Andy Katz Article

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Andy Katz Article

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:This quote was interesting:

"We've got eight guys who can legitimately play and two others that might have to figure it out. So let's go. You don't need more than eight anyway.''

Wow. He is so the anti-spaz/TOB. I love it.

wow. its funny how people on this board will take a quote completely out of contect (or even make up quotes) in order to bash Spaz. But here's a quote that Skinner blatantly dismisses two of his players as crappy, but that aspect of the quote is completely ignored and it is touted as a "GREAT QUOTE"!!!

You are a douche. He is saying that they haven't figured it out yet. You are the one misreading the quote.

There is no mis-reading "we have 8 legit players, but you only need 8."

If that vaguely resembled the whole quote, OJ, I might agree with you.

Those two parts of the quote stand by themselves. He shouldn't be saying that. And its not like he said, "they're learning...they're getting there." He said, "they might have to figure it out." Not a ringing endorsement.

Why do you continue to ignore my post with the quotes directly from Al that refute your interpretation? Skinner did not say anything bad. Also, why do you not address my other post with the three similar quotes? Are those "bad" things to say? Look, I'm not sure if you are OJ but avoiding quotes where you are proven wrong is very OJ-like.

I am not ignoring those quotes. Yes, he says they have potential when asked directly about them. But I am talking about that one quote when he talks about the team and completely dismisses them. I am not leaping to any conclusions about their ability or Al's thoughts about them ...I am just saying that quote was ridiculously stupid. H\If I were one of them and I read that quote from my coach I would be pissed.

That's where you are MISINTERPRETING the Katz article quote!!!!!!! Can you try to understand that? He has confidence in those players, he is not saying they are "not legitimate." Hell, you don't even know who he is talking about so how can a player get mad? Did you read the whole article? Earlier in the article he explains why he didn't recruit anyone for this year whereby he states that they have 10 players. Do you think he would only go with 10 players, two of which are "not legitimate" so only 8 players, when there is a good possibility of an injury or two? It's insane to come to that conclusion. Dude - you clearly have an axe to grind with Skinner, let it go.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:This quote was interesting:

"We've got eight guys who can legitimately play and two others that might have to figure it out. So let's go. You don't need more than eight anyway.''

Wow. He is so the anti-spaz/TOB. I love it.

wow. its funny how people on this board will take a quote completely out of contect (or even make up quotes) in order to bash Spaz. But here's a quote that Skinner blatantly dismisses two of his players as crappy, but that aspect of the quote is completely ignored and it is touted as a "GREAT QUOTE"!!!

You are a douche. He is saying that they haven't figured it out yet. You are the one misreading the quote.

There is no mis-reading "we have 8 legit players, but you only need 8."

How the fuck can that quote be misinterpreted? Fine, maybe he doesn't feel that way, but he said DIRECTLY they have 8 legit players, but that's all you need.

If that vaguely resembled the whole quote, OJ, I might agree with you.

Those two parts of the quote stand by themselves. He shouldn't be saying that. And its not like he said, "they're learning...they're getting there." He said, "they might have to figure it out." Not a ringing endorsement.

Why do you continue to ignore my post with the quotes directly from Al that refute your interpretation? Skinner did not say anything bad. Also, why do you not address my other post with the three similar quotes? Are those "bad" things to say? Look, I'm not sure if you are OJ but avoiding quotes where you are proven wrong is very OJ-like.

I am not ignoring those quotes. Yes, he says they have potential when asked directly about them. But I am talking about that one quote when he talks about the team and completely dismisses them. I am not leaping to any conclusions about their ability or Al's thoughts about them ...I am just saying that quote was ridiculously stupid. H\If I were one of them and I read that quote from my coach I would be pissed.

That's where you are MISINTERPRETING the Katz article quote!!!!!!! Can you try to understand that? He has confidence in those players, he is not saying they are "not legitimate." Hell, you don't even know who he is talking about so how can a player get mad? Dude - you clearly have an axe to grind with Skinner, let it go.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Chilltown on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:49 am

This whole argument has devolved into a retard slap fight.

I like BC basketball.
Chilltown
n00b

Previous

Return to Conte Forum