Hartford Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Hartford Game Thread

Postby BCHerbert on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 pm

This is a must win against a tough Yankee Conference opponent.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Re: Hartford Game Thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Vinny's knocking off work early so he can watch this one.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Dear god, Zach Spears is doing this game on ESPN3 or whatever it's called.

Just praised the progress that BC has made because last game, when they were coming back Jeffers turned it over but this time, Jeffers kicked it out and they missed a shot.

Hooray.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:16 pm

For fucks sake.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:16 pm

box scored this one but woof
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:46 pm

how does this fucking deflated john goodman still have a job?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleManiac66 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:50 pm

Could any other ACC team lose to a Yankee Conference team? Is this what we're going to be noted for? Looks like another 0-fer in the ACC this year. :bag :suicide
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:40 pm

I can't even muster a reaction to this. Just kick back and let's see how much longer BC is willing to allow its athletics department to be mocked as a national disgrace.

The higher ups have a great capacity for tolerating embarrassment, so I'm betting we haven't even scratched the surface yet.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:06 pm

You can fire JC now for all I care.

I could put together a team that could beat Nichols or Hartford.

You all enjoy the rest of this season
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby thebs19 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:07 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:box scored this one but woof

I watched it. These were two very evenly matched teams and the last 5 minutes were entertaining in the sense that it was a see-saw battle where both sides were making shots when they needed to. So if you just ignore the fact that it was a power 5 school against the projected cellar dweller of the America East, you could enjoy it!

That said, Hartford deserved to win. The refs tried to hand it to us with a super bogus flagrant 1 with a minute left and still couldn't take the gift. The hit big (open) 3 after big (open) 3 late.

The good news is that young squad out on the court at the end - which included 3 23 year olds - will surely learn from this experience.
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Maybe this is just a strange voodoo curse where BC loses to teams with names that are "Har[consonants][vowel]rd." Maybe some weird jade panda juju.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:11 pm

thebs19 {l Wrote}:

I watched it. These were two very evenly matched teams and the last 5 minutes were entertaining in the sense that it was a see-saw battle where both sides were making shots when they needed to. So if you just ignore the fact that it was a power 5 school against the projected cellar dweller of the America East, you could enjoy it!

That said, Hartford deserved to win. The refs tried to hand it to us with a super bogus flagrant 1 with a minute left and still couldn't take the gift. The hit big (open) 3 after big (open) 3 late.

The good news is that young squad out on the court at the end - which included 3 23 year olds - will surely learn from this experience.

Why people continue to watch this idiocy I don't know.

How this coaching staff has managed to turn kids with really solid offer sheets into this I will never know
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:14 pm

I didn't remotely watch this shit. Celtics lost.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:

How this coaching staff has managed to turn kids with really solid offer sheets into this I will never know

It's amazing. All these retards are on twitter whining about talent and the same old BS. It's not elite ACC level talent but it's the best it's been in 7-8 years, and they're still pulling this shit
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:24 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
thebs19 {l Wrote}:

It's amazing. All these retards are on twitter whining about talent and the same old BS. It's not elite ACC level talent but it's the best it's been in 7-8 years, and they're still pulling this shit

The talent is better than Harvard, Nichols and Hartford.

I didn't watch any of this, but BC basically plays hero ball whether it's Carter or JRob, and when they suck, we'd lose to a D3 Team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:28 pm

You guys watched? Ha.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:29 pm

Is it too late to hire Amaker without interviewing him?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I didn't remotely watch this shit. Celtics lost.

That sucked, too. They have a bad habit of blowing big leads.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You guys watched? Ha.

No.

BC Basketball has been instituted a permanent boycott from me attending or watching.

If you're ready this at BC, I literally went to every game last year, so good work.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bender on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:55 pm

This is not the best talent in 7-8 years, but these last two classes have been solid, solid enough to not lose to low D1 teams. I think it's perfectly fair for a BC fan to refuse to spend any money on BC athletics until the whole athletics department is overhauled. The decline in the Football, Basketball and Women's basketball programs in the last ten years is comical. It's almost as if they wanted athletics to fail as part of some conspiracy to eliminate athletics at BC altogether. It's all so depressing.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:01 am

and i was about to go to stub hub to find cheap tickets for the MSG game.

fuck that noise.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:36 am

Bender {l Wrote}:This is not the best talent in 7-8 years, but these last two classes have been solid, solid enough to not lose to low D1 teams. I think it's perfectly fair for a BC fan to refuse to spend any money on BC athletics until the whole athletics department is overhauled. The decline in the Football, Basketball and Women's basketball programs in the last ten years is comical. It's almost as if they wanted athletics to fail as part of some conspiracy to eliminate athletics at BC altogether. It's all so depressing.

Are you kidding ? Donahue didn't bring 1 person with legitimate D1 interest (not to mention offers - ironically the one guy I think he had committed who has turned out to be moderately successful is the kid playing @ ND this year). Name a year under Donahue or JC that have had more talent and depth than this year. To Christian & staffs credit, theyve recruited reasonably well all things considered (lack of recent success/facilities) and have drastically upped athleticism. I think Epstein said it, but it was beyond stupid to not bring in a PG last year and have to rely on 2 TFR this year and the staff has whiffed 2 years in a row on getting a 4 man with whom they faced little competition for in revruiting. Although he won't use the youth excuse, JC could legitimately make a case with 2 inexperienced PGs on the roster.

Like Addazio, when JC (and Addazio) are fired, assuming a relatively competent individual is brought in, you will probably see a fairly competitive product assuming limited attrition.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Bender {l Wrote}:This is not the best talent in 7-8 years, but these last two classes have been solid, solid enough to not lose to low D1 teams. I think it's perfectly fair for a BC fan to refuse to spend any money on BC athletics until the whole athletics department is overhauled. The decline in the Football, Basketball and Women's basketball programs in the last ten years is comical. It's almost as if they wanted athletics to fail as part of some conspiracy to eliminate athletics at BC altogether. It's all so depressing.

Are you kidding ? Donahue didn't bring 1 person with legitimate D1 interest (not to mention offers - ironically the one guy I think he had committed who has turned out to be moderately successful is the kid playing @ ND this year). Name a year under Donahue or JC that have had more talent and depth than this year. To Christian & staffs credit, theyve recruited reasonably well all things considered (lack of recent success/facilities) and have drastically upped athleticism. I think Epstein said it, but it was beyond stupid to not bring in a PG last year and have to rely on 2 TFR this year and the staff has whiffed 2 years in a row on getting a 4 man with whom they faced little competition for in revruiting. Although he won't use the youth excuse, JC could legitimately make a case with 2 inexperienced PGs on the roster.

Like Addazio, when JC (and Addazio) are fired, assuming a relatively competent individual is brought in, you will probably see a fairly competitive product assuming limited attrition.

The talent is not the issue.

The complete lack of leadership, especially from Robinson and Turner are the problem. Robinson in particular is a joke out there. The next time he encourages a teammmate will be the first.

Hence why Owens should start at the 4 and Tava can leave campus immediately. At least Owens leads when he's out there.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 am

Football isn't as bad as you all make it out to be.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:38 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Football isn't as bad as you all make it out to be.

Yes it is that bad. They stink.

Serious question/concer, is it feasible to kick BC out Of the ACC? From a financial and perfection point of view it would make sense to replace them with a big 12 school or Houston. The conference already has the northeast market with Syracuse and Pitt and could greatly benefit from getting into the Texas area.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssport ... ent=safari

When Daz loses to an FCS Team let me know.

I have no clue on the other question.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:54 am

I just want to take a moment to honor what Fr. Frank has accomplished...
POWERLESS INDEX
Both teams were rated in the 300s in the latest RPI (rating percentage index) entering the game.
BC was 311 and Hartford 337.
The Eagles shot 22.2 percent in the opening half, with the Hawks hitting only 26.9.
WHERE'S THE CROWD
The teams played in front of a sparse gathering - one of the smallest remembered in the history of Conte Forum since it opened in 1988 (minus games played during winter-weather conditions). The attendance was listed as 2,274.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:30 am

Football is nowhere near as bad as basketball.

How are what's his name's plans to go pro next spring going?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:45 am

Stubhub offering baseline tickets for the 12/23 game against PC for $7. Thinking of wasting this paltry sum of money and watch this product. My guess is that the attendance will be fair only because of the number of Friar fans in attendance.

In January attended the PC vs. Xavier game at the Dunk. PC and Xavier were in the top 10 at the time. First time ever two top 10 teams played at the Dunk. What an atmosphere for college basketball that was.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:01 am

From the Globe

Lifeless BC pays price in loss to Hartford

The moment Jason Dunne saw his pull-up 3-pointer split the net with five seconds left in the first half, the light bulb went off for the Hartford men’s basketball team. Dunne ran back the other way, howling and punching the air with his team set to go into the the locker room with a 27-23 lead.

He could smell blood. “I was telling the guys that it looked like they didn’t want to be there,” Dunne said.

“A lot of times you’ve got to take advantage when these major college teams aren’t ready,” said Dunne, who scored a game-high 25 points, going 7 for 15 from the floor, 5 for 10 from 3-point land, and 6 for 6 from the stripe. “They kind of take us lightly or don’t come out with enough energy and we took advantage of that. It’s huge for the university, huge for the school, huge for the program.”
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:02 am

Why does JC keep saying the team was tired? What exactly are they tired from?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum