UNC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UNC

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 pm

even the eo coaching staff standing 69ing each other are better coaches than roy. and not just because the eo coaching staff has practice standing 69ing each other.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:17 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:even the eo coaching staff standing 69ing each other are better coaches than roy. and not just because the eo coaching staff has practice standing 69ing each other.

Thanks for not linking a visual of the standing 69. Roy Williams is (maybe) a good recruiter, but after that is just awful.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:53 am

Even Roy Williams knows Roy Williams is a bad coach

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14797768/north-carolina-tar-heels-coach-roy-williams-apologizes-not-calling-late-loss-duke-blue-devils

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina coach Roy Williams said he apologized to his team for not calling a timeout in the closing seconds of the Tar Heels' 74-73 loss to rival Duke on Wednesday.

North Carolina had the ball with 20 seconds left and a chance for the win after rebounding a missed 3 by Blue Devils guard Grayson Allen. Williams said he allowed the Tar Heels to play through based on the principles he learned from legendary coach Dean Smith.

"Coach Smith taught me -- and I believe this, I'm not blaming it on Coach Smith, it's my call," Williams said. "I think you should always attack before the defense gets set. I've always believed that, always taught that, the way I've always played. I told the kids I should've called the timeout."

The resulting shot was not a good one. The ball didn't go to Marcus Paige, who generally is the player responsible for taking the final shot, and it didn't go to Brice Johnson, who had game-highs with 29 points and 19 rebounds. Instead, Joel Berry forced up a shot with 4 seconds left that was short. Berry was 2-for-12 from the floor and had eight points.

"We didn't get as good of a shot as I thought we would get but that something I've always believed in," Williams said. "I say it's my fault. If we had to do it all over again tomorrow night I'll probably do the same thing cause I think that's the best way to play."
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:21 am

in fairness, even calling a time out would have led to him fucking it up in some different way

but he still should have called a time-out, if only to get berry the fuck off the floor

gad i hate dook
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in fairness, even calling a time out would have led to him fucking it up in some different way

but he still should have called a time-out, if only to get berry the fuck off the floor

gad i hate dook

Do you work with any Duke fans, and if so did they bring a change of pants to work today, just in case?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:26 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in fairness, even calling a time out would have led to him fucking it up in some different way

gad i hate dook

Do you work with any Duke fans, and if so did they bring a change of pants to work today, just in case?

i work with a handful of dook fans but it's really more of an unc/rcc/vpi crowd and a smattering of wal-martian carolina fans (try not to act surprised). there's also some wake folks but they mostly keep to themselves and some clemson folks that ruin the reputation of being "nice" that their tailgate fans have earned.

luckily there are no miami alumni because if we had any i would need to assume that haung kissed their wang

edit - and to your main point, no spare pants were brought today. they know they've pretty much shit the bed for the majority of this season and only won last night because aww-shucks-roy let them with the assist to berry for taking a shot that even eli carter would pass up as too shitty
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 pm

I thought jhiggi quit to run for Legislative Director.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I thought jhiggi quit to run for Legislative Director.

they always come back
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Guess not
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum