has tom coughlin fired jimmy mac yet?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

has tom coughlin fired jimmy mac yet?

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:47 pm

hoping that's his second order of business
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: has tom coughlin fired jimmy mac yet?

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:01 am

I posted this on EA and think it merits discussion here:

The hiring of Christian is one of those questions like "should a team have gotten in the NCAA tournament" vs. "how will the team do in the tournament." AKA, sometimes it is largely agreed upon the last at large team in the tournament should not have received a bid, but the bid should have gone in favor of another team. However, that last at large team ends up making a sweet 16 run.

Jim Christian is that last at large team. Should he have been hired? Absolutely not. But can he succeed here? Jury is out. We have some young talent and who knows what they can be after 3-4 years.

This is a year where we have no remaining Donahue trash on the team (except for Garland). Lets see what we can do.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Re: has tom coughlin fired jimmy mac yet?

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:22 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:I posted this on EA and think it merits discussion here:

The hiring of Christian is one of those questions like "should a team have gotten in the NCAA tournament" vs. "how will the team do in the tournament." AKA, sometimes it is largely agreed upon the last at large team in the tournament should not have received a bid, but the bid should have gone in favor of another team. However, that last at large team ends up making a sweet 16 run.

Jim Christian is that last at large team. Should he have been hired? Absolutely not. But can he succeed here? Jury is out. We have some young talent and who knows what they can be after 3-4 years.

This is a year where we have no remaining Donahue trash on the team (except for Garland). Lets see what we can do.

Great simile. Definitely not long-winded either
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum