TOS Posters Grumbling That Idy + 3-5 Others Could be Out

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

TOS Posters Grumbling That Idy + 3-5 Others Could be Out

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 pm

Our bench next year

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Re: TOS Posters Grumbling That Idy + 3-5 Others Could be Out

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:07 pm

LDE basically said next years team would be entirely different, what is the surprise ? If anything, it hopefully helps smooth out the massive recruiting classes we have seen. As long as it's not Turner, Milon, Robinson, Reyes (and maybe Hicks who I think has some value off the bench in the ACC) who honestly cares.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:14 pm

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:14 pm

We're gonna have 8 players who can't shoot trying to shoot Under Armour balls...shall we quit now, or quit later?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:22 pm

Did the person on TOS give any indication as to who they think are leaving ??
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:26 pm

The usual suspects.

SBT, Meznieks, Hicks. I'm sure it could be anyone. Those are just the names mentioned there by idk-how-credible posters and ones everyone has thrown around
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:04 am

I watched a grand total of like 10 minutes this season, but I thought SBT looked not terrible. Accordingly, I'd hate to lose him... especially since he is likely slated to be our starting PF.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:37 am

losing SBT would suck
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:04 am

agreed sbt is an ACC level player, wouldn't be good to lose him

given what lde was saying about them still actively recruiting despite being at the max scholarships, this isn't a surprise
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:19 am

I don't care if anyone from the current roster leaves (other than Robinson) so long as there is something better coming in. I would be fine with either Bowman or Vital replacing SBT for example, although I confess to having no idea what I'm talking about.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:53 am

my only question about all of this is who is going to be the first person to claim this is all skinner, and his oh-fer recruiting class's, fault

my money is on moj
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:54 am

at some point itd be nice to have roughly 3 freshman, 3 sophmores, 3 juniors and 3 seniors for the first time in a hundred years
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:my only question about all of this is who is going to be the first person to claim this is all skinner, and his oh-fer recruiting class's, fault

my money is on moj

^ i guess that makes it me
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:02 am

I'd like to re-state my long-held belief that transfers are usually not the answer to your problems.

Cue the "anyone is better than x-player" argument.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:12 am

Agree that losing SBT would be bad. Still confused about this whole character issues thing with him.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:16 am

BC won't win until the revolving door stops. Some attrition is okay, but they need to reach a level of stability that they have not had since Al missed a class and had to stock up with that super class that missed.

BC's only chance in the ACC is to build a base of talent that will be here 4 years, and then land a star every once in a while. Not going to do it bringing in 6 recruits every season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC won't win until the revolving door stops. Some attrition is okay, but they need to reach a level of stability that they have not had since Al missed a class and had to stock up with that super class that missed.

BC's only chance in the ACC is to build a base of talent that will be here 4 years, and then land a star every once in a while. Not going to do it bringing in 6 recruits every season.

This is true. No roster stability in the better part of a decade is what has this team in shambles.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'd like to re-state my long-held belief that transfers are usually not the answer to your problems.

Some transfers have been OK for BC: I always liked Xavier Singletary, Blair served a role and without him a bad team would have been worse, Dmitri Batten was OK

Others have been negative for BC: Carter, Humphrey, Brown (the last two are only negative through certain lenses otherwise they are just neutral)

On other teams, transfers have been very positive. YUKON started three on a team that won its crappy conference tournament and won an NCAA game (Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs and Shonn Miller). They would have been maybe .500 without the transfers.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC won't win until the revolving door stops. Some attrition is okay, but they need to reach a level of stability that they have not had since Al missed a class and had to stock up with that super class that missed.

This is true. No roster stability in the better part of a decade is what has this team in shambles.

Agreed.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:44 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'd like to re-state my long-held belief that transfers are usually not the answer to your problems.

Some transfers have been OK for BC: I always liked Xavier Singletary, Blair served a role and without him a bad team would have been worse, Dmitri Batten was OK

Others have been negative for BC: Carter, Humphrey, Brown (the last two are only negative through certain lenses otherwise they are just neutral)

On other teams, transfers have been very positive. YUKON started three on a team that won its crappy conference tournament and won an NCAA game (Rodney Purvis, Sterling Gibbs and Shonn Miller). They would have been maybe .500 without the transfers.

I stand by my statement, and your post did nothing to change my mind.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:53 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I stand by my statement, and your post did nothing to change my mind.

Impossible
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby durkcal on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:27 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Agreed. Hopefully we do not lose Reyes, Robinson, Milon, SBT or Turner. Those guys all have potential.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 am

I dunno. I don't actually follow BC basketball (I got the jist of things though) and even though it's not a talent thing, losing like a third of your players is kind of a bad look.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47 am

If there really is that much turnover, I can't see Bates firing Christian next year after another poor season.

Now that's not to say Bates won't be fired himself but I just think Bates will give Christian another year under the guise of roster turnover and stability.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:55 am

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:If there really is that much turnover, I can't see Bates firing Christian next year after another poor season.

Now that's not to say Bates won't be fired himself but I just think Bates will give Christian another year under the guise of roster turnover and stability.

Because the head coach has no control over and cannot be blamed for roster turnover and stability.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:my only question about all of this is who is going to be the first person to claim this is all skinner, and his oh-fer recruiting class's, fault

my money is on moj

It was Teddy.

I never blame Skinner... thought he was the best coach we ever had.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:28 pm

If 4-6 players transfer, then Christian should be shit-canned immediately. There is no point in having him coach the team if he can't retain players he recruited himself.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Agreed. $500k Ohio buyout... 6 year contract... 3 expensive assistants... Eddie Fogler finder fee... Brad Bates still making the hire... I can't possibly imagine anything going wrong with DGF's plan.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Agreed. $500k Ohio buyout... 6 year contract... 3 expensive assistants... Eddie Fogler finder fee... Brad Bates still making the hire... I can't possibly imagine anything going wrong with DGF's plan.

becoming a national laughingstock....priceless.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Agreed. $500k Ohio buyout... 6 year contract... 3 expensive assistants... Eddie Fogler finder fee... Brad Bates still making the hire... I can't possibly imagine anything going wrong with DGF's plan.

Pay now or pay later.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum