Jamie Dixon to TCU?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Jamie Dixon to TCU?

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:33 am

This will certainly bring up some discussion re: Jimmy Mac, BC, TCU, the ACC, etc.

I understand Dixon is a TCU alumnus but still...its TCU basketball. The WINNINGEST COACH IN MAC HISTORY couldn't even win there.

If only BC had TWTW large enough to reach out to its most capable coaching alumni

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Re: Jamie Dixon to TCU?

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:38 am

I don't see how this is at all comparable to BC's situation? BC is a small, religiously-affiliated school located just outside a major city trying to compete in a Big 5 conference.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:18 am

bruce pearl has made it subtly clear enough that he doesn't think he'd be able to sufficiently cheat at bc to make coaching here worth his while
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:09 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't see how this is at all comparable to BC's situation? BC is a small, religiously-affiliated school located just outside a major city trying to compete in a Big 5 conference.

Not to BC's situation...but just the interplay of human beings, conferences, etc.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:11 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:This will certainly bring up some discussion re: Jimmy Mac, BC, TCU, the ACC, etc.

I understand Dixon is a TCU alumnus but still...its TCU basketball. The WINNINGEST COACH IN MAC HISTORY couldn't even win there.

If only BC had TWTW large enough to reach out to its most capable coaching alumni

Bud Collins is rolling in his grave, itching to comment on this.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:15 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I don't see how this is at all comparable to BC's situation? BC is a small, religiously-affiliated school located just outside a major city trying to compete in a Big 5 conference.

Not to BC's situation...but just the interplay of human beings, conferences, etc.

Do you know anything about TCU?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:25 am

I don't blame BC for the Pearl thing not coming together. But Dixon to TCU does show that if you are willing to open up the checkbook and give an A-List coach the resources he needs, you can hire an established coach and not a MAC retread. The big swings and misses for BC the last time around were Howland and Wright.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:20 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't blame BC for the Pearl thing not coming together. But Dixon to TCU does show that if you are willing to open up the checkbook and give an A-List coach the resources he needs, you can hire an established coach and not a MAC retread. The big swings and misses for BC the last time around were Howland and Wright.

Howland and Wright aren't BC alums so this isn't apples to apples. However, I suspect if you doubled Wright's pay you would have been able to land him (since allegedly that's what TCU is doing). I kind of have a hard time seeing BC having the third highest paid coach in the country ahead of Self and Izzo and making twice what the football coach was making, but no one has cared about the Wright thing making sense all along so I don't expect that to change now.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:25 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't blame BC for the Pearl thing not coming together. But Dixon to TCU does show that if you are willing to open up the checkbook and give an A-List coach the resources he needs, you can hire an established coach and not a MAC retread. The big swings and misses for BC the last time around were Howland and Wright.

Howland and Wright aren't BC alums so this isn't apples to apples. However, I suspect if you doubled Wright's pay you would have been able to land him (since allegedly that's what TCU is doing). I kind of have a hard time seeing BC having the third highest paid coach in the country ahead of Self and Izzo and making twice what the football coach was making, but no one has cared about the Wright thing making sense all along so I don't expect that to change now.

Plus, Eastern Clothing of Watertown balking at making an 8-button sport coat was a deal breaker.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:36 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Plus, Eastern Clothing of Watertown balking at making an 8-button sport coat was a deal breaker.

Of course not, it would cover too much of the mock turtleneck
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:58 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Wright didn't ask for anywhere close to double
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:21 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

and (assuming that you actually know what you're talking about) it didn't get to the point where Villanova made a competing offer to retain him.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

Yeah. I went to the Wisconsin-TCU Rose Bowl and know that I absolutely never would want to come within a 200 mile radius of TCU.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:03 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

Yeah. I went to the Wisconsin-TCU Rose Bowl and know that I absolutely never would want to come within a 200 mile radius of TCU.

Austin's pretty nice, and there are some decent places in Dallas to drink and chase tail.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

Austin's pretty nice, and there are some decent places in Dallas to drink and chase tail.

What about Ft. Worth?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:11 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

What about Ft. Worth?

Never been
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:19 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

and (assuming that you actually know what you're talking about) it didn't get to the point where Villanova made a competing offer to retain him.

I thought wright was just a thing that TRE made up to MTBS.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:22 pm

i didn't make it up. in fact, i wasn't the first person to mention it.

i was the one that dove on it wholeheartedly because of how little sense it made and therefore how unlikely it was.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:24 pm

I made it up. Then it was true.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Phil Jackson to BCU
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I made it up. Then it was true.

oh right. how the second part happen?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:54 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

No clue. I was just being a sarcastic dick.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

No clue. I was just being a sarcastic dick.

i think vinny sent me a pm to let me know that it was actually in the works so we should probably shut up about it.

because i never liked vinny, i immediately trumpeted it as true and infallibly likely. then two days later it was april 1 and the snakes-on-a-plane.vu.edu message board announced it all as an elaborate hoax in april fools dayian style.

damn that vinny
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm

God damn snakes on a plane was a good time.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:God damn snakes on a plane was a good time.

i saw it, i loved it, i bought the t-shirt

they were so confused... it was almost better than ronnie bass
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:09 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:26 pm

You make that sound like Jay Wright was pursuing us rather than the other way around
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Damn... that was a great read. LDE should read our then realtime responses as various names came across the radar. I did some nice work in that thread.

HJS {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Why do the rest of us have to read between the lines for HJS?

Why do the rest of us have to point out penises for DGF?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:54 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby thebs19 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:00 pm

So this has apparently happened, per Rothstein.

JC has some Pitt ties. Any chance they go to that well...!?
thebs19
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum