Page 8 of 9

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:34 pm
by Corporal Funishment
My optimism stems from the fact that it's not really replacing Turner with Hawkins, it's replacing Tava with Hawkins

Also, Baker is listed at 6'7, 177. Yikes

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 pm
by eepstein0
Corporal Funishment wrote:My optimism stems from the fact that it's not really replacing Turner with Hawkins, it's replacing Tava with Hawkins

Also, Baker is listed at 6'7, 177. Yikes


Weight...room

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:52 am
by eepstein0
Good win in the Bahamas but 25 TOs is a ton

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:00 pm
by Primetime
Winning is always better than losing, even if the competition isn't great. ATL made a good point that a Bahamas trip is probably cheaper and more winnable than a Europe trip - a good combination for this team. "Tournament" results shown below with results from other US schools:
http://bbfn.web.geniussports.com/

A few thoughts based on box score review and not actually watching any of the game:
http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/BBFN/635699/bs.html

-We knew this going in, but this is Bowman and Robinson's team. They got big minutes and I'm a little nervous that BC had to play them that much to win.
-It'll be exciting to see what happens when they add Hawkins to the lineup. I've never seen him play but I imagine a stretch-4 would do wonders for this group re: floor spacing.
-Chatman with 20 pts. on 8/16 shooting is pretty solid. He led the team at +29 for the game.
-We need one of the freshmen to step up this year and Steffon Mitchell looks to be that guy. Led the team with 9 rebs and had 10 pts on 4-5 shooting. It'll be interesting to see if they start Mitchell and bring Chatman off the bench as a 3-point specialist.
-Popovic/Reyes rotating at the 5, which was expected.
-No minutes from Wilson/Baker. Again, kind of wish BC didn't need to play their best guys to beat a Bahamian team. Wouldn't be surprised if Baker redshirted - seems like he was a really late bloomer. Luckily, his dad was a late bloomer too and he turned out just fine.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:04 am
by Bender
Just from looking at the box score none of the guys who we hoped would step up have taken a leap, maybe one of the freshmen can step up, they apparently think Mitchell is one of their top five right now. I don't know if anyone sat for health reasons as opposed to just not being ready, but unless someone surprises this year it'll be another long season and probably Christian's last. We should be talking about Diallo, Milon, Turner, Barnes-Thompkins, and Graves trying to improve as opposed to hoping some mid level recruits were underrated to save us from another trainwreck of a season.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm
by eepstein0
Bender wrote:Just from looking at the box score none of the guys who we hoped would step up have taken a leap, maybe one of the freshmen can step up, they apparently think Mitchell is one of their top five right now. I don't know if anyone sat for health reasons as opposed to just not being ready, but unless someone surprises this year it'll be another long season and probably Christian's last. We should be talking about Diallo, Milon, Turner, Barnes-Thompkins, and Graves trying to improve as opposed to hoping some mid level recruits were underrated to save us from another trainwreck of a season.


It's impossible to tell anything from a box score and competition that looks not great from the footage I can find.

Plus they're without Hawkins.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:51 pm
by eepstein0
Primetime wrote:Winning is always better than losing, even if the competition isn't great. ATL made a good point that a Bahamas trip is probably cheaper and more winnable than a Europe trip - a good combination for this team. "Tournament" results shown below with results from other US schools:
http://bbfn.web.geniussports.com/

A few thoughts based on box score review and not actually watching any of the game:
http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/BBFN/635699/bs.html

-We knew this going in, but this is Bowman and Robinson's team. They got big minutes and I'm a little nervous that BC had to play them that much to win.
-It'll be exciting to see what happens when they add Hawkins to the lineup. I've never seen him play but I imagine a stretch-4 would do wonders for this group re: floor spacing.
-Chatman with 20 pts. on 8/16 shooting is pretty solid. He led the team at +29 for the game.
-We need one of the freshmen to step up this year and Steffon Mitchell looks to be that guy. Led the team with 9 rebs and had 10 pts on 4-5 shooting. It'll be interesting to see if they start Mitchell and bring Chatman off the bench as a 3-point specialist.
-Popovic/Reyes rotating at the 5, which was expected.
-No minutes from Wilson/Baker. Again, kind of wish BC didn't need to play their best guys to beat a Bahamian team. Wouldn't be surprised if Baker redshirted - seems like he was a really late bloomer. Luckily, his dad was a late bloomer too and he turned out just fine.


I saw Nichols State on that list and had flashbacks to that game last season. No amount of gin will scrub that mess from my memory.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:52 am
by eepstein0
Another win yesterday in a game that wasn't as close as the final score.

Anyone know why Avery Wilson got 0 minutes? That doesn't bode well.

My boy went nuts for 28 in the win.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:59 am
by TobaccoRoadEagle
who's your boy again? this will be important to know when you start dropping cleveland steamers on the whole team come november/december

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:16 am
by twballgame9
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:who's your boy again? this will be important to know when you start dropping cleveland steamers on the whole team come november/december


i·ro·ny /ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 am
by TobaccoRoadEagle
twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:who's your boy again? this will be important to know when you start dropping cleveland steamers on the whole team come november/december


i·ro·ny /ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

thanks, chaz

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:38 pm
by longdistanceeagle
A last appearance; Wilson and Baker were hurt and did not participate fully in the practices preceding the tourney. That is the reason they DNP.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:42 pm
by DavidGordonsFoot
longdistanceeagle wrote:A last appearance; Wilson and Baker were hurt and did not participate fully in the practices preceding the tourney. That is the reason they DNP.

Talk about Stan Heath.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm
by TobaccoRoadEagle
longdistanceeagle wrote:A last appearance...

why?

i mean this in two ways... why would you need to come back and tell us this as your last appearance? who gains what from you doing that. also, why is this your last appearance? your inside information and insight is always greatly appreciated and enjoyed in this partsjust kidding, mrs. mac - most here think you smell like jimmy mac's vagina

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:06 pm
by MattTheEagle
longdistanceeagle wrote:A last appearance; Wilson and Baker were hurt and did not participate fully in the practices preceding the tourney. That is the reason they DNP.

Do you have any inside information on who the next coach will be?

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 pm
by BCHerbert
BC is being listed by former 5 star player Dwayne Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein ... 732417?p=v

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:07 am
by BCSUPERFAN22
BCHerbert wrote:BC is being listed by former 5 star player Dwayne Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein ... 732417?p=v



He's from Maryland so not necessarily tied to Vegas/West Coast with family when considering schools

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 am
by eepstein0
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:BC is being listed by former 5 star player Dwayne Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein ... 732417?p=v



He's from Maryland so not necessarily tied to Vegas/West Coast with family when considering schools


Both Cheeks and Spinelli are well hooked up in DC

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:59 pm
by Tom Dooder
BCHerbert wrote:BC is being listed by former 5 star player Dwayne Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein ... 732417?p=v


Out for most of last year with a shoulder injury. Eligible in December. Why the hell not?

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:27 pm
by eepstein0
Tom Dooder wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:BC is being listed by former 5 star player Dwayne Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein ... 732417?p=v


Out for most of last year with a shoulder injury. Eligible in December. Why the hell not?


Yea I don't see the downside on this one. We are really thin on the wing

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:55 am
by HJS
eepstein0 wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:BC is being listed by former 5 star player Dwayne Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein ... 732417?p=v


Out for most of last year with a shoulder injury. Eligible in December. Why the hell not?


Yea I don't see the downside on this one. We are really thin on the wing

Wasn't he arrested for assault?

Link: https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/un ... ct-charge/

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:03 am
by eepstein0
HJS wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Tom Dooder wrote:
BCHerbert wrote:BC is being listed by former 5 star player Dwayne Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein ... 732417?p=v


Out for most of last year with a shoulder injury. Eligible in December. Why the hell not?


Yea I don't see the downside on this one. We are really thin on the wing

Wasn't he arrested for assault?

Link: https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/un ... ct-charge/


I'll make the assumption (maybe incorrectly) that BC vetted this before getting involved

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:24 pm
by TobaccoRoadEagle
i'm making the assumption that just because the kid listed bc does not mean that bc is involved...

Image

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:08 pm
by Logitano
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:i'm making the assumption that just because the kid listed bc does not mean that bc is involved...

Image


This. :ace

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:47 pm
by DomingoOrtiz
Sagay leaving?

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:17 pm
by Corporal Funishment
If this is a Jordan Daniels situation and Sagay is leaving because Baker is better, this could bode well for the future. If he's leaving for any other reason, this is best classified as bad

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 am
by eepstein0
Corporal Funishment wrote:If this is a Jordan Daniels situation and Sagay is leaving because Baker is better, this could bode well for the future. If he's leaving for any other reason, this is best classified as bad


Vin Baker is way too skinny to play many minutes this year although I can see the potential.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm
by Corporal Funishment
Jon Rothstein‏Verified account
@JonRothstein
22m22 minutes ago
More
Boston College transfer Mike Sagay tells me that he's committed to IUPUI.

--------------------------

I will be interested to see how he does.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:46 pm
by Shoreagle
Corporal Funishment wrote:Jon Rothstein‏Verified account
@JonRothstein
22m22 minutes ago
More
Boston College transfer Mike Sagay tells me that he's committed to IUPUI.

--------------------------

I will be interested to see how he does.


I think we can pretty much put 10.5 minutes, 3 pts., 2 rebounds in the book.

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 am
by HJS
Kevin Stallings out at Pitt. Completely understandable as no coach can really ever survive 0-for-conference.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -stallings