BC vs Fairfield @ Mohegan Sun

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs Fairfield @ Mohegan Sun

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Mitch {l Wrote}:This has to rank as the worst coached game in BC basketball history. How can any coach anywhere can just sit there and watch Fairfield get any shot they wanted whenever they wanted and never once change the defense. There was ZERO preparation for this game. And, even worse, ZERO adjustments. Bowman was the only BC player who gave a shit---kudos to him. Robinson is a crybaby when things don't go his way. Turner misses a couple of shots and wilts. All 4 BC bigs were putrid. Can't support Christian anymore---he's got to go back to the MAC or wherever, asap.

So they aren't all awesome anymore? Did they win?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Wait, we lost to fuckin' Fairfield???
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Mitch {l Wrote}:This has to rank as the worst coached game in BC basketball history. How can any coach anywhere can just sit there and watch Fairfield get any shot they wanted whenever they wanted and never once change the defense. There was ZERO preparation for this game. And, even worse, ZERO adjustments. Bowman was the only BC player who gave a shit---kudos to him. Robinson is a crybaby when things don't go his way. Turner misses a couple of shots and wilts. All 4 BC bigs were putrid. Can't support Christian anymore---he's got to go back to the MAC or wherever, asap.

So they aren't all awesome anymore? Did they win?

against auburn? yes, they won. that's the game that shows that the team turned the corner

have there been games since that hipster hoops happening?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:53 pm

As much as they suck, I think they can beat Syracuse this year.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Everyone associated with this Chernobyl-esque basketball team needs to be summarily executed. Shut the program down for the rest of the year and start over next year.

To add further insult to what was already a shitastic day, I learned that Matt Money, formerly of Central Connecticut State, now averaging 20 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists for St Bonnies and the current front runner for the A-10 player of the year, absolutely begged Christian for a schollie but was judged to not be an ACC-caliber player (which even if true, is more true for every current player on this roster.

I have a good friend who is a big TCU booster and he emails me pretty much after every game asking if I am having fun with Jimmy C yet. I will not be having any such fun until Christian departs this mortal coil or heads back to the MAC.

F*ck You Leahy.

Mobley's not even the front runner for the Player of his Year in his own Backcourt so slow that roll a bit.

He'd still be the best player on this roster but still.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Anyone else wondering if we need to read anything into Graves not being at the game?

I have no inside info

He's probably just sick there's been something going around the team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:53 pm

JC makes adjustments and coaches, but the seniors on this team look like they've never played basketball before. Seeing Jeffers, Tava, Owens and Chatman, and boy were the last two horrible tonight, drag down the young kids is painful. Chatman has ability I think, the other 3 need to go away.

At the end of the day, make FTs and we're talking about a victory.

If BC is going to go cheap again, hire Stanley Johnson of Fairfield. They were very well coached and he clearly has no problem recruiting.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:08 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Everyone associated with this Chernobyl-esque basketball team needs to be summarily executed. Shut the program down for the rest of the year and start over next year.

To add further insult to what was already a shitastic day, I learned that Matt Money, formerly of Central Connecticut State, now averaging 20 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists for St Bonnies and the current front runner for the A-10 player of the year, absolutely begged Christian for a schollie but was judged to not be an ACC-caliber player (which even if true, is more true for every current player on this roster.

I have a good friend who is a big TCU booster and he emails me pretty much after every game asking if I am having fun with Jimmy C yet. I will not be having any such fun until Christian departs this mortal coil or heads back to the MAC.

F*ck You Leahy.

Mobley's not even the front runner for the Player of his Year in his own Backcourt so slow that roll a bit.

He's been better than Jaylon Adams this year. Jaylon is another kid who wanted a BC offer--I talked to the Mount St. Joe coach about that very fact. I am not as mad with Jaylon because apparently outside of Bonnies and Towson, nobody else wanted him either. But Mobely is inexcusable. He wanted BC, had offers from Temple, St John's and Seton Hall, and we took a pass while Schmidt outhustled everyone and talked him into Olean. F#ck.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:

F*ck You Leahy.

He's been better than Jaylon Adams this year. Jaylon is another kid who wanted a BC offer--I talked to the Mount St. Joe coach about that very fact. I am not as mad with Jaylon because apparently outside of Bonnies and Towson, nobody else wanted him either. But Mobely is inexcusable. He wanted BC, had offers from Temple, St John's and Seton Hall, and we took a pass while Schmidt outhustled everyone and talked him into Olean. F#ck.

If we had him though, it would deprive us the pleasure of making fun of Mr. 3 and D, in spite of the fact he blows at both aspects.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby thebs19 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:44 pm

As someone who has watched most of the Bona games this year I promise you that Adams has definitively been better than Mobley. Adams is a star. Mobley can get scalding hot (see their near upset of Florida) but he's a bit out of control. He's also already been benched one game for a disciplinary issue. Adams is that team's rock. Yet another underecruited gem unearthed by Schmidt.

Mobley is a big miss for us as a transfer but given the current needs of the roster, David Andoh is one who we should've looked at. He's kinda what they want Tay-vee to be, but like, good.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:14 am

Watched the game.

This team has no shot when JRob doesn't show up. And he sure as hell didn't show up yesterday. Was invisible except for when he was missing open shots or fumbling the ball. The transfers are atrocious. The half court D non-existent. Lost in all of this was that Bowman was phenomenal. Micro has ripped so badly in previous games that he failed to mention the dominant performance he put up. Pretty much scored all his 30+ points on drives to the hoop (which he does strongly... which bodes well for his future). Pop was nonexistent. The transfers remain terrible. Wouldve like to have seen the two absent frosh in this game. It should be noted that when BC made their runs it was when they went up-tempo (pushing the ball quickly up court and pressure D). All that said, they win if they could hit foul shots.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:33 am

Foul shots have long been this team's most frustrating and seemingly fixable problem. Tava never makes two in a row and when you have Robinson gagging at the stripe there's no way to win.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:37 am

I maintain there is enough talent here to be a bubble team in 2 years if the core can stay together that long, which is far from guaranteed.

I realize that is a low bar.

You take what you can get
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:11 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I maintain there is enough talent here to be a bubble team in 2 years if the core can stay together that long, which is far from guaranteed.

They need to recruit a PF to protect the paint and rebound, but yes. Add Uka Agbai to this team, and you might have a tourney team in a year. Turner needs to wake up, Bowman and Graves need to get their games under control (which will happen), Pop/Sagay need to keep improving, and Tava and Jeffers need to graduate.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I maintain there is enough talent here to be a bubble team in 2 years if the core can stay together that long, which is far from guaranteed.

They need to recruit a PF to protect the paint and rebound, but yes. Add Uka Agbai to this team, and you might have a tourney team in a year. Turner needs to wake up, Bowman and Graves need to get their games under control (which will happen), Pop/Sagay need to keep improving, and Tava and Jeffers need to graduate.

Owens also needs to graduate.

I continue to maintain talent isn't the problem.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:32 am

Owens doesn't bother me. If this team could run without turning the ball over, he'd be an asset off the bench on the wing.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:44 am

we lost to fairfield?

ool
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:14 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:we lost to fairfield?

ool

I blame teddys boyfriends cheesesteaks
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:we lost to fairfield?

ool

I blame teddys boyfriends cheesesteaks

let's not rush to judgment. we all know it takes at least 50 games to judge a team.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This... and it is a bubble team next year with a decent PF.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This... and it is a bubble team next year with a decent PF.

It's a bubble team with a PF if Turner gets his act together and becomes the Jae Crowder-type all around guy to complement Robinson. Then you hope Bowman develops as a slasher and Graves a spot up shooter. All sorts of good three man combos with that group, and sprinkle in a little Sagay at 3 and as a backup at 4. Pop/new foreign guy/Reyes at the center. Need the glass cleaner.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Owens doesn't bother me. If this team could run without turning the ball over, he'd be an asset off the bench on the wing.

This team on a fast break is a disaster. Bowman thinks it's football and plows ahead to the hoop regardless of the wide open guys on the wing. That or a bounce pass inevitably hits someone in the ankles.

Bowman and JRob are fantastic, neither should be playing PG.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Graves is gone
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby flakes on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Graves is gone
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:53 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Graves is gone

flakes {l Wrote}:Graves is gone

We're talking about it in the Providence thread.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:30 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:As much as they suck, I think they can beat Syracuse this year.

Hairy Green Anal Warts!
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum