Jerome Robinson

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Jerome Robinson

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:28 pm

Someone over in the Island of Misfit Posters is claiming Robinson will transfer after this year.

Anyone got any insight here?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Jerome Robinson

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:41 pm

You talking about the wild speculation that Robinson will realize that JC will be a lame duck under a new AD and then he will be stuck with a new coach as a senior? Not even those weirdos would call that a rumor. Just a dude HJS-ing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:42 pm

And the McFumbles brothers probably could use a year to work on handles.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:02 pm

If the kid wants to leave BC he should just play in the D League, he's not going to get better sitting out a year. I don't put a lot of stock in this rumor
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:04 pm

And am I really gonna have to sit through 7 minutes of early round women's ACC basketball tournament action before I get to see BC?

If NESN pulls the "run a full postgame show" after this I am gonna puke

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 pm

IF- and I know this is a big IF- this happens, exactly what reason would there be to continue he JC era? The only slightly plausible justification is to seeing if this backcourt can be the start of a turnaround and a coaching change almost certainly leads to one, if not both, leaving.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:08 pm

I said this a couple months ago and it's still true: the chance of Robinson or Bowman taking their chances as a pro is not high but it's nonzero. A transfer would really really surprise me. Doesn't make sense

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:10 pm

He's not good enough to play in the D-League right now. He's not 7 foot tall so skip the Clifford nonsense too
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Glace, next time NESN screws you check NESN+. It only exists for shit like that. I know that they have a URI game tonight, but most nights they start the second game over there when the first runs over.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I said this a couple months ago and it's still true: the chance of Robinson or Bowman taking their chances as a pro is not high but it's nonzero. A transfer would really really surprise me. Doesn't make sense

I see NBA is 3 of 12 tonight.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 pm

In other news LeBron is terrible to watch. Like a drunk Gronk that knows he won't be called for anything and doesn't have to dribble.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cremins on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:54 am

was going to create a topic this morning, but beat me to it. he doesn't look right at all, forcing bad passes and taking bad shots.
it actually seems like he is throwing games, does not look like himself and a completely different player than the beginning of the
year. so maybe the transfer rumors are correct. I hope he doesn't, we cannot afford to lose good young players that we have in the
system. if it is Christian that he is not getting along with, get rid of Christian. he is not the answer anyway, the only reason we should
keep him around is to keep the players and the continuity.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:23 am

cremins {l Wrote}:was going to create a topic this morning, but beat me to it. he doesn't look right at all, forcing bad passes and taking bad shots.
it actually seems like he is throwing games, does not look like himself and a completely different player than the beginning of the
year. so maybe the transfer rumors are correct. I hope he doesn't, we cannot afford to lose good young players that we have in the
system. if it is Christian that he is not getting along with, get rid of Christian. he is not the answer anyway, the only reason we should
keep him around is to keep the players and the continuity.

but why would he go into the tank if he wanted to transfer? wouldn't he treat it like a contract year and try to outperform everyone in hopes of getting a chance at a real program/in the d league?

p and s - fire christian and ban longdistanceeagle
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 am

The guy who's 3rd in the league in scoring looks like he's throwing games?

I was naive enough to think all the tin foil hats were merely a fashion statement

p.s. Tobacco is a salty, salty, poster

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:51 am

Robinson is a very hollow one dimensional player to me and it's scoring. He plays terrible defense and is completely unwilling to help on the boards in spite of his size.

I'd buy that he's injured because literally from game one he hasn't looked right to me at all.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 pm

If Robinson transfers I'm off the Christian train for good.

I don't care if he's one-dimensional, his one asset is something this team needs and he is still one of the better talents on this roster. That may be an indictment of the overall team talent level but Christian cannot afford to lose Robinson.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:If Robinson transfers I'm off the Christian train for good.

I don't care if he's one-dimensional, his one asset is something this team needs and he is still one of the better talents on this roster. That may be an indictment of the overall team talent level but Christian cannot afford to lose Robinson.

The problem is they can't hold any of these guys accountable for not playing defense because what's your other choice, Jordan Chatman?

These JC teams look like a mirror image of Donahue to me. Decent offense, horrific defense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:00 pm

We're going to hear these rumors until classes start in September. I'm looking forward to it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:20 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:If Robinson transfers I'm off the Christian train for good.

The problem is they can't hold any of these guys accountable for not playing defense because what's your other choice, Jordan Chatman?

These JC teams look like a mirror image of Donahue to me. Decent offense, horrific defense

It's immaterial if Robinson transfers, they aren't making the tourney with or without him these next two years.

I don't like him, but they aren't beating anyone without him
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:22 pm

As bad as things are, BC basketball is totally screwed if we lose Robinson. Perhaps LDE can comment? Keeping Bowman and Robinson is our only shot at making the tournament. Then again it won't matter if JC doesn't recruit a decent 4.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:39 pm

No one is calling Robinson the problem. He's just a severely flawed player that is not the solution with a lot of better coaching.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:No one is calling Robinson the problem. He's just a severely flawed player that is not the solution with a lot of better coaching.

you mean nba coaching, right?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 pm

I see we're doing the thing we did to Hanlan to Robinson now

I'll let this fester for a while, then return to win more bets

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Hanlan was better.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:40 pm

its not easy to recruit and keep players with the fake news and venom spewed on this board.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:21 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:its not easy to recruit and keep players with the fake news and venom spewed on this board.

you spew more than hansen at a sweet sixteen party
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:00 am

If youre going to spew, spew into this.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I see we're doing the thing we did to Hanlan to Robinson now

I'll let this fester for a while, then return to win more bets

They're both fine players who would really benefit from better talent around them
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Does anyone know what the real story is here? Big thread over on EA about it also
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Does anyone know what the real story is here? Big thread over on EA about it also

I'm sure LDE does but our resident turds probably have discouraged him from sharing.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum