ND @ BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ND @ BC

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Robinson is super overrated.

This is lame, but I almost guarantee he is injured. Has to be knee or lower back related. He doesn't have the same jump this year.

LDE can confirm, but there's been something wrong with him physically now for a month or two just from watching him.

Okay whatever excuse. He sucked tonight. Must be hurt.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Chatman was 0-3 with 2 rebounds in 30 minutes.

The fact the staff is stuck starting him or Tava is embarrassing. If you played me for 30 minutes tonight I could've contributed 0 points, a couple of rebounds, 0 assists and some sketchy defense. I would've hit one of those two jump shots when there was no one on the entire side of the floor he was shooting from. Baldwin was closer to him than any ND player. Clank and clank.

Turner was much better tonight. Sagay need to play more, you can see the light turning on for him slowly.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This is lame, but I almost guarantee he is injured. Has to be knee or lower back related. He doesn't have the same jump this year.

LDE can confirm, but there's been something wrong with him physically now for a month or two just from watching him.

I go to a ton of games so I feel like I see a different side of it. He always has a heat wrap on his left knee and lower back. There is clearly something physically wrong.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:39 pm

Even Garland Owens had a moment or two of not being ineffective, they both occurred late in the 1st half.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I go to a ton of games so I feel like I see a different side of it. He always has a heat wrap on his left knee and lower back. There is clearly something physically wrong.

Well definitely he is suffering from lack of defense and missed easy shots. Those are both debilitating injuries.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:00 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'm going to make this up about Owens too. He looks hurt. Must be the knee, I saw him touch it once.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

haven't watched much of the last month or so but first noticed it in the vtech game

fact that we have only 2 impact players in year 3 is the dead horse of this season (that or more pointedly no one to play the 4). i'll reiterate any idea what stan or the ohio guy do?

Edit look at ND's roster. never been a huge fan of brey but the players he's grabbing are exactly who bc should be

gibbs (seton hall prep)
matt ryan (iona prep)
Farrell (point pleasant)
vasturia (st joe's prep in nj)
colzon (I know wasn't going to happen)

obviously can add auguste from last year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

haven't watched much of the last month or so but first noticed it in the vtech game

fact that we have only 2 impact players in year 3 is the dead horse of this season (that or more pointedly no one to play the 4). i'll reiterate any idea what stan or the ohio guy do?

Edit look at ND's roster. never been a huge fan of brey but the players he's grabbing are exactly who bc should be

gibbs (seton hall prep)
matt ryan (iona prep)
Farrell (point pleasant)
vasturia (st joe's prep in nj)
colzon (I know wasn't going to happen)

obviously can add auguste from last year

Connaughton from the North Shore
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:26 am

just completely unacceptable. we dont look any more better, organized, disciplined, etc over 3 fucking years
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:50 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:just completely unacceptable. we dont look any more better, organized, disciplined, etc over 3 fucking years

yeah, but we kept the difference under the spread so... that's a moral victory isn't it

i just worry what this squad will look like next year when bowman, shinskie and robinson head to the pros early
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 am

Problem now is that the two lottery picks are basically just chucking at this point, and they can't decide which one has the hot hand. This is not a recipe for success, no matter who they add.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:57 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:just completely unacceptable. we dont look any more better, organized, disciplined, etc over 3 fucking years

The team was physical in Jimmy Mac's first year and it was such a breath of fresh air. I don't know why he went away from that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 am

We were 110 in kenpom 2 years ago with a team full of upperclassmen
226 last year
and we're now 148 this year with our 2 best players being sophomore and freshman

That's actually a marked improvement year over year and anyone with eyes and a brain can see we are much more competitive this year than last year. The problem is we haven't yet improved to the point where we win ACC games because the rest of the conference is so good.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:21 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:We were 110 in kenpom 2 years ago with a team full of upperclassmen
226 last year
and we're now 148 this year with our 2 best players being sophomore and freshman

That's actually a marked improvement year over year and anyone with eyes and a brain can see we are much more competitive this year than last year. The problem is we haven't yet improved to the point where we win ACC games because the rest of the conference is so good.

I don't think that the suggestion was that the talent hasn't improved. I think the suggestion is that the discipline, organization, coaching, etc. hasn't improved despite the obvious influx of talent, at least with a few players. Nowhere is this more evident than in the teams inability to take care of the basketball or shoot free throws.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:22 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:We were 110 in kenpom 2 years ago with a team full of upperclassmen
226 last year

do we still get a participation trophy or are you suggesting that we might slide into the coveted "most improved" category. you know, the category that says "you still suck but you are no longer the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. so take some pleasure in your decreased measure of suckiness and continue shedding some of that suck and maybe next year we can just consider you 'below average' or even if we really drop the suck, mediocre"

pleasepleasepleasegodinheavenmakeitso
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:34 am

226 last year

There was nowhere to go but up from 0-18.

They're just not a well coached team and don't have the talent to overcome that.

Noted defensive guru Stan Heath has not helped their horrible defense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
226 last year

I don't think that the suggestion was that the talent hasn't improved. I think the suggestion is that the discipline, organization, coaching, etc. hasn't improved despite the obvious influx of talent, at least with a few players. Nowhere is this more evident than in the teams inability to take care of the basketball or shoot free throws.

No one on his teams ever improve either. Whatever they are as freshman is what they'll be for 4 years.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
226 last year

No one on his teams ever improve either. Whatever they are as freshman is what they'll be for 4 years.

We don't even have anyone who's been here more than 2 years. And Robinson and Turner did improve.

I will agree the turnovers are terrible and hope to see big improvement next year in that area. They're better than they were at the beginning of the year there as well
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
226 last year

We don't even have anyone who's been here more than 2 years. And Robinson and Turner did improve.

I will agree the turnovers are terrible and hope to see big improvement next year in that area. They're better than they were at the beginning of the year there as well

On what planet have Robinson and Turner improved? Turner looks worse than ever, Robinson still has no clue how to play defense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
226 last year

On what planet have Robinson and Turner improved? Turner looks worse than ever, Robinson still has no clue how to play defense

They've both improved, you're engaging in subjective hyperbole. They aren't what you want them to be, but they are better.

Turner leads the ACC in assist to turnover ratio (a minor miracle on this squad). His FG % is up from 34% to 42% on 1.2 more shots per game, 3pt FG % is up from 26% to 37% shooting more, and assists have doubled while turnovers remained the same. Despite a rough stretch, his ppg is up as well. He's not what he should be by any stretch of the imagination, but he is better by almost every measurable other than rebounding.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:50 pm

On Robinson, his scoring is up almost 8 ppg in identical minutes with a similar scoring lead guard, his 3 pt % is down, but he is chucking a lot more. He's otherwise pretty much the same player, other than slight improvement in FT % and more turnovers.

I would note that not having a big with athletic ability really hurts the perimeter defenders as they have to choose: (a) play off and allow threes or (b) play tight and allow layups with no help. A Diallo that didn't trip over himself (regardless of whether he could do anything on O) would erase many issues.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:On Robinson, his scoring is up almost 8 ppg in identical minutes with a similar scoring lead guard, his 3 pt % is down, but he is chucking a lot more. He's otherwise pretty much the same player, other than slight improvement in FT % and more turnovers.

I would note that not having a big with athletic ability really hurts the perimeter defenders as they have to choose: (a) play off and allow threes or (b) play tight and allow layups with no help. A Diallo that didn't trip over himself (regardless of whether he could do anything on O) would erase many issues.

What is the plan after Diallo commits 5 fouls in 5 minutes? Because that happened a lot last year
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:On Robinson, his scoring is up almost 8 ppg in identical minutes with a similar scoring lead guard, his 3 pt % is down, but he is chucking a lot more. He's otherwise pretty much the same player, other than slight improvement in FT % and more turnovers.

What is the plan after Diallo commits 5 fouls in 5 minutes? Because that happened a lot last year

I said "a Diallo that didn't trip over himself" so no plan needed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Robinson is suffering from tendinitis in his knee.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:32 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Robinson is suffering from tendinitis in his knee.

In other words, I was right.

Suck it Teddy!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Suck it Teddy!

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:53 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Suck it Teddy!

this is the best post you've made in a while* i'm still chuckling...

*non-nospace baiting category
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Robinson is suffering from not being the Eli Carter Memorial Biggest Chucker Ballhog-itis.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum