy macs record is what it is but bc consistently got easy baskets out of timeouts, impressive

He's a weird case. Consistently gets outdone in game plans and the big picture, but routinely gets the better of superior coaches out of dead ball situations. I don't understand how his mind works to produce those outcomes
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:37 am

impevan {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It is always good to beat Coach Rat Face. And I hope Jimmy Christian enjoyed it and reminisces about this game next year when he is coaching Akron or Bowling Green.

What's wrong with you?

What’s wrong with you? One freakish upset when the team shoots 60% from behind the three point line does not excuse failure after failure after failure. Moreover, if you actually watched the game and knew about basketball you’d know that yesterday was not the result of a brilliant game plan or that the team demonstrated that it was particularly well-coached. Lest you forget, Beeker beat the #1 ranked Syracuse Orange, on the road, because his team was 11-22 from behind the arc. He was promptly and correctly fired at the end of the year—the only tragedy there being the hiring of Jimmy Christian.

In sum, because of the way the game was won and because of the construction of the roster and the past performance of the program under Christian, I do not think this win marks a turning point, but rather a statiscally probable upset that was almost inevitable to occur once in four years. As such, I expect that the team will return to its statiscal norm from here on out.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 am

Anyone who thinks this will amount to anything more than our being listed as a "bad loss" on Duke's resume during selection time is deluding themselves
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Anyone who thinks this will amount to anything more than our being listed as a "bad loss" on Duke's resume during selection time is deluding themselves

this. We’ll be the reason dook doesn’t get a 1 seed
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:47 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Anyone who thinks this will amount to anything more than our being listed as a "bad loss" on Duke's resume during selection time is deluding themselves

this. We’ll be the reason dook doesn’t get a 1 seed

Or the reason everyone is pissed off that they got a 1 seed.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:37 am

If they win less than 6 acc games, sister Christian needs to go
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:55 am

To be fair, the team at least has 5 players who are ACC quality. That's an accomplishment and should be acknowledged. Also, and I've been saying this for years, the way BC can win with regularity in the ACC is being a physical/Old-Big-East team. In a lot of ways, BC out-muscled Duke yesterday. That's the way I like to see BC teams play.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:To be fair, the team at least has 5 players who are ACC quality. That's an accomplishment and should be acknowledged. Also, and I've been saying this for years, the way BC can win with regularity in the ACC is being a physical/Old-Big-East team. In a lot of ways, BC out-muscled Duke yesterday. That's the way I like to see BC teams play.

This is true. We've had some decent players in these last few years, but this team has a few players outside of Bowman/Robinson that belong. It's a shame that Hawkins got hurt, but I still think Chatman is a solid role player, Mitchell is tough and smart, and Popovic looks like he's actually becoming a pretty decent center. We definitely struggle for depth, and I don't think Christian is a very good coach, but this team is the best since Donahue's first year, which is a low bar to clear, but does still feel a little bit good.

FWIW I thought Coach K had a pretty terrible game as well, though to give us credit we took advantage
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 am

random thoughts

-i was there - at least 50% duke fans
-really happy for the kids...they play in front of a morgue all the time
-impressed we outrebounded duke
-next 3 games: columbia, central conn, richmond - 10-3 (1-0) should be the expectation.
-next 3 in conference games: @UVA, vs. Clemson, vs. Wake: Gotta go 2-1 in those.

If we get to 12-4 (3-1)...would be a great start.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm

I checked and Columbia, CCSU, and Richmond are all sub-200 in kenpom rank. Richmond apparently fell off quite a bit since last year. If we could avoid the post-big-win letdown a la 2009 (Harvard after UNC, remember that?), this would be the first season without a WTF non conf loss since the 20-0 year
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I checked and Columbia, CCSU, and Richmond are all sub-200 in kenpom rank. Richmond apparently fell off quite a bit since last year. If we could avoid the post-big-win letdown a la 2009 (Harvard after UNC, remember that?), this would be the first season without a WTF non conf loss since the 20-0 year

It would be the most BC thing ever to lose to one of these teams.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:35 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:random thoughts

-next 3 games: columbia, central conn, richmond - 10-3 (1-0) should be the expectation.
-next 3 in conference games: @UVA, vs. Clemson, vs. Wake: Gotta go 2-1 in those.

12-4 with this win over Duke (even though they had to go 15 for 26 from the 3-point line) and BC is ranked in the top 25.

12-4 with this win over Duke, and BC is at least a 50% shot at bubbling in to the REAL tournament. I seriously doubt they go 12-4.

Let's be absolutely frank here; any division-1 hoops team that goes 15-for-26 from 3 point range (and shoots 80% from the charity stripe) should not only beat any team in all of division-1 basketball, they should rout them. If BC was a serious ACC team, going 15-for-26 from 3-point land means they beat Duke by 10 points or more. It should be a blow out even if Duke goes 93% from their charity stripe. As it is, this is (or should I say, was) the best win for BC hoops IMHO since they knocked off UNC back in March of 1994. That Duke team is way-the-fuck better than that 25-0 Syracuse team from 4 years ago. That is the only reason why the game ended as close as it was.

You hit 15-for-26 at 3-point range, you win. Pure and simple, you win. There is no defense for that. And with only 20 minute halves, the other team is never going to have enough time on the clock to overcome that much offensive point scoring efficiency. That said, there is not much of a chance that happens again all season. I am super happy for the players, the coach, the students, and the alumni, but you can't build a winning season and an offensive game strategy on shooting almost 60% from 3-point-range. All that is, is a desperation offense that is much like a broken clock, right twice per day.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 am

So how many ACC teams are just so-so and can be beaten by BC realistically?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:random thoughts

12-4 with this win over Duke (even though they had to go 15 for 26 from the 3-point line) and BC is ranked in the top 25.

12-4 with this win over Duke, and BC is at least a 50% shot at bubbling in to the REAL tournament. I seriously doubt they go 12-4.

Let's be absolutely frank here; any division-1 hoops team that goes 15-for-26 from 3 point range (and shoots 80% from the charity stripe) should not only beat any team in all of division-1 basketball, they should rout them. If BC was a serious ACC team, going 15-for-26 from 3-point land means they beat Duke by 10 points or more. It should be a blow out even if Duke goes 93% from their charity stripe. As it is, this is (or should I say, was) the best win for BC hoops IMHO since they knocked off UNC back in March of 1994. That Duke team is way-the-fuck better than that 25-0 Syracuse team from 4 years ago. That is the only reason why the game ended as close as it was.

You hit 15-for-26 at 3-point range, you win. Pure and simple, you win. There is no defense for that. And with only 20 minute halves, the other team is never going to have enough time on the clock to overcome that much offensive point scoring efficiency. That said, there is not much of a chance that happens again all season. I am super happy for the players, the coach, the students, and the alumni, but you can't build a winning season and an offensive game strategy on shooting almost 60% from 3-point-range. All that is, is a desperation offense that is much like a broken clock, right twice per day.

you are a clown
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:20 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:... you are a clown

his ibsolutes in his post about how bc HAS to win at 15 for 26 reeks a lot of "shinskie is a man so of course he will be as good as or better than chris weinke"

i pity all of you that still read his shit... especially his shit where he is pretending to know things about football or basketball. i self-admittedly do not like sports and even i know more than nospace on these topics. sure, he can be an expert on the legality of raping his wife... i'll give him that one, but beyond that his opinion is about as useful as a hansen boner is a room full of attractive women over the age of 18
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:... you are a clown

his ibsolutes in his post about how bc HAS to win at 15 for 26 reeks a lot of "shinskie is a man so of course he will be as good as or better than chris weinke"

i pity all of you that still read his shit... especially his shit where he is pretending to know things about football or basketball. i self-admittedly do not like sports and even i know more than nospace on these topics. sure, he can be an expert on the legality of raping his wife... i'll give him that one, but beyond that his opinion is about as useful as a hansen boner is a room full of attractive women over the age of 18

What did BC shoot from 3-point land? And how about from the charity stripe?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:13 pm

i know - even his terminology is cringie.

i bet he says things like "lol" and "tbh" out loud to people in his workplace. smh
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:51 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:12-4 with this win over Duke (even though they had to go 15 for 26 from the 3-point line) and BC is ranked in the top 25.

You're out of your mind.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum