Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaches Leaving/Transfer/5th Year Thread 2017

Postby thebs19 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanESPN
Fordham forward Chris Sengfelder told ESPN he will transfer. Will graduate. Averaged 12.1 ppg and 5.1 rpg. 6-foot-7 from Germany.

This seems too obvious.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:47 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanESPN
Fordham forward Chris Sengfelder told ESPN he will transfer. Will graduate. Averaged 12.1 ppg and 5.1 rpg. 6-foot-7 from Germany.

This seems too obvious.

no one that speaks german could be an evil man
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:53 pm

@GoodmanESPN

This seems too obvious.

I feel like we just went down this road with Tava did we not?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:08 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanESPN

This seems too obvious.

Its actually pretty identical numbers (Tava vs Sengfelder). Tava avg. 12/6 his So and Jr years at WMU. Its more or less the same player vs. similar competition (A10 vs MAC).

You need immediate help at the 4 which Marfo cant provide because of transfer rules (if he came) so out of desperation it could be a possibility, but it is basically Tava 2.0.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:16 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanESPN

This seems too obvious.

Its actually pretty identical numbers (Tava vs Sengfelder). Tava avg. 12/6 his So and Jr years at WMU. Its more or less the same player vs. similar competition (A10 vs MAC).

You need immediate help at the 4 which Marfo cant provide because of transfer rules (if he came) so out of desperation it could be a possibility, but it is basically Tava 2.0.

I have 0 interest in Tava 2.0. Absolutely none. I'd rather play the Euro kid.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:47 pm

@GoodmanESPN

This seems too obvious.

Agreed, there is a 1000% chance he joins the team.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 am

i've seen sengfelder play a bunch, he's better than tava but the first game he walks onto the floor the cries of not an acc athlete will rain down. you won't want to gouge your eyes out when he shoots a 3 like tava

not an impact 4 but 10-15 min per night he could be valuable.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:08 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Rumors that today will be JT3s final day of employment at Georgetown University.

And Tommy Amaker's Wikipedia page currently says "Head Coach of Georgetown"

I had season tickets for multiple years at Georgetown.

JTIII is horrendous at coaching basketball. His recruiting was decent though.

Article on Deadspin this morning is speculating that the Board stepped in, citing the support JT3 had from the administration.

The Board stepping in. Imagine that.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
@GoodmanESPN

This seems too obvious.

Yup. If it ain't broke...
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:35 am

I love how people think Sengfelder to BC is destined because he's white and and one of the five previous grad transfers we've gotten under this staff also happened to be white. 1000%!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:39 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I love how people think Sengfelder to BC is destined because he's white and and one of the five previous grad transfers we've gotten under this staff also happened to be white. 1000%!

I almost Roethlisbergered myself here. Good work.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby thebs19 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I love how people think Sengfelder to BC is destined because he's white and and one of the five previous grad transfers we've gotten under this staff also happened to be white. 1000%!

First off, as a balding Mormon whose only game is setting up at the 3 point line and chucking, with wide game to game variation in effectiveness, Jordan Chatman is the whitest white guy to every play for BC. So its 2.

And aside from the grad transfer route, have you noticed a common thread among most of the big men we've chased/got? Far more look like Chris Sengfelder's game than, say, Malik Ondigo.

But I guess we'll see.

And to be honest, it had less do with him being white, and more to do with him being an undersized frontcourt player with mediocre effectiveness from a mid major conference, which we went all in on last year and judging by the distribution of playing time when the season was over by December, the staff never seemed to question that strategy in favor of guys like Reyes or Sagay.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:41 am

I think it's destined because he is at Fordham, is undersized for his position and has made the A-10 All-Academic team like 8 years in a row.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Interest "buzz" for Sengfelder coming from Northwestern and Fairfield so far.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 24m24 minutes ago
More
UConn big man Steven Enoch has asked for his release to transfer, source told ESPN.

-------------------

I think this guy's better than Marfo. We weren't as close as we were on Marfo though. Warrants two (2) emergency signs

ImageImage

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 24m24 minutes ago
More
UConn big man Steven Enoch has asked for his release to transfer, source told ESPN.

-------------------

I think this guy's better than Marfo. We weren't as close as we were on Marfo though. Warrants two (2) emergency signs

ImageImage

FWIW, I was told by numerous people that this kid had no business playing at Yukon when he signed (he's from Norwalk, CT orig which isn't too far from me). Enoch maybe had slightly higher offer profile out of HS, but idk that it's fair to say he is definitely a better fit that Marfo. I think yukon started recruiting him early which lead to others piling on. He signs fairly early as well which is why it may be difficult to understand who else was actually under consideration if any at the time.
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 24m24 minutes ago
More

-------------------

ImageImage

Jimmy Mac can't afford to wait a year for guys to become eligible. He needs immediate help to save his ass.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Tweet saying BC has reached out to Nisre Zouzpua from Bryant. Has also heard from NCSU, Illinois, Mizzou, ASU and Maryland. Orig from Brockton and would have 2 years of elig after sitting out next year.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby joetim99 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:07 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Tweet saying BC has reached out to Nisre Zouzpua from Bryant. Has also heard from NCSU, Illinois, Mizzou, ASU and Maryland. Orig from Brockton and would have 2 years of elig after sitting out next year.

He averaged 20 pts a game as a soph this year. Shoots the three around 37%.
joetim99
n00b

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Eddie Fogler's hard at work helping UMass hire the guy who bailed after two days and leading a national search for OK State that ended with them hiring one of their own assistants, who happened to play for Fogler at South Carolina.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:39 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:

First off, as a balding Mormon whose only game is setting up at the 3 point line and chucking, with wide game to game variation in effectiveness, Jordan Chatman is the whitest white guy to every play for BC. So its 2.

And aside from the grad transfer route, have you noticed a common thread among most of the big men we've chased/got? Far more look like Chris Sengfelder's game than, say, Malik Ondigo.

But I guess we'll see.

And to be honest, it had less do with him being white, and more to do with him being an undersized frontcourt player with mediocre effectiveness from a mid major conference, which we went all in on last year and judging by the distribution of playing time when the season was over by December, the staff never seemed to question that strategy in favor of guys like Reyes or Sagay.

As President of the 3 and D Club, I laughed.

He did shoot 42% from 3, but it was like watching Chris Davis hit a baseball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Eddie Fogler's hard at work helping UMass hire the guy who bailed after two days and leading a national search for OK State that ended with them hiring one of their own assistants, who happened to play for Fogler at South Carolina.

I am also President, VP and Treasurer of the Eddie Fogler is An Idiot Club
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Eddie Fogler's hard at work helping UMass hire the guy who bailed after two days and leading a national search for OK State that ended with them hiring one of their own assistants, who happened to play for Fogler at South Carolina.

The Eddie Fogler is An Idiot Club's Board of Directors are displaying a clear dereliction of their corporate governance responsibilities if they're allowing a single person to hold that many roles

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:58 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Rumors that today will be JT3s final day of employment at Georgetown University.

And Tommy Amaker's Wikipedia page currently says "Head Coach of Georgetown"

I had season tickets for multiple years at Georgetown.

JTIII is horrendous at coaching basketball. His recruiting was decent though.

John Thompson Sr. was terrible at coaching the game of basketball, but was awesome at recruiting. The John Thompson-Dean Smith and John Thompson-Guy Lewis match ups in the NCAA Finals were some of the most inept coaching around some of the most awesome collections of talent ever assembled.

And while Georgetown is to be commended for firing a guy who has done better by every measurable than any coach we have had not named Gary Williams or Tom Davis, let alone the moron currently burying the program below the Earth's mantle, I do look forward to them fucking this up by hiring Patrick Ewing--who is purported to be the clubhouse leader in an effort to placate JT Sr and the powerful faction he commands.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:54 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The Eddie Fogler is An Idiot Club's Board of Directors are displaying a clear dereliction of their corporate governance responsibilities if they're allowing a single person to hold that many roles

Yea I think I am the Board of Directors also
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This is probably the best explanation as to how Eddie Fogler continues to be hired by colleges.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:00 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This is probably the best explanation as to how Eddie Fogler continues to be hired by colleges.

Although it is old news that Miami of Ohio fired John Cooper (a bates hire. People destroying Bates on their message board) he is a Fogler guy. Fogler got him placed at TN State and then at Miami of Ohio. He had been an assistant to Fogler at South Carolina. Has Fogler ever made a good placement? Is this the biggest scam in coaching searches? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 am

Logitano {l Wrote}: ... Has Fogler ever made a good placement? Is this the biggest scam in coaching searches? :ace

frank martin at the cocks looks like a pretty good placement right now

other than that, frank martin at k state was so-so and bryce drew did well at vandy this year and after that... not so much.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}: ... Has Fogler ever made a good placement? Is this the biggest scam in coaching searches? :ace

frank martin at the cocks looks like a pretty good placement right now

other than that, frank martin at k state was so-so and bryce drew did well at vandy this year and after that... not so much.

This is fair and brings up a good point. Frank Martin to The Cocks is an excellent example on how you use Fogler. Cocks identified Martin. And Fogler worked behind the scenes to determine interest and what it would take to get done. Since he was at K-State, this was all handled quietly. You outsource for the surreptitious interest phase. You don't outsource the whole effing process. When the search firm is handing you names, then it is fucked and you are toast if you hire any of them.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:14 am

Fogler (and UMass) recovered very nicely. Mike McCall is a very good up-and-coming young coach. He may not become the next Calipari, but is the type of bold move I wish BC was capable of making.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum