Official UVA Game Thread!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Official UVA Game Thread!!!

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:25 am

We lost.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Official UVA Game Thread!!!

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:45 am

I IB'd the game. BC out-rebounded UVA by a significant margin and still got crushed.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 am

I IB'd a 3-4 minute stretch in the first half where the score did not change. That was lights out for me.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:32 pm

I went to Top Golf instead.

When I saw Chatman was our leading scorer I figured nothing good could've happened.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 pm

I wish there was a top golf around Boston. I tried it out once on a trip and it was fun
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:24 pm

I went and BC students actually went to the game as well. The basketball team did not make it into Conte, however.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:46 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I went and BC students actually went to the game as well. The basketball team did not make it into Conte, however.

ouch
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I wish there was a top golf around Boston. I tried it out once on a trip and it was fun

It's significantly more fun than BC Basketball
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I went to Top Golf instead.

When I saw Chatman was our leading scorer I figured nothing good could've happened.

Chatman was not good... even as leading scorer. Bowman changed his hair color... which is looking like Samson cutting his hair. Robinson alternates games from being great to being invisible... he wasn't great yesterday. Speaking of invisible, I'd like to introduce you to Turner. UVA is good and can shoot. This was a laugher ala Daz versus a Power 5 team with a winning record.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Chatman was not good... even as leading scorer. Bowman changed his hair color... which is looking like Samson cutting his hair. Robinson alternates games from being great to being invisible... he wasn't great yesterday. Speaking of invisible, I'd like to introduce you to Turner. UVA is good and can shoot. This was a laugher ala Daz versus a Power 5 team with a winning record.

Every game is some combination of turnovers, bad FT shooting and bad defense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I wish there was a top golf around Boston. I tried it out once on a trip and it was fun

I went in Vegas and it was fun for about an hour (and is visually very cool at night behind the strip), if you are a relatively good player it gets kind of old quickly
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Chatman's stroke was good last night. Actually thought that was the one bright spot. It looked like he's been practicing his shot. AJ Turner is not producing and I don't believe he started the second half.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I went in Vegas and it was fun for about an hour (and is visually very cool at night behind the strip), if you are a relatively good player it gets kind of old quickly

The "TopShot" game is the most fun, actually forces you to hit a designated target.

With the beer and food I feel like it's pretty entertaining.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:40 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:AJ Turner is not producing and I don't believe he started the second half.

While I obviously agree with the premise overall, this is kind of splitting hairs after a night when even Bowman disappeared.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:AJ Turner is not producing and I don't believe he started the second half.

While I obviously agree with the premise overall, this is kind of splitting hairs after a night when even Bowman disappeared.

Gameplan for teams is to shut down Robinson and Bowman. UVA did a nice job of this. That should allow Turner and others to create and get opportunities. Sadly, the only role player trying to create his own shot last night was Tava and it wasn't pretty.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:35 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Gameplan for teams is to shut down Robinson and Bowman. UVA did a nice job of this. That should allow Turner and others to create and get opportunities. Sadly, the only role player trying to create his own shot last night was Tava and it wasn't pretty.

That's not really how UVa's defense works, but I'll take your word for it since I didn't watch and don't care enough.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum