Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:29 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 37m37 minutes ago
More
Kerem Kanter told ESPN he will visit Xavier this weekend. Younger brother of Enes averaged 11.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg at Green Bay. Grad transfer.

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 37m37 minutes ago
More
Kanter told ESPN he's also heard from Kansas, Michigan State, UConn, NC State, Purdue, Baylor, Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, BC, URI, K-State, etc

----


I don't like our chances but I do like that we made it onto that second list before the "etc." cut-off

We're relevant!


This is the problem counting on 5th year big men


What's the proposed alternative? Go back in time and make Donahue recruit better and not allow any of them to transfer?


Having Christian beat out the mid-majors he lost 4's to the last few years


It's the above.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -319

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Missed this name, but Sean Obi is leaving Duke. Graduating in Spring (can 5th years transfer within conference ?) He started his career at Rice and went to Duke afterwards. He is originally from Westport, CT / Greens Farms Academy (he's Nigerian but I think a host family is in CT).

Hasnt been overly productive at Duke but avg. 12/10 at Rice. Believe he battled some injury issues the last few years, but he's 6'9/260
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 114

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Missed this name, but Sean Obi is leaving Duke. Graduating in Spring (can 5th years transfer within conference ?) He started his career at Rice and went to Duke afterwards. He is originally from Westport, CT / Greens Farms Academy (he's Nigerian but I think a host family is in CT).

Hasnt been overly productive at Duke but avg. 12/10 at Rice. Believe he battled some injury issues the last few years, but he's 6'9/260


has he already used his 5 years? i don't remember coach shuchefskee declaring him a red shirt but typically the transfers sit out a year wearing one
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20352
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5651

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Missed this name, but Sean Obi is leaving Duke. Graduating in Spring (can 5th years transfer within conference ?) He started his career at Rice and went to Duke afterwards. He is originally from Westport, CT / Greens Farms Academy (he's Nigerian but I think a host family is in CT).

Hasnt been overly productive at Duke but avg. 12/10 at Rice. Believe he battled some injury issues the last few years, but he's 6'9/260


has he already used his 5 years? i don't remember coach shuchefskee declaring him a red shirt but typically the transfers sit out a year wearing one


he has at least 1 year remaining. Based on the article I read, I took it to mean he would be treated as a traditional 5th graduate transfer
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 114

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:39 pm

I don't know that he can transfer to another ACC school without sitting out at least a year, the standard is you sit two.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Ask campion or TRE.
Karma: 118

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:57 am

BCEagles25 wrote:I don't know that he can transfer to another ACC school without sitting out at least a year, the standard is you sit two.


Not sure if that's true for 5th years however. I realize its not the ACC, but didn't Spike Albrecht transfer from Michigan to Purdue this past year ? Michigan also had a 5th year QB from Iowa, both obv in B10.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 114

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:07 am

think i read on the twitter machine this am that there's a 5th year transfer from pitt and the school is blocking acc schools but the player is working w the school to loosen the restrictions

so absurd
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17005
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2963

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:56 am

There are no restrictions on fifth years sitting if they transfer in-conference. The school may decide not to grant a player a release to in-conference schools if it wants to.
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -510

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 39m39 minutes ago
More
George Washington transfer Kevin Marfo tells me he will visit Quinnipiac on May 4th. Seton Hall also in the mix. #shbb

Would seem to suggest we didn't throw our hat in the ring
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -510

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:15 am

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
Another local PG dropped his commitment today, Makai Ashton Langford stepped away from Yukon. From Boston, played at Cushing or Brewster (247 and Rivals say different schools, doesnt really matter). BC offered orig, but apparently his final decision came down to Yukon, PC and Louisville. Claims the reason he decommitted was because he wants to have the ball in his hand more immediately, but its likely because Yukon is a dumpster fire right now (why would he orig commit with Jalen Adams being there if that was the case ?).


makai went to pc, don't blame him. if you want to stay local pc is the best program in ne right now
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17005
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2963

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:44 am

So does Turner transferring belong in this thread???
DomingoOrtiz
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7401
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 105

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 am

going to northwestern

amazing how a school can have high academic standards and yet still do well on the court
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17005
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2963

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:58 am

claver2010 wrote:going to northwestern

amazing how a school can have high academic standards and yet still do well on the court


The way people reacted to Turner at the Spring Game I found pretty odd.

Hopefully all goes well at NW for him
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -319

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 am

If the kid mans up, he could be a very good D1 player. That said, he plays like epstein's sister.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29751
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2412

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 am

eepstein0 wrote:The way people reacted to Turner at the Spring Game I found pretty odd.


What happened?
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14580
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2885

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:31 am

claver2010 wrote:going to northwestern

amazing how a school can have high academic standards and yet still do well on the court

...or even go .500.
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14580
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2885

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon May 15, 2017 5:45 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUGP6ONDAUy/?taken-by=_5ive

I am interested to see how this works out
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -510

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby eepstein0 on Mon May 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BUGP6ONDAUy/?taken-by=_5ive

I am interested to see how this works out


I'm glad to see after all these years he is finally trending towards sports that fit his athletic skill set. It sure as hell wasn't basketball.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -319

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 pm

For my own curiosity, this isn't seriously the roster we're entering this season with right?
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -319

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun May 28, 2017 1:17 pm

eepstein0 wrote:For my own curiosity, this isn't seriously the roster we're entering this season with right?


You know, I could post a couple of the names they're going after but I'm not going to because you'll just complain
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -510

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby eepstein0 on Sun May 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:For my own curiosity, this isn't seriously the roster we're entering this season with right?


You know, I could post a couple of the names they're going after but I'm not going to because you'll just complain


I've seen the names. Some would help, some would be Tava 2.0.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -319

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Thad Matta
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5060
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 607

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Sounds like Matta wants to take a year off to deal with his health issues before reuniting with his dear friend Martin Jarmond.
User avatar
Onyx Blackman
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am
Karma: 2686

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:34 pm

We might be getting some big news out of Houston soon as it relates to a forward
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -510

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Primetime on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:36 pm

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/roths ... n-college/

Looks like a solid get. Got our stretch 4.
Primetime
n00b
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 8:49 am
Karma: 43

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Primetime wrote:https://www.fanragsports.com/news/rothstein-illinois-state-transfer-hawkins-commits-boston-college/

Looks like a solid get. Got our stretch 4.


Bingo, this is what I was referring to. 3 point shooting is great not just for a 4 but for anyone, and he seems to have the size at least to play defense and rebound at a passable level. Illinois State was pretty good last year so he's coming from a team that won a lot. On the court, this guy is probably our number 3 or 4 scorer depending how Chatman plays next year. Off the court, it looks like this guy has had quite his share of "issues" ... google for yourself. Very helpful pickup and probably adds multiple ACC wins to our current roster as long as he can be good. between now and then.
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -510

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:52 pm

As a player, he looks good. Wish we could get some freshman that play forward, but no complaints about this guy. Need like 3 more bodies.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29751
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2412

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:
Primetime wrote:https://www.fanragsports.com/news/rothstein-illinois-state-transfer-hawkins-commits-boston-college/

Looks like a solid get. Got our stretch 4.


Bingo, this is what I was referring to. 3 point shooting is great not just for a 4 but for anyone, and he seems to have the size at least to play defense and rebound at a passable level. Illinois State was pretty good last year so he's coming from a team that won a lot. On the court, this guy is probably our number 3 or 4 scorer depending how Chatman plays next year. Off the court, it looks like this guy has had quite his share of "issues" ... google for yourself. Very helpful pickup and probably adds multiple ACC wins to our current roster as long as he can be good. between now and then.


Yea sign me up for this kid.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -319

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Holy shit, consensus.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29751
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2412

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 pm

A seemingly connected poster on TOS said a while ago that we will be starting 2 5th years in the upcoming year, implying that 1 more is coming.
Image

What can Brown do for you?
User avatar
ILikeBC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm
Karma: 194

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tom Dooder and 1 guest

Untitled document