Game at MSG next year

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game at MSG next year

Postby EagleDave on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:40 pm

If you're on the twitter machine and want some entertainment, check out the EA guy having an absolute meltdown right now over fans not worshiping his opinion about this team.

https://twitter.com/Zacklopedia/with_replies
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:49 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i guess it's not surprising but good lord did they struggle with the press.

auburn is not a good team at all

i'm not well versed enough in basketball to diagnose the problem but they struggle with entry passes to jeffers when he's in good position. don't know whether it's the pass or he's not aggressive enough grabbing it

nice win, popovich needs to play more great get by spinelli. there was 100% chance bowman was going to shoot that at the end, which isn't a bad thing we need someone with balls beyond robinson. key for jimmy mac will be stacking another jerome robinson type class on top of the current roster

anyone want to claim responsibility for this?

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/ ... 3401432064

edit: guess zach spears is the mouthpiece for the basketball program that rubin is for the football program

Haha those guys are my buddies. Same guys that started the "We want Pearl" chant with me at the VCU game a few years ago that got documented in the Globe. Would've been there with them if I wasn't living on the left coast now. You met the dude on the left at the Pinstripe Bowl nametag event

TRE, the guy on the left also may or may not have been part of my group at Wake in 08
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:49 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:If you're on the twitter machine and want some entertainment, check out the EA guy having an absolute meltdown right now over fans not worshiping his opinion about this team.

https://twitter.com/Zacklopedia/with_replies

Spears was actually always fantastic before this year.

I have no clue what happened since
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
Haha those guys are my buddies. Same guys that started the "We want Pearl" chant with me at the VCU game a few years ago that got documented in the Globe. Would've been there with them if I wasn't living on the left coast now. You met the dude on the left at the Pinstripe Bowl nametag event

TRE, the guy on the left also may or may not have been part of my group at Wake in 08

yup not sure if he posts here or just sticks to tos, good guy though. i preferred the fire fire leahy sign
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:21 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I will admit they sucked me in because it started at 6:30.

That's a huge win in spite of some awful officiating. Popovic is really good.

Pop is good.

Also, at times turner looked really good. You can tell that they are trying to get him to shoot more. If Graeves can start knocking down some perimeter shots, that would be huge. They have some pieces

Really, really happy they didn't collapse in the second half, shocked actually.

I didn't watch the game. but Turner being passive drives me nuts. He should be the best all around player (not scorer) on the team by far.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:22 am

bc missed a ton of open looks from deep as well, especially in the 2nd half

ft shooting remains atrocious
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:27 am

Spears is a good guy but now that he is part of the IMG BC broadcast team he has to drink the Kool aid. They will never put an open critic on their air waves.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby thebs19 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:27 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:bc missed a ton of open looks from deep as well, especially in the 2nd half

ft shooting remains atrocious

You can replace BC with "Chatman". Nothing like a 3 and D guy who can't shoot and can't play D!
thebs19
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:00 am

caught the last 8 minutes. first minutes ive watched all year. good for them. earned a trip to conte for me...at some point. having providence the friday before christmas at 4 pm and cuse new years day isnt exactly easy for anybody who has a life.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:36 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Spears is a good guy but now that he is part of the IMG BC broadcast team he has to drink the Kool aid. They will never put an open critic on their air waves.

It's not him being a parrot, it's him insulting fans. Probably not wise to insult what few customers you have left if you're part of the BC media.

Guy is about as thin skinned as Coach Thinskin, which is saying something. Still going at it this morning.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Spears is a good guy but now that he is part of the IMG BC broadcast team he has to drink the Kool aid. They will never put an open critic on their air waves.

It's not him being a parrot, it's him insulting fans. Probably not wise to insult what few customers you have left if you're part of the BC media.

Guy is about as thin skinned as Coach Thinskin, which is saying something. Still going at it this morning.

His opinions on basketball are also not very accurate.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:39 am

The highlighting of the 19 RPI is moronic after they've played 7 games.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:40 am

They're 54 now
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They're 54 now

That's what happenes when you lose to a team that was in the 300s (333 I think)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:57 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They're 54 now

That's what happenes when you lose to a team that was in the 300s (333 I think)

Thanks, Roethlisberger.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Tava can be maddening and then pull ridiculous passes out of his ass. The one thing you can say is he has good vision. The backdoor to turner for the free throw in the final seconds was great. If he was 6'2 he'd be a great point guard....
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:24 pm

This was the first game that I have seen this year, and a few things stood out to me:
1) Popovich is a solid player.
2) Bowman is aggressive, but maddening. For every good play he makes, there are two where he is out of control.

3) This team has zero attitude. No toughness.

Good win. Get better.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Could this mimic early Curley/Eisley/Huckaby/Abram era, in that there's some talent, but it has to develop and it won't be over night?

Then there's the getting murdered on the boards part.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Bender on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:16 pm

I find it hard to believe that these players will end up being as good as the Curley class, three of whom played in the NBA even if a couple were very briefly, but hey, fingers crossed. I currently think we'll be lucky if they end up being as good as Donahue's first two classes with Anderson, Hanlan and decent D1 players like Heckmann, Clifford and Rahon. I guess patience is the only choice we have, but this team is two years away from being 5-13 in ACC play. But hopefully becoming a team that can win a few ACC games will help attract better recruits. If we stick it out with Christian we have to hope for a slow build back to respectability similar to what happened under JOB, but I think we're still waiting for the breakthrough recruiting class. Right now we're still in the Doug Able, Bobby Moran, David Hinton classes.

I'm sorry to be so negative after our best win in two years, but I just can't ignore the big picture. We're not as bad as the team that lost to Hartford but we're also not ready to beat Auburn every game either.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:37 pm

I am pretty impressed with how we played against Auburn. At many times we looked like we belonged in the ACC. Bowman has talent, but is also so frustrating with countless mistakes. I feel like both him and Graves fail to realize that what worked against high school competition, doesn't work any more. It's been causing way too many turnovers.

I am very impressed with Popovic. With what we have now Bowman, Robinson, Turner, Tava, and Popovic should be the starters. I'm fine with Jeffers getting meaningful minutes off the bench given that our team doesn't have any depth for bigs. Jeffers at least uses his body well and makes relatively few mistakes.

We desperately need a good forward.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Give this man an extension and a subscription to the Ketchup of the Month Club!

Mods, please create a catsup smilie. :catsup
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Mitch on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:21 pm

I was very impressed with the win over Auburn.

We are a different team when Robinson is scoring. Man, he is developing quite an array of moves, like adding in a fadeaway from the baseline.

I thought Bowman was excellent---he needs to be aggressive and yes he is going to make mistakes, but he only had 2 TOs and he took the ball hard to the hoop, something that's been lacking in recent years. His last runner with 2 seconds left almost dropped---and it did;t matter because Popovic was in perfect position to tip it in.

Popovic showed three of the best and most poised post moves in years. That's an element on offense that has been so lacking as Clifford really struggled to finish off his moves.

Out rebounding Auburn 49-36 was very encouraging. Jeffers and Tava are bangers and Turner and Bowman grabbed quite a few.

Turner is starting to assert himself with confidence---that's a real plus.

Really thought the refs tries to hand it to Auburn the last minute---the foul on Tava was gift-wrapped---Tava played it straight up.

Not sure why so many of you think Tava is bad---he plays smart and he bangs, plus he's a very good passer from the high post---like his dish to Turner. Bill Raftery likes Tava a lot, which is always appreciated coming from him.

the only player I feel iffy about is Chapman. I'd like to see Graves and Bowman play as a tandem at times.
Mitch
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Bad would be an improvement over what I think of tava's game. He's that rec league big that can't jump with the beer gut so he thinks he's John Stockton.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Bad would be an improvement over what I think of tava's game. He's that rec league big that can't jump with the beer gut so he thinks he's John Stockton.

Uh huh
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:19 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:Give this man an extension and a subscription to the Ketchup of the Month Club!

Mods, please create a catsup smilie. :catsup

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum