Providence Gameday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Providence Gameday

Postby jbrooks58 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:35 pm

I will not be watching this game. I have feeling it's gonna end badly tonight for BC. Hopefully I'm wrong.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Re: Providence Gameday

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Bowman has pink pigtails.

:shrug
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Bowman’s hair is odd.

If you want to be a bubble team you’re going to need a few of these
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:26 pm

We're actually winning? Hawkins is amazing.

EDIT-spoke too soon
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:29 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:We're actually winning? Hawkins is amazing.

EDIT-spoke too soon

The difference in talent between these two teams is still a little startling. PC is pretty much all Top 100 kids
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Need to shoot the ball better.

Cartwright also commits a dribbling violation on every possession
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:39 pm

any time mez is in it's a bad sign
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby jbrooks58 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Typical Jerome. Decides not to show up for a big game.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

EDIT-spoke too soon

The difference in talent between these two teams is still a little startling. PC is pretty much all Top 100 kids

Stop
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:Typical Jerome. Decides not to show up for a big game.

They’re not going to beat good teams when our two best players perform like tonight
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

EDIT-spoke too soon

Stop

The depth of talent PC rolls out is pretty impressive, it’s just not well coached. Ever
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:17 pm

They need to remove Robinson from the game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm

on a somewhat related note, did roonie get murtered?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bender on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Our team still has a lack of depth, and as stated above the difference in raw talent to work with is definitely in PCs favor. I think this is the best starting lineup since Donahue's first season. The key is to keep building, and not lose transfers so we can actually build up a full roster and not have to count on young players before they are ready. Of the top 15 recruits this decade, 7 have transferred out before finishing their careers (this is based on my opinion of the players, not based on any objective assessment.) Hopefully we can keep all our returning players and keep building on what is looking like a nice step toward our goals for the program.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:Our team still has a lack of depth, and as stated above the difference in raw talent to work with is definitely in PCs favor. I think this is the best starting lineup since Donahue's first season. The key is to keep building, and not lose transfers so we can actually build up a full roster and not have to count on young players before they are ready. Of the top 15 recruits this decade, 7 have transferred out before finishing their careers (this is based on my opinion of the players, not based on any objective assessment.) Hopefully we can keep all our returning players and keep building on what is looking like a nice step toward our goals for the program.

There’s no chance either guard, Hawkins or the Head Coach is back next year.

The officiating sucks tonight as evidence by JC getting a warning for being in the coaches box
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Nationally, there are not two more over-rated players than our two guards
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Bender {l Wrote}:Our team still has a lack of depth, and as stated above the difference in raw talent to work with is definitely in PCs favor. I think this is the best starting lineup since Donahue's first season. The key is to keep building, and not lose transfers so we can actually build up a full roster and not have to count on young players before they are ready. Of the top 15 recruits this decade, 7 have transferred out before finishing their careers (this is based on my opinion of the players, not based on any objective assessment.) Hopefully we can keep all our returning players and keep building on what is looking like a nice step toward our goals for the program.

The officiating sucks tonight as evidence by JC getting a warning for being in the coaches box

Obviously Hawkins won't be back, but where are Robinson or Bowman going? Is this about them thinking they should declare for the draft? I have no idea about the inner workings of the team, but I don't understand why they have so many transfers given that none of them are going to the NBA.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Bender {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Obviously Hawkins won't be back, but where are Robinson or Bowman going? Is this about them thinking they should declare for the draft? I have no idea about the inner workings of the team, but I don't understand why they have so many transfers given that none of them are going to the NBA.

There’s been a mix of problems (academic, PT, etc.).

You’ll notice the kids who left for the most part BC got involved at the last second, didn’t get to know the kid, and he bombed out.

Milon is the exception
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm

This is the first real clunker of the year. Forget it and move onto Wednesday which is a big one
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:02 pm

They shoot free throws like they are throwing hand grenades. Sign of a poorly coached team. Have to teach them the fundies. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:25 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:They shoot free throws like they are throwing hand grenades. Sign of a poorly coached team. Have to teach them the fundies. :ace

Indeed. At one point in the first half they missed 6 in a row.

The team with the exception of Robinson didn't play that horribly. PC was making every shot.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Missed this one. Probably enhanced my Saturday night, from a quick IB of the box score
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:They shoot free throws like they are throwing hand grenades. Sign of a poorly coached team. Have to teach them the fundies. :ace

Indeed. At one point in the first half they missed 6 in a row.

The team with the exception of Robinson didn't play that horribly. PC was making every shot.

They were pretty horrible in long stretches of the game
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby lobstalova on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The first part is the kind of statement that gets you locked up in Ashecliffe Hospital.

can we bet some internet dollars that Robinson and Bowman are both back next year?
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:18 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The first part is the kind of statement that gets you locked up in Ashecliffe Hospital.

can we bet some internet dollars that Robinson and Bowman are both back next year?

What would make you think they’re coming back? I’m not thinking the NBA Draft for either
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Bender {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You’ll notice the kids who left for the most part BC got involved at the last second, didn’t get to know the kid, and he bombed out.

Milon is the exception

You are still a racist piece of shit I see.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Bender {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Milon is the exception

You are still a racist piece of shit I see.

Nope but good try. Milon moves on for PT reasons. Graves also forgot about him.

Guys like SBT, Diablo, etc. were not welcome back.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby lobstalova on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:11 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What would make you think they’re coming back? I’m not thinking the NBA Draft for either

Because they're not ready for the NBA and any money they could make in Europe won't change and can wait a year or two.

They are both starting guards on an ACC team and get plenty of exposure, you think they'll transfer?
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:27 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Because they're not ready for the NBA and any money they could make in Europe won't change and can wait a year or two.

They are both starting guards on an ACC team and get plenty of exposure, you think they'll transfer?

Robinson should have his degree by then and I don’t understand why Bowman would want to hang out through a coaching change
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Robinson should have his degree by then and I don’t understand why Bowman would want to hang out through a coaching change

wait - you think we'll fire a coach that gets us to the tournament (your early season prediction)? or are you saying that jimmy mac is going to get poached because of what a great and complete and deep team he put together?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum