Harvard Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Harvard Game Thread

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:47 pm

The only good thing about playing Harvard is that they always bring a few closeted Ivy twinks to Conte. Otherwise they own BC in hoops.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Re: Harvard Game Thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Didn't we use to at least keep it close against Harvard?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:11 pm

If, knock on wood, anything were to happen to Robinson, this team would struggle to score 30 points a game
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:27 pm

I think this is the least enjoyable BC team I can remember watching...and I've seen a lot of crappy basketball out of this program

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:30 pm

holy shit, fire this asshole.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Turner needs to sack up
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 pm

And enough Jeffers and all 5th years. Wasted minutes. Recruit better.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:43 pm

what is the obsession with forcing it in to Jeffers? He's not even effective

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:43 pm

They've had four possessions since cutting it to 9 and haven't attempted a shot.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Feeding Jeffers in the post 3 straight possessions down 9 for 3 TOs was awesome
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 pm

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
| |
| this |
| team |
| sucks |
| |
| _____|
(\__/) ||
(•ㅅ•) ||
/   づ

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:06 pm

We won the second half you bunch of a-holes. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm glad I ignored this mess.

Jeffers and Tava are fucking awful.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I think this is the least enjoyable BC team I can remember watching...and I've seen a lot of crappy basketball out of this program

I enjoyed watching Eli Carter pound the air out of the basketball last year more than this group.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:12 pm

This team has enough talent to be disappointing. Fuck 5th years.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Someone who watched help me out, why did we commit so many fouls?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm

BC was dishing the ball around the perimeter down 11 with 6 min left, running the shot clock to single digits. What the hell was that?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:49 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:BC was dishing the ball around the perimeter down 11 with 6 min left, running the shot clock to single digits. What the hell was that?

This team has no one who can generate their own shot except Robinson so a majority of possessions look like this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Jim Christian looks like somebody boiled Danny Aiello and gave him a buzz cut.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:05 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Jim Christian looks like somebody boiled Danny Aiello and gave him a buzz cut.

Jim Christian look like a damn pierogi come to life.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby lobstalova on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:38 am

should have never fired Al
lobstalova
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:34 am

As bad as Tava and Jeffers have been, the freshman PGs have also been awful. The number of TOs they commit is atrocious and late in the clock they do nothing to create offense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:As bad as Tava and Jeffers have been, the freshman PGs have also been awful. The number of TOs they commit is atrocious and late in the clock they do nothing to create offense.

No.

This mentality is what leads to Tava and Jeffers being brought into the program (and getting significant minutes). If you don't have the patience to deal with Frosh making mistakes, you can't bitch about their lack of development.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:53 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:As bad as Tava and Jeffers have been, the freshman PGs have also been awful. The number of TOs they commit is atrocious and late in the clock they do nothing to create offense.

No.

This mentality is what leads to Tava and Jeffers being brought into the program (and getting significant minutes). If you don't have the patience to deal with Frosh making mistakes, you can't bitch about their lack of development.

Micro is a miserable douche, he will complain about anything and everything.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:58 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Christian was put in a tough situation and that sucks for him. That said, after he goes 0-36 in the ACC in back to back years, he will be canned.

We are the laughing stock of the ACC, Iowa State's AD was correct in calling BC's futility out, they are in a much better plan right now.

In a normal organization, I don't think your scenario is necessarily a bad thing. I think we can all agree that the Frosh and Sophs have some talent (though it may be raw). Making what-would-be a very easy/non-controversial decision to send Jimmy-Mac back home would provide an opportunity for an excellent coach to (a) win in the short-term and (b) use the foundation to recruit a couple of difference-makers that gets the team to the next level.

However, as was the case with the football fantasies (Daziani's head was never on the block this year), the focus shouldn't be on whether or not JC should be relieved of his duties... the focus needs to be on who is the replacement. Like with FB, the program cannot survive a 3rd straight failed hire by aging celebate men (i.e. Frank and Leo).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

No.

Agreed, let them work their shit out and encourage them to be aggressive. One Turner is enough.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Christian was put in a tough situation and that sucks for him. That said, after he goes 0-36 in the ACC in back to back years, he will be canned.

We are the laughing stock of the ACC, Iowa State's AD was correct in calling BC's futility out, they are in a much better plan right now.

In a normal organization, I don't think your scenario is necessarily a bad thing. I think we can all agree that the Frosh and Sophs have some talent (though it may be raw). Making what-would-be a very easy/non-controversial decision to send Jimmy-Mac back home would provide an opportunity for an excellent coach to (a) win in the short-term and (b) use the foundation to recruit a couple of difference-makers that gets the team to the next level.

However, as was the case with the football fantasies (Daziani's head was never on the block this year), the focus shouldn't be on whether or not JC should be relieved of his duties... the focus needs to be on who is the replacement. Like with FB, the program cannot survive a 3rd straight failed hire by aging celebate men (i.e. Frank and Leo).

I tend to agree with your overall premise, a really bad season gets Christian canned potentially leading to a home run hire. That said, this could be accomplished (I think?) if we go 1/2-35/34 and it would be better to avoid the ignominy of back to back defeated seasons. So I think it's ultimately bad no matter how you look at it.

And yes, the next hire should be a major focal point and it will show how seriously the administration is going to take athletics moving forward.

Christ higgi, you are bad at basketball
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I tend to agree with your overall premise, a really bad season gets Christian canned potentially leading to a home run hire. That said, this could be accomplished (I think?) if we go 1/2-35/34 and it would be better to avoid the ignominy of back to back defeated seasons. So I think it's ultimately bad no matter how you look at it.

And yes, the next hire should be a major focal point and it will show how seriously the administration is going to take athletics moving forward.

Christ higgi, you are bad at basketball

has there ever been someone from brandeis that was good at basketball?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:46 am

Unless there's some billionaire waiting in the wings to make a 9 figure donation, there's a 0% chance of a home run hire. However much we spend, we're going to get a coach that's actually worth half that much because we have to pay a massive premium to convince anyone to come here and kill their career. The reason the last coaching search was a disaster is they didn't realize until they started trying to solicit interviews that no one wants to coach here. Christian took it because he had no prayer of ever getting another P5 job otherwise, and we massively overpaid him. The next coaching search is going to be a similar disaster, we're either going to get another nothingburger with no better options or maybe we'll just take the wild shot lottery ticket approach with someone like Walter McCarty or someone similarly out of left field. Not to sound too much like HJS here but when I think about plausible paths to getting this turned around, maybe we needed to hire somebody like Calhoun, let him recruit actual talent onto the roster, and then force him to retire after 2 years and hope to con some good coach into coming. Or we could try the Virginia Tech approach and hire a good coach who's a year away from being fired at his current school. Of course all of this requires a proactive athletic department, not a lame duck MAC-failure AD who patted himself on the back so hard over graduation rates he knocked himself over and of course fell up into BC's stupid waiting arms

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

No.

The point I am trying to make (poorly I guess) is that this team is going to continue to blow as long as the PGs continue to play like this. They have both on the whole been awful. I agree both are very talented.

He had no choice but to bring in 5th years at PF and C, these ones just completely suck. You couldn't go into the season with just Popovic and Reyes as the only big men on the roster.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum