fsu

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: fsu

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 am

i dont know where to put this so ill leave it here:

http://deadspin.com/boston-college-seni ... socialflow

Against Florida State, Boston College senior center Dennis Clifford had 15 points and nine rebounds before fouling out with 9½ minutes left. Right then, BC’s deficit was somewhat manageable, at 65-56, but quickly climbed back up to 15 points.

Afterward, Clifford was asked what his best memory of playing college basketball will be. He choked up and put his head down, pausing for more than 20 seconds. When he looked back up, his face was red, his eyes were welling.

His answer: “Going out to eat.”
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 am

[youtube]http://youtu.be/p9lqZ4wPCIA[/youtube]

i dont know how this works
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:05 am

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby cremins on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:42 am

would love to have four more cliffords out there rather than carter, only did what was asked of him, didn't play out of his comfort
zone and gave everything he had. I am very grateful for Clifford, he wasn't always the best and he wasn't the strongest down
low but he was a classy bc guy. thank god we don't have to watch carter anymore, the announcers tried to kill him a little but you
could tell they wanted to so much more. that was one of the worst seasons I have ever seen anyone have in a bc uniform, just awful.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:58 am

It took 7 seasons, but by the end of a miserable year, Clifford was the best big man to come through this program in a long while. Credit where it's due, he put up with a lot of injuries to get there. Too bad it didn't click sooner, he might have had a nice college career and a shot at getting paid to play.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby lobstalova on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It took 7 seasons, but by the end of a miserable year, Clifford was the best big man to come through this program in a long while. Credit where it's due, he put up with a lot of injuries to get there. Too bad it didn't click sooner, he might have had a nice college career and a shot at getting paid to play.

This is a hot take and a half. I guess it depends on your definition of a "long while" though.
lobstalova
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:33 am

lobstalova {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It took 7 seasons, but by the end of a miserable year, Clifford was the best big man to come through this program in a long while. Credit where it's due, he put up with a lot of injuries to get there. Too bad it didn't click sooner, he might have had a nice college career and a shot at getting paid to play.

This is a hot take and a half. I guess it depends on your definition of a "long while" though.

My hot take was more of: (1) an acknowledgement that after 3 senior seasons, Clifford actually looked like a viable big man as he approached his Shinskie years; and (2) an indictment of the moron that coached these guys for 4 seasons.

A team with Hanlan, Anderson, Rahon and Clifford is actually looking pretty good right now, it just didn't look good when Beeker was coaching it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:

My hot take was more of: (1) an acknowledgement that after 3 senior seasons, Clifford actually looked like a viable big man as he approached his Shinskie years; and (2) an indictment of the moron that coached these guys for 4 seasons.

A team with Hanlan, Anderson, Rahon and Clifford is actually looking pretty good right now, it just didn't look good when Beeker was coaching it.

That team would've looked better if they had found the weight room at BC...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:40 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:

And that's whose fault?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:

And that's whose fault?

Insert Beeker from the Muppets here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
lobstalova {l Wrote}:

And that's whose fault?

as we may or may not learn on sunday, it's bc's fault for not having an s&c coach. without an s&c coach how is anyone on the team supposed to know that devoting one's self to cheesesteaks instead of exercise will lead to sluggish play (potentially lumberjack beards when taken in excess)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:without an s&c coach how is anyone on the team supposed to know that devoting one's self to cheesesteaks instead of exercise will lead to sluggish play (potentially lumberjack beards when taken in excess)

Dammit TRE, I try to stay mad at you but I can't.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:44 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:without an s&c coach how is anyone on the team supposed to know that devoting one's self to cheesesteaks instead of exercise will lead to sluggish play (potentially lumberjack beards when taken in excess)

why are you mad at me now, lbl?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

For being right about Sarge and Jimmy Mac.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

For being right about Sarge and Jimmy Mac.

don't forget beeker.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum